Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ange should certainly have the players more concerned with chasing down those above us.

We still have all 3 to play for a chance to move 3 points closer. The mentality should be to remain the hunters chasing our prey, not acting like the hunted.
Yeah we definitely need to be looking up the table the aim should be higher than 4th.

Both Villa and Manure are beneath us. Unless we have another desperately unlucky period, we've got 4th.

...But I'm not un-clenching until it's mathematically impossible to oust us.

Im Not No Way GIF

Yeah we definitely need to be looking up the table the aim should be higher than 4th.

This. We need to be consistent and concentrate on trying to get past the scum now (although I didn’t realise they a 5 points ahead). I’m sure we will have some more ups and downs but after watching us yesterday we have a lot of room to grow into this season.

Last edited:
We can't change other teams results - so look on bright side :

Spurs stay 4th a point ahead of Villa

Spurs 6 points ahead of ManU with 14 games to go . We just need to continue to win at the rate we have been doing this season (ie getting an average of about 2 points a game) and we'll be fine - ManU will not be able to average 2.5 points a game which they'd need to exceed to finish ahead of us.

So, no surprise, we just need to finish this season strongly

Merson speaks like a moron suffering a permanent stroke. He really shouldn't be broadcasting - his opinions are what they are but he simply cannot put a sentence together.

He’s on now giggling at whatever Roy Keane says!

I didn’t realise Roy liked us?

Why is it that United get 6 points behind us and we have to listen to total weapons like Roy Keane telling everyone we will shit our pants that the mighty Man Utd are chasing us.
But conversely we are only five behind Woolwich yet they are in a title race and we aren't?
I'm not saying we are in a title race btw I don't think we are good enough personally, but I'm a bit sick of the total lack of respect we get from the wankers at Sky.

interesting read about how 5th place CL qualification is currently looking.

Thanks for posting.

I'm less confident about PL getting an extra CL place though after reading the article which says in effect we are currently in 3rd place in that race (with only top 2 leagues getting an extra CL place) and its difficult to see that changing in next few rounds/months.

The quote :

The Premier League is in third place after two teams failed in the Champions League. It makes it much harder to make the top two now.

Also, the Premier League has no teams in the knockout playoff round, so it is certain to be in a worse position after February's games as other leagues pick up wins and bonus points.

Back
Top Bottom