Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some players just don't bed down in the EPL, also we were in such a transitional phase that it wasn't going to be easy for him to show his best. Having said that, I thought he didn't put in the effort required to flourish for us.

One of many players to have his confidence sucked out of him by negative fans. A brilliant player and fantastic acquisition when he came, but in the end I guess we had no choice but to sell.

I wanted him to succeed as much as anyone but I am often guilty of trying to stay positive with players when they are clearly not a good fit. Maybe if he hadn't got the injury in that game vs stoke where he was immense, things would have been different. But he was genuinely terrible after that and selling him was the correct decision.

Some players just don't bed down in the EPL, also we were in such a transitional phase that it wasn't going to be easy for him to show his best. Having said that, I thought he didn't put in the effort required to flourish for us.
Yeah, there is a difference between him and the likes of Soldado and Janssen. It was clear that for whatever reason Paulinho had gotten upset in his time here. Be it the way he was managed, his struggles with English, the other players, who knows? But it was clear the result was that he was either mentally weak or lazy as you could see if wasn't trying particularly hard, especially in the latter half of his time with us, and it seems that rather than recognising that and trying to address it, he felt it easier to just give up the ghost. Whatever the cause, that sort of weakness is something you don't need in the top six in the PL.

He just wasn't suited to the league.

It happens to some players. Shows glimpses of excellence (Crystal Palace and Swansea in his opening two games and Stoke at home) - but beyond that, not much.

Always seemed to be on the wrong side of play, lackadaisical in a lot of his play and seemed to be scared of any sort of contact. La Liga will give him a lot more freedom to make his excellently timed runs (something he is VERY good at, as evident by his two goals for them) and less physicality.

He looked terrible after his confidence was gone. He was bad for Brazil too then. It had nothing to do with fitting the league, as he had a skillset that could've made him our Alli before Alli (not that they are excactly alike, but his ability to run into the box, to score goals, and a bit of flair is akin to Alli's).

Our fanbase, as others both in England and abroad, are very quick to dismiss and pour shit on players who don't get off to a flying start. If we could truly support players through bad times, our club would probably be better off.

One of many players to have his confidence sucked out of him by negative fans. A brilliant player and fantastic acquisition when he came, but in the end I guess we had no choice but to sell.

He was shit

All this love for these Carlos Kickaballs.... just cos they've got one name that ends in"INHIO"

No one would've given im the time of day if he'd have been black and called Sissoko.

images

I think Pauliniho is an absolute donkey and how ever many headers he scores against already destroyed spanish fringe teams I will still think he's a donkey and firmly believe that Barcelona fans will be savaging him for stealing a living by Navidad

I don't know, he actually looks genuinely happy to just somehow end up in the same team as Messi and assist him all day... could actually start to work in Barca and Messi's favour to have less egos around him on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom