Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"He always gives everything. For a young man, he’s very mature and the beauty of guys like that, and we’ve a few in our team, they’ve got such a high ceiling… in fact, they’ve probably got no ceiling to the kind of footballers they can be.”

I said before that the sky is the limit with this kid.

Yes I know all that, I was there.

If you weren't there you wouldn't have seen how for the next 30-40 minutes we were battered, we didn't have a chance and they could have scored a couple, they had enough chances to win 3 matches.

Here's the BBC:

an injury-hit Spurs watched as Bournemouth enjoyed plenty of chances and looked likely to level;

the Cherries posed a threat throughout and will perhaps wonder how they did not manage to take something from the game;

Richarlison got a crucial touch on Marcus Tavernier's free-kick to ensure it whistled wide before Solanke's effort almost found the back of the net when Ben Davies diverted it on to the top of the crossbar;

Solanke had nine chances, the most he has had in any top-flight match this season, forcing Guglielmo Vicario into a good reaction save with a header and going close from Tavernier's low cross;

With Sarr, we go one up and no bother.

As soon as he goes off it all goes to shit.

We hang on for 30-40 mins until a Son special and a breakaway give us the points.
I was there. It was a pretty awful match as you say. Quite how we ended up 3-0 up is still beyond me.
Another of those games whereby the result probably skewed the fans opinion of the match heavily. Had their 2nd not been disallowed that would have been a hella nervy ending.
I'm not entirely sure if Sarr going off was linked to anything or not though. We had the same Vs Villa when Bentancur went off. It may have been him and it may not.

Another one of those game we won but were awful was Everton where we raced into a 2-0 lead and then clung on for absolute dear life for 70 minutes.

I agree. I think he’s going to be a top player and he’s improving all the time. The mix we have in midfield with Biss,Madders,Sarr,Bentancur,Hojbjerg and even Lo Celso are great options to have. There’s few teams have the options and depth in that position . I’d honestly say we have the best group of midfielders in the league.
I would say second only to City's group right now.

The other element is that Gio and PEH are likely to move on in the summer which leaves a gap.

Bergvall is hopefully ready to take some of their minutes but we probably need another signing. Skipp shouldn't be getting minutes for us next season if we want to challenge at the top level.

What's not to understand? He didn't stand out in the eye test for many people, that's all, doesn't mean he didn't play well, very much like Bissouma last game vs Villa where very few gave him credit for his performance for the reasons you're describing.
Whose these many people. Stick to speaking on your own behalf. I go to the games regularly and often watch the players off the ball work as much as on, so your eye test from the TV is an abject way to decide much. I very much noted the work Bissouma did and his role in the team. He's coming back to form nicely but on the entirety of the season he's behind Sarr I don't think it's even contentious. As for your Gallagher fantasy it's bollocks and he won't replace Sarr as Sarr is the better player already and getting better. The 60 million the chavs wants won't happen.

PS
Premier League
Year
Year
Matches
Games played
Goals
Goals
Assists
Assists
Yellow
Red
2023-24233360

CG
Year
Year
Matches
Games played
Goals
Goals
Assists
Assists
Yellow
Red
2023-24262561

Last edited:
For the right price, I'd take Gallagher as a replacement for Skipp. He presses really well, has a goal in him and can get better. But for 60 million, no thanks! He might be worth something like that down the line, but for us, there's far better ways to spend that kind of money. I'd much rather see a top quality striker come in than a midfielder. I don't think we're a million miles away. I'd much rather see two great players join us in the summer rather than 3 or 4 "good" ones first and foremost. Gallagher is good. Far from great.

"He always gives everything. For a young man, he’s very mature and the beauty of guys like that, and we’ve a few in our team, they’ve got such a high ceiling… in fact, they’ve probably got no ceiling to the kind of footballers they can be.”

I said before that the sky is the limit with this kid.
yeh his maturity was also showed when he got a yellow card in th 19 min ( which was a joke card )
and he was never in danger of getting a second one.
but what is most amazing 4 me is his energy ,
someone on here said he is a horse (lol)

I like the kid a lot, please don't misunderstand me, but I think some are going a bit OTT when calling him the most important midfielder. For me, Maddison and Bissouma's remits would be harder to improve on right now. But I like what he brings and he compliments the other two really well, they all bring something very different, but all fit their remits really well and balance each other and the team.

Let's see if the kid keeps developing before putting heavy expectations on him, but at his age, he's clearly got scope.
It's hard not to put expectations on him. To be as good as he is at 21 is outstanding.

He'll have lows to go with the highs, but I fully expect him to be in the conversation, in a few years time, as the best midfielder in the World.

I've never said that about any young player ever. This kid is a generational talent though, of that I'm utterly convinced.

The only thing that will stop his rise is injury.

His maturity showed when he got a yellow card in the 19 min ( which was a joke ) but he was never in danger of getting a second one.
What is most amazing 4 me is his energy ,
Someone on here said he is a horse (lol)
Great point about the yellow card.
Ange said he has a back problem so he is not 100% fit.
He is far from the finished article but the only way is up IMO.

Im glad at least we can all agree Sarr is an unbelievable talent.

I’d like for him to start shooting more. Would be great to have him arriving late and taking shots from outside/top of the box. Hope the team will help and look to find him in these situations- I should think he’s earned enough trust by now.

Andddd this is where I think we probably need to take a chill pill.

Think he could be unreal. But even unreal midfielders from current gen (KDB, Kante etc) didn’t get within touching distance of a Ballon d’or.
Not in the Messi-Ronaldo era, but who knows in 6 years if he fulfills his gigantic potential, he might be in the conversation. Not saying that he will win it, but I'm convinced that he'll become world-class.

Back
Top Bottom