Next Seasons Kit Sponsor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AIA Or HP ?

• Total voters
I have to disagree. This is the Vincent Tan attitude that has lead to such controversial management at Cardiff (and matey boy at Hull).

"My pencil case is pink and I want my club's shirt to match - like it or lump it".

It's traditional here to be able to kiss your girlfriend in public. Do it in Saudi Arabia and your lips will be cut off and shoved up your arse.

We have traditions as a club, and in my view, him wearing a red scarf is a slap in the face to that. The fact that he isn't bothered shows what little he knows about the club, in my opinion.

For what it's worth, I'm also Asian and would never wear red to the Lane, but I think some of the reactions here may be being a bit extreme. CJJ does make a valid point about Spurs players wearing red boots. I don't like that either, but I don't think the players are doing it out of ignorance or spite.

I have to disagree. This is the Vincent Tan attitude that has lead to such controversial management at Cardiff (and matey boy at Hull).

"My pencil case is pink and I want my club's shirt to match - like it or lump it".

It's traditional here to be able to kiss your girlfriend in public. Do it in Saudi Arabia and your lips will be cut off and shoved up your arse.

We have traditions as a club, and in my view, him wearing a red scarf is a slap in the face to that. The fact that he isn't bothered shows what little he knows about the club, in my opinion.

This exactly.

If you really want to wear red in your own time go ahead, but to go to WHL wearing red clothing shows real ignorance.

Both. Should have done Singapore with a translator though. Japan was fun. I would go back just to revisit the Suntory distillery.

Glad that you liked Japan, though I find it odd that you'd need a translator in Singapore. Back to your sweeping statement up top, you should then appreciate the big difference between, say, Bangkok and Singapore or Tokyo when it comes to knock-offs.

Red is a neurotically lucky colour for Asians, I'm sure they think it's luckier to wear a little red than to hate the main colour of our local rival's shirt? Certainly doesn't warrant disrespect.

After all, Woolwich have red white and blue on their shirts, I mean I 'get' why you're anti-red, but it's a little unhealthy to knock a fan's (or actually, a whole continent's) superstitions over it

I thought you're supposed to 'make your own luck'??

Also, the comparison with Woolwich is kinda redundant, as they've always had white (sleeves) on their shirts... they've NEVER had a problem with that colour...
we on the other hand (apart from that away kit aberration in the '20s ...oh, and the lions on the badge during the late '80s/early '90s) have NEVER had red as part of our actual main kit colour... THAT'S why we have the problem with it, and the Arse can gloat about how petty WE are all they like, 'cos they've never had the same quandary to deal with!

...anyway, who says we're changing to red??

The funniest thing about Allam at Hull, is that he seems to have a problem with the word 'City', as it "is common and lousy" ...and yet doesn't seem to have the same opinion about the name 'HULL' which, to anyone who has been there is as common and lousy as you can get!
(OK not strictly true... parts of it are lovely, picturesque and quaint as a chocolate box!!!)

You're knocking a guy just because the underside of a scarf he's wearing is red, but regardless it is probably very lucky to him.

It's especially a bit shitty to question his integrity over it, should there be a ban on asian fans? or should they expect to choose culture over which team they support. Not exactly logical..

Never see anyone knocking the following players:

Bale
Defoe
Friedel
Lloris
Walker
Adebayor

etc... (the list goes on).
Wow, what a strange post. I will not bother responding to the players you list as I absolutely can't see how they have anything to do with people wearing red Spurs scarfs.
They all play/played for the club wearing red (boots or gloves) and aren't Asian...
What are you on about?
Please read my post again, nothing disrespectful in it at all. But to clarify if it is deemed disrespectful I absolutely and without any problems COULD NOT GIVE A SHIT.
You're knocking a guy just because the underside of a scarf he's wearing is red, but regardless it is probably very lucky to him.

It's especially a bit shitty to question his integrity over it, should there be a ban on asian fans? or should they expect to choose culture over which team they support. Not exactly logical..

Bale
Defoe
Friedel
Lloris
Walker
Adebayor

They all play/played for the club wearing red (boots or gloves) and aren't Asian...

Bale
Defoe
Friedel
Lloris
Walker
Adebayor

I find your post odd from a Spurs fan but fine each to their own. If you think my post as "shitty" and "disrespectful" by calling a fan out for wearing a red Spurs scarf then you will not like what I have to say next.

This is Tottenham Hotspur FC, we play in White & Blue. Our rivals play in red which makes the significance of red to a Tottenham Hotspur fan even more important. Red to a Spurs fan is the anti-crist of colours. Just like national flags or Military standards the colour of the team you support means EVERYTHING to the follower. The colours of my football club are as important to me as my National Flag. You may not share the same imotion as I regarding our colours but it is our history, our heritage and is at the epicentre of what it is to be a Spurs fan, it is our identity.

SPURS FANS DO NOT WEAR RED, EVER. There is no exception to this. The guy wearing the scarf is a dick for wearing it. If he feels it necessary to wear red he can choose a club that has red as their colours. I am the one that has been disrespected by him, I am the one that is offended by his actions not the other way around.

As for your comments about the players…………not even worthy of a response.

So why not attack 80% of our players who wear red.

That's my point.

Plus, the 'anti-red' of Spurs is hardly a law or rule, any supporter from Asia would look at the crowd and you often see people wearing red. Players wear red. Seems stupid to slag a fan off from a culture that at least had an excuse (if it were at all intentional)

Should they attack this girl or her father who dressed her?
115918632_spurs_352232c.jpg

Should supporter's clubs know better than to use flags with red on?
Tottenham-Fans.jpg

It just seems completely unfair for one guy to be attacked whilst many others are hardly blinked at

What are you on about?
Please read my post again, nothing disrespectful in it at all. But to clarify if it is deemed disrespectful I absolutely and without any problems COULD NOT GIVE A SHIT.

I find your post odd from a Spurs fan but fine each to their own. If you think my post as "shitty" and "disrespectful" by calling a fan out for wearing a red Spurs scarf then you will not like what I have to say next.

This is Tottenham Hotspur FC, we play in White & Blue. Our rivals play in red which makes the significance of red to a Tottenham Hotspur fan even more important. Red to a Spurs fan is the anti-crist of colours. Just like national flags or Military standards the colour of the team you support means EVERYTHING to the follower. The colours of my football club are as important to me as my National Flag. You may not share the same imotion as I regarding our colours but it is our history, our heritage and is at the epicentre of what it is to be a Spurs fan, it is our identity.

SPURS FANS DO NOT WEAR RED, EVER. There is no exception to this. The guy wearing the scarf is a dick for wearing it. If he feels it necessary to wear red he can choose a club that has red as their colours. I am the one that has been disrespected by him, I am the one that is offended by his actions not the other way around.

As for your comments about the players…………not even worthy of a response.

Any chance of point out where I was even referring to your post? It was a general comment that's often aimed at fans of the club.

Many seem to have a "if you're not hardcore you're not allowed to be a fan/visit WHL/wear a shirt" point of view which I find bizarre. I think it's great that people for far and wide support the club and I applaud them for their commitment in travelling so far to do so, I'm not going to vilify (which some do) them for something as daft as this.

Should we have security strip search home fans for any red on their clothing before entering?

Glad that you liked Japan, though I find it odd that you'd need a translator in Singapore. Back to your sweeping statement up top, you should then appreciate the big difference between, say, Bangkok and Singapore or Tokyo when it comes to knock-offs.

Dude...whats your point? There are knock offs in every major city...are you still on my knock against Asia? Yea, I stand by it...Japan may be the only exception on the basis that they are (used school girl pantie vending machines aside) a professional and progressive society. The rest...I just admire the food.

Any chance of point out where I was even referring to your post? It was a general comment that's often aimed at fans of the club.

Many seem to have a "if you're not hardcore you're not allowed to be a fan/visit WHL/wear a shirt" point of view which I find bizarre. I think it's great that people for far and wide support the club and I applaud them for their commitment in travelling so far to do so, I'm not going to vilify (which some do) them for something as daft as this.

Should we have security strip search home fans for any red on their clothing before entering?
They guy was wearing a RED SPURS SCARF mate!!!!!! Not a coat, jumper a RED SPURS SCARF!!! There is NO excuse.

They guy was wearing a RED SPURS SCARF mate!!!!!! Not a coat, jumper a RED SPURS SCARF!!! There is NO excuse.

It's a Blue spurs scarf that is red on the back. Not a red scarf at all.

If it were a red scarf the logo and writing would be back to front

Dude...whats your point? There are knock offs in every major city...are you still on my knock against Asia? Yea, I stand by it...Japan may be the only exception on the basis that they are (used school girl pantie vending machines aside) a professional and progressive society. The rest...I just admire the food.

Yes, I don't agree with your knock against Asia, just like how you'd probably stand up for the US should anyone here make silly, sweeping generalisations about your country. And Japan the only professional and progressive society in Asia? As an Asian but someone who spent 9 years studying in the US, I'm just glad there are many millions of other Americans that aren't as misinformed about Asia as you are.

For what it's worth, I'm also Asian and would never wear red to the Lane, but I think some of the reactions here may be being a bit extreme. CJJ does make a valid point about Spurs players wearing red boots. I don't like that either, but I don't think the players are doing it out of ignorance or spite.
Players are told what boots to wear by their sponsors. Why do you think so many wear the same pair?

It's a Blue spurs scarf that is red on the back. Not a red scarf at all.

If it were a red scarf the logo and writing would be back to front
I can recommend a couple of good optitions for you. I find your possition on this odd. But you are entitled to your opinion. I can see no point debating this with you if you see no red on his scarf.

Yes, I don't agree with your knock against Asia, just like how you'd probably stand up for the US should anyone here make silly, sweeping generalisations about your country. And Japan the only professional and progressive society in Asia? As an Asian but someone who spent 9 years studying in the US, I'm just glad there are many millions of other Americans that aren't as misinformed about Asia as you are.

Then you should know how far superior the US is to all of Asia.

Players are told what boots to wear by their sponsors. Why do you think so many wear the same pair?

I don't think Adidas made Becks have his kids named sewn into his boots, nor do I think they make any other players wear particular coloured boots. They would sponsor them to wear particular variations of the boots they make, but they would be allowed to choose the colour.

Case in point is Van der Vaart - understood the rivalry and, to my knowledge, is one of the only ones who never wore red boots for spurs.

Back
Top Bottom