Next Seasons Kit Sponsor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AIA Or HP ?

• Total voters
Last week Singapore Spurs visited the Lane ahead of Sundays game, no problem with this. BUT check out the fucking RED Spurs scarf one of their dude's is wearing!!!!! Tell me that doesn't get you worried just a little bit.

Red is a neurotically lucky colour for Asians, I'm sure they think it's luckier to wear a little red than to hate the main colour of our local rival's shirt? Certainly doesn't warrant disrespect.

After all, Woolwich have red white and blue on their shirts, I mean I 'get' why you're anti-red, but it's a little unhealthy to knock a fan's (or actually, a whole continent's) superstitions over it

Last edited:
Red is a neurotically lucky number for Asians, I'm sure they think it's luckier to wear a little red than to hate the main colour of our local rival's shirt? Certainly doesn't warrant disrespect.

After all, Woolwich have red white and blue on their shirts, I mean I 'get' why you're anti-red, but it's a little unhealthy to knock a fan's (or actually, a whole continent's) superstitions over it
Absollute BOLLOCKS mate. They should respect our club and traditions, or support a club that wares red. I am very familiar with the importance of the colour red in Asia (I spent 5yrs working in HK, SG and KL) whilst important it does NOT warrant changing our colours. BTW why do you associate my post as disrespectful?

Red is a neurotically lucky number for Asians, I'm sure they think it's luckier to wear a little red than to hate the main colour of our local rival's shirt? Certainly doesn't warrant disrespect.

#NeverRed

Absollute BOLLOCKS mate. They should respect our club and traditions, or support a club that wares red. I am very familiar with the importance of the colour red in Asia (I spent 5yrs working in HK, SG and KL) whilst important it does NOT warrant changing our colours. BTW why do you associate my post as disrespectful?

You're knocking a guy just because the underside of a scarf he's wearing is red, but regardless it is probably very lucky to him.

It's especially a bit shitty to question his integrity over it, should there be a ban on asian fans? or should they expect to choose culture over which team they support. Not exactly logical..

Never see anyone knocking the following players:

Bale
Defoe
Friedel
Lloris
Walker
Adebayor

etc... (the list goes on).

They all play/played for the club wearing red (boots or gloves) and aren't Asian...

Last week Singapore Spurs visited the Lane ahead of Sundays game, no problem with this. BUT check out the fucking RED Spurs scarf one of their dude's is wearing!!!!! Tell me that doesn't get you worried just a little bit.
Tbf if he's from Singapore Spurs, the national colours of the Singapore flag are red and white. Probably more to do with that. Still, NEVER RED.

I have to disagree. This is the Vincent Tan attitude that has lead to such controversial management at Cardiff (and matey boy at Hull).

"My pencil case is pink and I want my club's shirt to match - like it or lump it".

It's traditional here to be able to kiss your girlfriend in public. Do it in Saudi Arabia and your lips will be cut off and shoved up your arse.

We have traditions as a club, and in my view, him wearing a red scarf is a slap in the face to that. The fact that he isn't bothered shows what little he knows about the club, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom