Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paulinho had a great first season - proven Brazilian international, goals from open play, great engine

Selling him would make 0 sense, imv

I think some of our 'fans' would moan even at Messi

Unproven in the prem, doubt he could perform at a rainy night in Stoke, and has proven he's unable to score against Chelsea..

I'd rather pass thanks.

Stop. You've quite clearly taken it overboard with your interpretation with how relentlessly you continue with this. Stop this.

"for me all patience is gone. I haven't been impressed with him much as a player as is, and his recent listless displays of laziness and apathy have severed the tie for me"
Cashpur

"for me all patience is gone. I haven't been impressed with him much as a player as is, and his recent listless displays of laziness and apathy have severed the tie for me"
Cashpur

What are you trying to gain? That's not different than anything I've said since, or defended since. I have no regret for saying that at the time, and have said nothing since contrary to that. What is your agenda here? Why can't you stop this insane need to personally discredit that's going nowhere?

What are you trying to gain?

Your claim that I misinterpreted your claims.

"I don't think he's a poor player"

and in the past

"he does not contribute much to team dynamics. He is a passenger far too often who contributes almost nothing to build-up play"

"He just quite frankly doesn't offer much in the middle in terms of team dynamics, including possession."

"Paulinho has simply not shown enough this year to impress"

"This man is way down the pecking order at the moment, and some of you are kidding yourselves if you don't believe it's merited from recent performances in particular."

Last edited:
Ah, so everything you've said beforehand today including personal attacks was just irrelevant and non-purposeful. I see.

It's more to do with what you have said about the player. Which is relevant. What with me providing quotes and staying on topic and answering your question.

Fairly strong in all departments?.....except for tackling, shooting, and passing the ball quickly......apart from that he has been brilliant. Yeah I agree, definitely one our better buys

Fairly strong in all departments?.....except for tackling, shooting, and passing the ball quickly......apart from that he has been brilliant. Yeah I agree, definitely one our better buys

He could be more clinical going forward, passing and shooting wise.

But hes athletic, great on the ball, covers a lot of ground, good at tackling, wins his 50/50's all day long and he's a handful, i bet opposing midfielders hate playing against him. Most dynamic player we've got.

Admin Admin can we make it so gibbs131 and cahspur cahspur can't see each others posts? Seriously guys, give it a rest. Every other thread now has 2-3 pages of just you two going at each other. Recognise the trend and start ignoring each other, please!

I don't blame you for feeling this way. But if you go through and read, you'll note than in every case who the instigator of conflict is, and that those initial posts typically consist of personal attacks which now most recently are followed up with my responses asking him to stop.

I reserve the right to defend myself and my opinions made on a forum. As there is no evidence of me initially attacking him with personal insults or instigation of conflict aside from civil questions or insult-free criticism, yet many instances of me offering him to resolve our issues in the privacy of PM and informing him I'd be happy to engage in civil dialogue with him if he'd stop the attacks, I think the better plan is for this board to ask him to stop continuing in this manner and not punish me for defending myself by removing my ability to do so by forcing me to ignore him. His behavior is poor for a forum as is, and I do not deserve to have the right to defend myself diminished because of it.

This game we love. This Club we love affects us! At times makes us even more irrational/emotional than family.

Love, Hate, Hypocrisy! A way of life, that we are all capable of at times. This, and as already intimated, extends to our love frustrations and therefore comments about our beloved Tottenham Hotspur.

Live and let live!

And anyone not liking this post can go an f**k themselves!

Do you ever have arguments with him about Eriksen, Kane, Vertonghen, Lloris, Soldado, Dawson, Sigurdsson or Chiriches?

No, and the only arguments including some of the players in the previous list were from his own stretches and manipulations (Lennon, Rose, and Naughton). I simply included them in my lineup for the Villa game, and he seemed to think that meant I wanted them in my plans for the following season and that I loved tiny dancers, without even asking me as to my actual opinion of the players.

Back
Top Bottom