Next Seasons Kit Sponsor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AIA Or HP ?

• Total voters
I KNOW WHAT LEVY SOUNDS LIKE!

One second into the video, I started singing, 'THIS BED IS ON FIRE WITH PASSION AND LOVE'.

Edit: I can't decide if it's "passionate love" or "passion and love". Either way, the video opens with the same chords (C and C/F?).

Last edited:
fucking hell. the red logo on the shirt i could just about forgive but look at the banner on stage at 1:19. If that's the shape of things to come then levy et al really have lost it.

Also from 0:40 you can see artistic impressions of two massive red panels on the jumbotron.

I suppose our club ambassador will have to change his name next to Redley King

(and no that wasn't supposed to sound racist against Chinese people)

I wouldn't worry about all the red folks, it's some shit but I think it has everything to do with the press release. Don't think it'll be any more than on the kit and maybe around the stadium. That having been said, I'm all for some serious boycott/protesting if it does go beyond it.

I wouldn't worry about all the red folks, it's some shit but I think it has everything to do with the press release. Don't think it'll be any more than on the kit and maybe around the stadium. That having been said, I'm all for some serious boycott/protesting if it does go beyond it.

As a well traveled wholesaler of Peru & Colombia's finest exports, I would just like to say that I would worry about the colour Red as it signifies joy and good fortune for Chinese people. Considering AIA is a Hong Kong based company, it is unlikely they would change their brand colour but considering their relatively insignificant investment in the bigger scheme of things, it's unlikely to go the way of Cardiff but we could see more red appear somewhere.
look at the banner on stage at 1:19. If that's the shape of things to come then levy et al really have lost it.

Also from 0:40 you can see artistic impressions of two massive red panels on the jumbotron.

White is one color that you must avoid for anything festive or celebratory (and that includes product launches). Be afraid, be very afraid...

Last edited:
Considering AIA is a Hong Kong based company, it is unlikely they would change their brand colour but considering their relatively insignificant investment in the bigger scheme of things, it's unlikely to go the way of Cardiff but we could see more red appear somewhere.
I was talking to a guy from AIA at the event thing on Saturday, and this subject was broached. Specifically, "why not put your logo in blue on the home shirts, eh? Eh?"
He said "we asked Tottenham if they would change their brand colours". We sort of chuckled politely. Fun times.
Actually, he was a perfectly nice guy.

Pace Vincent Tan, Chinese people don't care about the colour red all that much, in this case it's just AIA's thing like it was Thompson's.

So...much...red

:vdvcry:

Call me a crusty old scrote but red on a Tottenham shirt looks plain wrong and disgusting. The odd dot of red (like the Autonomy logo) isn't too bad but this is Thompson logo levels of disgusting.

As for the massive red AIA ad-boards that will no doubt litter White Hart Lane...this just makes me retch even more.

I will cherish my Prem home kit from this season...looks like the last one we will see without a drop of red. Pure, clean, Spurs.

IIRC it was a red logo on the away shirt and a white logo on the third shirt. Can't remember if we've worn the away shirt in a cup tie this season? Presume not.

I don't think we've worn the away in a cup, I think you're referring to the press release last August with Soldado standing in the away with red letters. I like to think it was just for the announcement, and that both club and sponsor saw it for the eye sore it truly was regardless of #neverred opinions, and it'll be black if we do wear the aways. But yes, away to Tromso we did wear the thirds with the white logo.

white is not bad
Tottenham-Hotspur-2862640.png

So my ladyfriend, who is Chinese, has jokingly stated that a Hong Kong company planting an undesirable logo on a British club's shirt is ironic karma. Even as a joke, I found it an amusing point.

I KNOW WHAT LEVY SOUNDS LIKE!

One second into the video, I started singing, 'THIS BED IS ON FIRE WITH PASSION AND LOVE'.

Edit: I can't decide if it's "passionate love" or "passion and love". Either way, the video opens with the same chords (C and C/F?).
I thought it was the start of matchbox 20s, '3am'.

Back
Top Bottom