Next Seasons Kit Sponsor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AIA Or HP ?

• Total voters
Dont Soccer Teams have sponsors on their shirts too ?
Yeah and baseball.

Look, the Yankees are sponsored by New York:

New%20York%20Yankees%20jerseys.jpg

They're going to be 'red' in colour because it is an asian colour and red is the "lucky" colour is asia (see also Cardiff City uproar).

Personally, I'm really less concerned with details like the colour of our sponsor's name. Should we boycott the national flag also, as it has red in that too?

When we successfully win the title year upon year until it gets boring, then I might we concerned about things like that tbh. Like has been mentioned, we had Thomson and Mansion for years in Red - used to it by now.

1) Saw the plethora of new pages in this thread and was anxious to see if there was new information released about the new sponsor. Have now wasted a solid chunk of time.

Yes and no.

Basically, despite having a red sponsor for the last 12 years in one form or another, and perhaps 'red' on the kit for maybe 17 years (badge), a happy little singaporean fan happened to have a scarf that had red on the wrong side, thus starting an ironic debate about how we should never wear red.

Unless it's general clothing
Or it's on the actual official shirt
Or on one of our players
Or in a patriotic way (flags)

Then, as is normal, the USA waded into the conflict late, dropped a few bombs on Asia and claimed to be the winner.

:troll:

We should all chip in a few quid and get YID spelt in big fucking blue letters on the kit.

Fuckers.

:levywhoa:
surely between us fans we could start a Kickstarter campaign or something, to raise 12 million quid or however much is needed, to take to Levy and say "hi we are the Yids and we'd like to sponsor tottenham hotspur for a year. 10 quid here, 50 there. our richer, well known fans can chuck in a grand maybe.
We can even tap into the asian market!

Red is a neurotically lucky number for Asians, I'm sure they think it's luckier to wear a little red than to hate the main colour of our local rival's shirt? Certainly doesn't warrant disrespect.

After all, Woolwich have red white and blue on their shirts, I mean I 'get' why you're anti-red, but it's a little unhealthy to knock a fan's (or actually, a whole continent's) superstitions over it

#NeverRed

Red is a neurotically lucky number for Asians, I'm sure they think it's luckier to wear a little red than to hate the main colour of our local rival's shirt? Certainly doesn't warrant disrespect.

After all, Woolwich have red white and blue on their shirts, I mean I 'get' why you're anti-red, but it's a little unhealthy to knock a fan's (or actually, a whole continent's) superstitions over it
I have to disagree. This is the Vincent Tan attitude that has lead to such controversial management at Cardiff (and matey boy at Hull).

"My pencil case is pink and I want my club's shirt to match - like it or lump it".

It's traditional here to be able to kiss your girlfriend in public. Do it in Saudi Arabia and your lips will be cut off and shoved up your arse.

We have traditions as a club, and in my view, him wearing a red scarf is a slap in the face to that. The fact that he isn't bothered shows what little he knows about the club, in my opinion.

I genuinely didn't know he 'opted out' of wearing red boots. Nor did I know they could specify, just assumed they get allocated and that's that. I know they have them personalised, but didn't think they had a colour chart to choose from. Fuck me World Cup 2010 when they all had silver and orange!! Drove me nuts...

But more to the point, the scarf is Spurs merchandise (albeit maybe knock-off), boots aren't. If Spurs did sell boots, I'd bet my bottom dollar none of them would be red.

I don't think he's an undercover Gooner trying to take the piss out of us. But I don't think he should be representing Singapore's Spurs fanbase by wearing a red scarf.

I don't know that he did opt out, but for a high profile footballer he seemed to chose blue boots over red, meaning he would be more than likely to be doing so much choice (not necessarily aligned to any anti-red vibe, but it means that either way it's likely they have a choice).

I know the scarf is knock off, but not everyone has the funds or access to buy official THFC scarfs, so it's unfair for people to have a go at him.

I mean, on topic of the thread, why is one guy's scarf such an issue when the team wear and have worn red in recent history: (including the old logo as per the Thomson shirt)

spurshome125.jpg
82339.jpg

We've even had lots of red this season!

red-card-offense-Fotolia_12465277_Subscription_XL-45x45.jpg

I have to say it, apart from the gripes about the sponsors logo, this years home shirt was fucking great, almost perfect (yeah back and shoulder stripes, im looking at you. and then tutting.)
It'll be years before we see such a corking shirt again

Back
Top Bottom