Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, this definitely isn't new.

Vs. Liverpool:
GF6oGhPaoAEifh5

Vs. Wolves:
GF6oG90a4AAQRNn

6 months in and they're so terribly coached that it's quite funny.

I mean it's either that or their £200,000,000+ midfield are purposefully ignoring their coach's instructions or simply cannot play football.

All of which could be correct.

I think it’s just terrible buys. Caicedo was at Brighton there to break up play and nothing else, Enzo was a typical World Cup buy.

Chelsea spent £300m on Enzo, Caicedo and Mudryk. £300m for players the same level as Hojbjerg, Skipp and Bryan Gil.

I think it’s just terrible buys. Caicedo was at Brighton there to break up play and nothing else, Enzo was a typical World Cup buy.

Chelsea spent £300m on Enzo, Caicedo and Mudryk. £300m for players the same level as Hojbjerg, Skipp and Bryan Gil.

Enzo and Caicedo aren't brain dead human beings though are they, surely?

Surely there is instruction that as people they can understand? They are part of a 1% of people (Probably less than that tbh) who have made it to the very very top of football. One, a World Cup winner.

Enzo and Caicedo aren't brain dead human beings though are they, surely?

Surely there is instruction that as people they can understand? They are part of a 1% of people (Probably less than that tbh) who have made it to the very very top of football. One, a World Cup winner.

Argentina are not exactly the best team to use for measurement. They often have players like Messi or Maradona then also players who are very mediocre to supplement.

Caicedo at Brighton was identical to what we had with Wilson Palacios, hard worker but limited on the ball. Enzo so far has been a player with flashes of talent mixed with utter gash.

They aren’t shit, just reasonable premier league level players like Skipp. For £100m you might expect a bit more.

Argentina are not exactly the best team to use for measurement. They often have players like Messi or Maradona then also players who are very mediocre to supplement.

Caicedo at Brighton was identical to what we had with Wilson Palacios, hard worker but limited on the ball. Enzo so far has been a player with flashes of talent mixed with utter gash.

They aren’t shit, just reasonable premier league level players like Skipp.

I understand that.

But I still refuse to believe that a better coach couldn't tell his midfield two to get closer together and for them to understand what he's saying and do so.

There are worse players in worse teams in England and across Europe that are showing to be more competent footballers and I find it hard to put the blame too much on solely the players.

A few of Chelsea's problems could be sorted by simply having the midfield play closer together. We saw it against Villa in the week

Maybe towards the end, I remember him leaving Winks isolated in the 6 as he tried to change him into some uber deep lying playmaker

Yeah, I agree that it was maybe closer to the end but I remember that we were just giving up acres of space through the middle of the pitch.

I understand that.

But I still refuse to believe that a better coach couldn't tell his midfield two to get closer together and for them to understand what he's saying and do so.

There are worse players in worse teams in England and across Europe that are showing to be more competent footballers and I find it hard to put the blame too much on solely the players.

A few of Chelsea's problems could be sorted by simply having the midfield play closer together. We saw it against Villa in the week

Probably just a case of players and manager not fitting. With us he had Dembele, at Saints he had Schederlin and Waynama. He obviously likes the rest of his players to sit forward to overload which puts his middle two under pressure to dominate a lot of space. Enzo and Caicedo just ain’t at the level for that way of doing things. He probably needs to compromise.

Back
Top Bottom