Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But the potential rivals are not on an equal footing. Before today's game started, Villa were 1 point behind us, Man Utd were 9.
Yeah it’s more of a guess as I think Villa will fall away which they are doing spectacularly & United will improve which they have been doing. If in doubt 2 points is better than 3. But yeah, if you are worried about Villa then I can understand wanting United to win. I just don’t rate them as highly as others.

Thanks for posting.

I'm less confident about PL getting an extra CL place though after reading the article which says in effect we are currently in 3rd place in that race (with only top 2 leagues getting an extra CL place) and its difficult to see that changing in next few rounds/months.

The quote :

The Premier League is in third place after two teams failed in the Champions League. It makes it much harder to make the top two now.

Also, the Premier League has no teams in the knockout playoff round, so it is certain to be in a worse position after February's games as other leagues pick up wins and bonus points.
yeh looks less likely thanks to Newcastle and United being utterly shite in the champions league (although I think both Liverpool and Villa could win their respective competitions).

So the result today was probably a good one.

Why is it that United get 6 points behind us and we have to listen to total weapons like Roy Keane telling everyone we will shit our pants that the mighty Man Utd are chasing us.
But conversely we are only five behind Woolwich yet they are in a title race and we aren't?
I'm not saying we are in a title race btw I don't think we are good enough personally, but I'm a bit sick of the total lack of respect we get from the wankers at Sky.
Because us winning the title would be a much bigger shock than if United made up 6 points to scrape 4th ahead of us. They aren’t really comparable.

Why is it that United get 6 points behind us and we have to listen to total weapons like Roy Keane telling everyone we will shit our pants that the mighty Man Utd are chasing us.
But conversely we are only five behind Woolwich yet they are in a title race and we aren't?
I'm not saying we are in a title race btw I don't think we are good enough personally, but I'm a bit sick of the total lack of respect we get from the wankers at Sky.

They’re all on there saying we wanted villa to win. Fucking idiots. That makes no sense at all. We are looking up, not down. We are 5 points off city ffs. They are just trying to create a narrative that isn’t there. It’s not the 90s.

Thanks for posting.

I'm less confident about PL getting an extra CL place though after reading the article which says in effect we are currently in 3rd place in that race (with only top 2 leagues getting an extra CL place) and its difficult to see that changing in next few rounds/months.

The quote :

The Premier League is in third place after two teams failed in the Champions League. It makes it much harder to make the top two now.

Also, the Premier League has no teams in the knockout playoff round, so it is certain to be in a worse position after February's games as other leagues pick up wins and bonus points.
Yeah but don’t forget Woolwich & city have easy ties so will get to the quarter finals at least which will make a big difference.

Sky going with George Boeteng and Danny Shittu, who seems to be the Paul Merson of the hour, in the studio, whilst the BBC have gone Kolo Touré and Nedum Onuoha, who I think is quite good at analysing as he, and here's a first, makes an effort. BBC though, unfortunately, have Jenas presenting. Sky have a female who I don't know.

Because us winning the title would be a much bigger shock than if United made up 6 points to scrape 4th ahead of us. They aren’t really comparable.

Evidently you don't understand the diff. between being in a title "race" and being expected to win it.

Yeah hopefully saliba to Madrid type thing. Only problem now is can they out-pay Woolwich. Most of Europe are poorer than the top teams over here. Also if city get punished badly then that’s them out the running.
Harder than you think. If Goons could spend 105 on Rice, I think they would turn down 100m for players they deem essential.

Cant remember the last time one of the Spanish giants strong armed a PL club for one of its top players. Hazard and Coutinho maybe, but much has changed in the 5 years that has passed since then. Th PL has gotten strong relative to La Liga.

We should be looking at the best players in other leagues and targeting them. De Ligt at Bayern seems on the outer. I think we are owed a massive signing. Liverpool were willing to bid 110m for Caicedo, which seemed a bit reckless. But Surely there is a player attainable who would be worth pushing 100m for.

Is it safe to come out yet...?

...or are Sky still wanking themselves blind over the idea of the Arse winning the league and Man Utd finishing in the Top 4?

Back
Top Bottom