Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shiiit man, *sad face*, how did that affect the price of bacon?

And Paulinho.
Paulinho was, like :paulinhofacepalm:

and then he realised he was off to Brazil for the summer and he was, like :paulinhofacepalm:

and then he realised that after the summer he would be back at spurs and he was, like :paulinhofacepalm:

and then he, like, realised how much he gets paid to play football and he was, like :paulinhofacepalm:

and then he thought, 'hmmm, what I need to do is work on more facial expressions to make more smilies for them interwebz forum dudes'. And he was, like:paulinhobored:

So he looked up 'spurs' and 'facial' in the interwebz, you get me, and he was, like:lamelashock:

Im feeling a bit more positive about Paulinho at the moment... Even if he doesnt want to play for us, him being first choice for Brazil probably means we could make money on a sale, prsuming he plays well in theWC. If he does want to play for us, we will have a better more settled player on our hands next year... I hope its the latter as i dont want to write off any of our summer signings after one (very disjointed) season

Im feeling a bit more positive about Paulinho at the moment... Even if he doesnt want to play for us, him being first choice for Brazil probably means we could make money on a sale, prsuming he plays well in theWC. If he does want to play for us, we will have a better more settled player on our hands next year... I hope its the latter as i dont want to write off any of our summer signings after one (very disjointed) season

Think he'll stay and do well. In the grand scheme of things, he was an important goal scorer for us this season (when our goal scoring issues are taken into consideration) and showed that he has enough ability to perform all over the pitch under the guidance of a manager who doesn't slot him in next to an attacking midfielder like Chadli or Siggy. Honestly, think the biggest factor concerning Paulinho being a hit in the squad next year is going to be how Sandro/Capoue progress this offseason.

Was just thinking what a lame season Oscar after Xmas and Neymar had too, think how big this world cup is for these fellas more than any other nation, wouldnt surprise me if after that confed cup win they were such a group they almost were determined to get to this world cup, they dont have any injuries unlike other nations, and it hindered their club form as nothing compared to this

Then hopefully post this world cup we can get a great season out of Paulinho

Was just thinking what a lame season Oscar after Xmas and Neymar had too, think how big this world cup is for these fellas more than any other nation, wouldnt surprise me if after that confed cup win they were such a group they almost were determined to get to this world cup, they dont have any injuries unlike other nations, and it hindered their club form as nothing compared to this

Then hopefully post this world cup we can get a great season out of Paulinho

I hope you're right man, but so far in this game it's a showcase of why he works for Brazil: receives, finds open man (usually horizontally), and looks to make a run into the box. Just not the type to drive a team forward with the ball at his feet, but it works for Brazil with their amount of wide talent and ability to drive forward.

I hope you're right man, but so far in this game it's a showcase of why he works for Brazil: receives, finds open man (usually horizontally), and looks to make a run into the box. Just not the type to drive a team forward with the ball at his feet, but it works for Brazil with their amount of wide talent and ability to drive forward.
You've just defined a box to box midfielder? I think one box to box, one creative and one more defensive is the best way to go. I think therefore Holtby to back up Eriksen, Capoue to back up Sandro and Bentaleb to back up Pauli is the best way to go. Any other players in those areas I'm not too fussed about.

Hauled off by a giant stopwatch on 63 mins....

Hmmm, hardly set the world cup alight yet has he?
Still, least it keeps him under the radar... so every cloud!!

(I'm jo-HO-king BTW!)

So there we have it cahspur cahspur nothing seems to have changed!! that is a rocking midfield for Croatia though, anyway all in all its clean sheet August time, anyone who doesnt step up in that midfield wont last long as we have loads of players competing for very few places

You've just defined a box to box midfielder? I think one box to box, one creative and one more defensive is the best way to go. I think therefore Holtby to back up Eriksen, Capoue to back up Sandro and Bentaleb to back up Pauli is the best way to go. Any other players in those areas I'm not too fussed about.

Indeed I did, but even then I think a BTB at his price should be doing more to drive a team on so he can himself get in the box more. Simply not enough in-between in a midfield as static as ours. I don't expect him to move us like a DLP would, but I do still think he can and should be doing more. The excuse of the hectic season doesn't apply, as you can see with Brazil that it's just not his style (hence why they brought on Hernanes early to spur them on) nor has it ever been.

I think it's entirely possible Poch can pull more out of him, because he will undoubtedly love little Paul's ability to find space on the end of crosses. However, I maintain my concerns that Poch, who loves the vertical ball, may also not prefer Pauli initially because of how much he prefers to simply flip the field horizontally.

I hope you fine folks paid attention to his play today, and took note of his style simply being who he is as a player and less a result of our disruptive season.

Last edited:
I thought he was anonymous tonight. Nothing that we haven't seem before. The header that he went up for in the 2nd half with Charlie, looked like a kid trying to impress his parents.

Back
Top Bottom