Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not in the Messi-Ronaldo era, but who knows in 6 years if he fulfills his gigantic potential, he might be in the conversation. Not saying that he will win it, but I'm convinced that he'll become world-class.

He probably will. But he’s not an attacker and the flashier, more goalscoring types like Bellingham, Haaland or Mbappe going forward will always dominate than convo.

For someone like Sarr (who looks like he will be a complete b2b) to win a Ballon d’or would require an insane season and winning the big prizes. It’s a lot harder.

Andddd this is where I think we probably need to take a chill pill.

Think he could be unreal. But even unreal midfielders from current gen (KDB, Kante etc) didn’t get within touching distance of a Ballon d’or.
Do you know what I think a lot of what happens will depend on....COACHING. We have to actually develop him not simply let him make mistakes and learn on the job. I want the elements of his game properly looked at and some talented former midfeild players to work on bits with him. Hoddel, Mickey Hazard, guys who can just give him little heads up on how you can use space see a forward pass practice volleyed passes. On the plus side he has had some time with Yaya Toure for example but it's important we don't simply let him work out his use in the position for Ange. It was the thing that worried me about Conte's system needs and the development of Oliver Skipp.

I just hope he gets the opportunities to shoot more- it’s a first step towards him expanding his offensive contribution, which could maybe someday win him a ballon d’or!

He probably will. But he’s not an attacker and the flashier, more goalscoring types like Bellingham, Haaland or Mbappe going forward will always dominate than convo.

For someone like Sarr (who looks like he will be a complete b2b) to win a Ballon d’or would require an insane season and winning the big prizes. It’s a lot harder.
I could see him doing it as a backbone CM- prob captain too- of a double winning club inc CL. Hopefully that would be us in a few years, but if not you know the other usual names.

If he’s going to win a Ballon D’Or, it would require him to carry Senegal to a WC final while we (or God forbid another club) also win trophies at the club level. Not very likely.

But, he is a world class talent and I think he offers our squad something no one else can replicate. He’s integral to our squad and to me,
the most important CM.

Well, Modric won it once.
So it has to be something similar.

Though let's face it, one thing that it is NOT in his favor is being from Africa.
Hear me out - not being racist here - I mean let's be honest here - on NT level, every European player has 2 tournaments where doing well will put to to center of attention of footballing world - Euros and WC. For African players, there is just WC. AFCON just does not get the same amount of attention. At least part of it is also to do with tournament taking place in mid-season.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves yet...
We've gotta be a CL club regularly for someone like Sarr to even be considered for summit like that! So let's concentrate on THAT first!!

Then again, Lucas Bergwal is already a shoe in for NEXT seasons Balloon d'Or... And he hasn't even arrived yet!
Baby steps....

With Sarr on the pitch, we rarely lose and we rarely ever concede from open play.

He's played in 23 games this season. We've lost just 2 of those when he's been on the pitch and not been subbed off.

Brighton away - when we had Davies and Royal playing central defence, no Romero, no van de Ven, no Bissouma, no Maddison and no Bentancur

Wolves home.

In those 23 games when he's been on the pitch, we've conceded a grand total of 5 goals from open play.

Fucking FIVE.

One of which was an own goal from Romero against Woolwich.

In the 8 games he hasn't played in (or started), we've won 2, drawn 4, lost 2 and conceded 15 goals (10 from open play)

He's key at this point to everything we do.
nice stats, cheers for that

is there a site you've gone to for that or have you had to trawl through our results, his games, mins on the pitch.

I hope you your sake it was the first!

tenor.gif

With Sarr on the pitch, we rarely lose and we rarely ever concede from open play.

He's played in 23 games this season. We've lost just 2 of those when he's been on the pitch and not been subbed off.

Brighton away - when we had Davies and Royal playing central defence, no Romero, no van de Ven, no Bissouma, no Maddison and no Bentancur

Wolves home.

In those 23 games when he's been on the pitch, we've conceded a grand total of 5 goals from open play.

Fucking FIVE.

In the 8 games he hasn't played in (or started), we've won 2, drawn 4, lost 2 and conceded 15 goals (10 from open play)

Jesus Christ - conceded 5 open play in 23?!!!

Wolves home.

Fucking FIVE.

Fucking hell. 23 games is more than half a season as well, that’s every team at least once.

Has to be mostly to do with his ability to defend in transitions, galloping about like horse with no rider.

That cross for Madders was just pure filth. The amount of core strength and tekkers required is up there.

Kid's unreal. If he stays clear of injuries, keeps his head down but aggro up, works on his shooting...man oh man.

Essien who? Yaya who?

Do you know what I think a lot of what happens will depend on....COACHING. We have to actually develop him not simply let him make mistakes and learn on the job. I want the elements of his game properly looked at and some talented former midfeild players to work on bits with him. Hoddel, Mickey Hazard, guys who can just give him little heads up on how you can use space see a forward pass practice volleyed passes. On the plus side he has had some time with Yaya Toure for example but it's important we don't simply let him work out his use in the position for Ange. It was the thing that worried me about Conte's system needs and the development of Oliver Skipp.
Good point. Would love Modric to do his swansong season with us and look after Sarr

Back
Top Bottom