Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was just thinking that we have such a load of youngsters coming up in every line, that we could use some seasoned and experienced pro's, that could help mentoring the youth, but also to steady the ship in moments of turmoil. I mean I love the players we have, but I'd like to see more of a strong leaders whose word would matter and who everyone would listen to with awe.

Obviously Modric was one I thought of. And I am absolutely sure he would be able to kick ass in EPL too. Even at 38. Surely, he would not start majority of the games anymore. But he'd be still massive addition.

Thought having recently just read his biography, I am more than convinced he will not come back to Spurs. Even though he was reasonably respectful, there was 0 feelings involved the part where he described era of playing for us. It was just a stepping stone for him throughout. Not a home, but a stepping stone.

Though what he repeated number of times was his desire to return to Croatia after being done with Real. And that's what I think he will do. I personally do not believe he would go to Saudis or US. He seems to be a man who loves his family and his country a lot. With 12 years in one of the biggest club in the world, he has earned lot more than he or his family could spend. So why go after more?

But coming back to Sarr - option to have someone like Luka next to him, getting tips and ideas would be absolutely phenomenal opportunity, of course.

He was good until the 1st goal, and then dropped off (maybe tired?). Had no connection whatsoever with Bissouma and Maddison, but considering how shocking they were I think that's more on them than on Sarr.

He’s just showed that he’s human and had an off day today. Knowing him, I’d think he will have a much better output in his next game/s. He’s a young lad with a great mentality.

Didn’t look fit today, we know he’s been struggling with a back injury and it showed. Off the ball he was non-existent except for that one good pressure in their box.

Hopefully he recovers before the next game, without his energy our midfield is so weak.

His poor performance today is all on Levy.
Should have sold him at half time.

Profit before glory.

Didn’t look fit today, we know he’s been struggling with a back injury and it showed. Off the ball he was non-existent except for that one good pressure in their box.

Hopefully he recovers before the next game, without his energy our midfield is so weak.
I don’t know how you can play football at this level with any back injury. It must affect everything you do.

I’d rather he wasn’t played until whatever back issue he has is fixed. Clubs never seem to see it that way though.

Back
Top Bottom