New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given they're going on about the ground staying open after games, showing a late KO on screens in the concourses etc, the beer choice needs to be good, otherwise that will fall flat on its arse.

Can't be too expensive either if they want fans hanging about after the game.

I shuddered when I got 10 pence back from a tenner for two pints of Carlsberg at the Newcastle game.

£4.95 for a Carlsberg. God knows what they're gonna charge for an Amstel or Heineken!!

I shuddered when I got 10 pence back from a tenner for two pints of Carlsberg at the Newcastle game.

£4.95 for a Carlsberg. God knows what they're gonna charge for an Amstel or Heineken!!

Far as I know pricing at Wembley is set by the stadium. So maybe, just maybe, it won't be THAT bad at NWHL.

It’s funny, part way through the season I was really enjoying going to Wembley. For the past month or so, I’m absolutely fed up of the place. It’s already sadly tired and outdated for a modern stadium. The GA areas are shocking. The sight lines are crap. For a dedicated football stadium, it’s awful. The local area is gash too. I don’t think we’ve been made to feel welcome at all, despite all the extra money we’re bringing to the local economy. I can’t wait to be back in Tottenham in a - hopefully - rocking and intimidating WHL.

I've been shocked at how tired and poorly designed Wembley is, I've been there maybe 10 times before this season but having 20-odd games in 9 months there really has shown me how fucked the FA where when they spent 750milliom on it 10 years ago.

I will be surprised if its under £6 a pint, all the artist impressions have it priced at £6 and there's little chance that gets put in there without the club saying so.

Paid for my ST yesterday too. Starting to feel real now. Can’t wait for Sunday but I think that’s partly so I can get Wembley over and done with and be fully excited to get to the new WHL. Hopefully we sign off with a bang.

I've been shocked at how tired and poorly designed Wembley is, I've been there maybe 10 times before this season but having 20-odd games in 9 months there really has shown me how fucked the FA where when they spent 750milliom on it 10 years ago.

I will be surprised if its under £6 a pint, all the artist impressions have it priced at £6 and there's little chance that gets put in there without the club saying so.
I think that’s it. 20+ games really brings home what a tired state it is in.

... and they’ve still not paid it off. It’s a shambles. The hospitality and Club areas are OK, but they’re miles behind what we’ll have at WHL. All of that money spent on the stadium, all of that income, but still not making anything near a profit with a huge debt on it. Shambles.

Spurs have said goodbye to Wembley! No home games there ever again! We’re back in Tottenham! We’re back in Tottenham! We’re back in WHL!

It's why Woolwich are having to spend bucket loads on upgrades ... when you build a stadium by committee with one eye always on cost, you end up with the best that money can buy from 10 years before ... always taking the 'safe' and 'proven' option .... it's fair to say DL hasn't done that, by all accounts this is a DL project, and with feckin' skywalks, US rugby, a single tier, breweries, cheese rooms, and fingers crossed good value beer sounds like he's done OK ... you could even say he's acted like a 'fan' as well as a boss ....

No doubt there will be some issues, but you can already tell it's going to be better than the emptycrates and a million miles ahead of Wembley ....

Not the most dramatic of news but a decent one to discuss..

I have heard from a friend today (who I trust with this particular news) that the beers served at the main concourse bars at New WHL will be Amstel, Heineken, London Pride and a 4th tbc (which will be Budweiser for FA Cup games), and there will be separate places around the ground selling the beer that is brewed on site.

A decent selection for a football ground IMO, if true of course.

No Guinness. That's racist.

Be nice if they do a Lane brewed IPA, although a fan of Amstel and Heineken so even that would be a result.

Counting down the days now. Hoping it opens in September.... gives them approx 100 days to get it ready.

And let’s me get back from holiday! :allitongue:
Agree with a lame brewed IPA, would be a nice touch. Quite happy with Amstel, Heineken and London Pride but can't stand that bland piss that is Budweiser:harryhmm:

Whilst I understand they are not a charity and the ground needs to be paid for,they really need to think the prices through if they want people to remain an hour or so after the game has finished.
That's the point. If they serve decent beer at an acceptable price e.g £4.50-£4.80 that would be fine, especially with seating etc to watch the late game, soccer saturday and so on. I've also seen the artist impressions and seen £6 as the pint price and that just becomes a point of principle then.

Whilst I understand they are not a charity and the ground needs to be paid for,they really need to think the prices through if they want people to remain an hour or so after the game has finished.

The idea of staying behind and watching another game whilst drinking good beer with other Spurs fans really appeals to me.

But I agree, if it's £6 a pint they can fuck off. It may only be another few quid over the whole session, but as mentioned below ... it's a principle thing.

if they served Hooegaarden or leffe, I would be happy at 6 a pint. they were a fiver a pint 10 years ago
with the advantage that they are actual beer, not bloody lollywater

Afternoon All.
ST renewed for Block 501 - the credit card has just taken the pounding of it's life. Seems worth it for a seat alongside the South stand and not an 1882 - result as I was phase 8 and did not think I would get anywhere near it. Anyone else up in 501
.:gazza:

Back
Top Bottom