New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any pictures of progress on the roof? Not seen any for a while.
image.php

image.php

Looks like they have put a special glass panel on the East stand roof...could it be someone's new home?
cockerel.jpg
I'd like to see that but would be surprised as that whole stand is dedicated to NFL. If there is a Stand that is prime location it would have to be the South Stand, given that is also where the Sky Walk things goes too, give the walk a focal point and it literally hangs over the whole ground. You can see it's already taking shape, looks the perfect platform.

I’m really hoping the people I sit near at the new stadium aren’t total fuckwits.

Got really lucky this season. Decent people around us.

Seeing comments on twitter similar to “wouldn’t have renewed if we got Europa League” makes me realise how many new ST holders won’t really appreciate what we have right now.

We weren’t always anywhere near being this good......... and even now people are still pretty unhappy!

Railway improvements in Tottenham area

The Lee Valley Rail Programme includes:
  • Building 5.5km of new track to enable two more trains per hour to run between Stratford and the new Meridian Water station.
  • Building a new station south of the existing Angel Road station to serve the new Meridian Water development.
  • Making improvements at Tottenham Hale station including new platforms, lifts and a new accessible footbridge.
  • Upgrading Northumberland Park station, including building an additional platform and new step-free footbridge.
  • Refurbishing or replacing several bridges, upgrading signals, installing power cables and additional overhead power lines from Stratford to Angel Road stations.
Video of Northumberland Park footbridge installation (May 2018) on the link will not copy in to the site, but is worth a view !

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/our-routes/anglia/lee-valley-rail-programme/

Not the most dramatic of news but a decent one to discuss..

I have heard from a friend today (who I trust with this particular news) that the beers served at the main concourse bars at New WHL will be Amstel, Heineken, London Pride and a 4th tbc (which will be Budweiser for FA Cup games), and there will be separate places around the ground selling the beer that is brewed on site.

A decent selection for a football ground IMO, if true of course.

I have heard from a friend today (who I trust with this particular news) that the beers served at the main concourse bars at New WHL will be Amstel, Heineken, London Pride and a 4th tbc (which will be Budweiser for FA Cup games), and there will be separate places around the ground selling the beer that is brewed on site.

Not a beer fan, but that sounds like great news. Here's hoping for some decent cider...

Paid for my season ticket yesterday, my credit card winced when I made the transaction! Anyway, now it's becoming real. Thank goodness only one more game to go at Wembley. Keeping everything crossed for a smooth transition to our new home.

Be nice if they do a Lane brewed IPA, although a fan of Amstel and Heineken so even that would be a result.

Counting down the days now. Hoping it opens in September.... gives them approx 100 days to get it ready.

And let’s me get back from holiday! :allitongue:

It’s funny, part way through the season I was really enjoying going to Wembley. For the past month or so, I’m absolutely fed up of the place. It’s already sadly tired and outdated for a modern stadium. The GA areas are shocking. The sight lines are crap. For a dedicated football stadium, it’s awful. The local area is gash too. I don’t think we’ve been made to feel welcome at all, despite all the extra money we’re bringing to the local economy. I can’t wait to be back in Tottenham in a - hopefully - rocking and intimidating WHL.

Back
Top Bottom