Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love this kid. I got a bit giddy when we were linked with him when he was at Bruge (no idea how serious those links were). Didn't work out for him at Milan but without watching a second of him play at Atalanta this season the talk is he's having another great season (playing the way he did at Bruge) there.

I think he was (I have to talk in the past tense as I say I've only seen him while at Bruge, in fact, he was the reason why I chose to watch some of their games) a very Ange-type player, almost a box to box player that mainly plays as a 10. Would provide great cover for Madders, technically gifted enough to drop deep into the 6 pivot to collect the ball off 'Keeper and CB's as Madders does (want to see more of this as it provides variation other than being predictable for the oppo to anticipate and close down Biss and/or Bentancur - 2nd half vs Brighton we were better and Bentancur was better because Madders was dropping into that pivot which caused Brighton some issues).

Palace are getting very close to the drop zone & I don't give them much of a chance against the Chavs . I don't understand why they are clinging on to Hodgson who's best before date has long since passed.

Palace are getting very close to the drop zone & I don't give them much of a chance against the Chavs . I don't understand why they are clinging on to Hodgson who's best before date has long since passed.
He should never have accepted the appointment in the first place. Nor should it have been offered.....

I love this kid. I got a bit giddy when we were linked with him when he was at Bruge (no idea how serious those links were). Didn't work out for him at Milan but without watching a second of him play at Atalanta this season the talk is he's having another great season (playing the way he did at Bruge) there.

I think he was (I have to talk in the past tense as I say I've only seen him while at Bruge, in fact, he was the reason why I chose to watch some of their games) a very Ange-type player, almost a box to box player that mainly plays as a 10. Would provide great cover for Madders, technically gifted enough to drop deep into the 6 pivot to collect the ball off 'Keeper and CB's as Madders does (want to see more of this as it provides variation other than being predictable for the oppo to anticipate and close down Biss and/or Bentancur - 2nd half vs Brighton we were better and Bentancur was better because Madders was dropping into that pivot which caused Brighton some issues).
Think he's been playing upfront for Atalanta but obviously not as a typical 9. Looks like a good prospect tbh.

He should never have accepted the appointment in the first place. Nor should it have been offered.....
Hodgson is one of the best defensive coaches of the last 50 years, half a century career, during which he won nothing.
But he sorts out small teams and makes them competitive.
Clubs like palace have figured out, or at least aspire to the idea that now, championship clubs are soo poor that they will just yoyo in and out of the PL and clubs like palace have to do nothing to stay in besides learn to defend corners and beat the 3 and hope for the best with the rest.

Hodgson is one of the best defensive coaches of the last 50 years, half a century career, during which he won nothing.
But he sorts out small teams and makes them competitive.
Clubs like palace have figured out, or at least aspire to the idea that now, championship clubs are soo poor that they will just yoyo in and out of the PL and clubs like palace have to do nothing to stay in besides learn to defend corners and beat the 3 and hope for the best with the rest.
Always liked him but I don't think he's on the same page as most other PL coaches. It gets tougher as we grow older and it's easy to get left a bit behind which I think is happening at Palace.

GGKIcxSW4AAefGC

v

GGKIJHCWIAA_6kJ

Switch on Sky Sports and they are sitting there in the Chelsea Palace preview talking about fucking Klopp and Liverpool.

So relentlessly tiresome.

Back
Top Bottom