New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder how long it will take to ‘adjust’ to the new stadium...

I dunno, but I got a feeling they'll pick up where they left off at the end of last season. If we can get the new place rocking, no reason we can't go unbeaten @home straight from the off.
I think it will take longer than people expect, and hope the fans stay supportive even if we don't start well. I don't have computer access right now so the only article I could quickly find is a little dated, but it makes the point well. The idea of home fans nattering is overstated, with home advantage being much more about familiarity with your surroundings than the noise of the crowd. Players have even talked before about how things like recognising features of the stadium can help with their position (e.g. a fall back at WHL realising where their default defensive position should be relative to one of the East stand pillars). I'd expect home form to more closely resemble this season's than last, particularly with some frustrating games early on against park the bus sides, and take maybe 1.5 - 2 years to reach its maximum potential.

The advantages of playing at home

I think it will take longer than people expect, and hope the fans stay supportive even if we don't start well. I don't have computer access right now so the only article I could quickly find is a little dated, but it makes the point well. The idea of home fans nattering is overstated, with home advantage being much more about familiarity with your surroundings than the noise of the crowd. Players have even talked before about how things like recognising features of the stadium can help with their position (e.g. a fall back at WHL realising where their default defensive position should be relative to one of the East stand pillars). I'd expect home form to more closely resemble this season's than last, particularly with some frustrating games early on against park the bus sides, and take maybe 1.5 - 2 years to reach its maximum potential.

The advantages of playing at home
We’ve only lost 2 games at Wembley in the League this season, not exactly shit.

wembley

giphy-downsized-large.gif

clinching top 4 made it feel like the last game of the season, but just remembered we have one more game at home. However, the message still remains...
You got a funny for the 'edit' alone! That made me chuckle as I was thinking exactly the same.

Think as well as we have finished so many recent seasons away from home I was just expecting the same again.

Would love to know if Juve did anything special when they moved into their new stadium. fogueres fogueres did you lot do anything, or where you simply the best team and carried on doing what you normally do?

A beautiful ceremony was made with the great of the past (and of the present):

Bettega ,Buffon, Cabrini ,Capello, Conte , Davids , Di Livio Ferrara, Montero Pessotto,Ravanelli,Sentimenti IV, Torricelli , Zoff, Lippi , Platini ecc

Finally friendly with the Notts County, finished 1-1.
The choice is curious. If I'm not mistaken, everything comes from the sweaters. In 1903 Juventus bought the black and white stripes shirts (initially they were pink) from Notts County (Nottingham?). Even today their fans sing "It's just like watching Juve".

Juventus Stadium has record numbers: as points won (victories) and also as economic revenues.

That's why I told you when it was important for you access to the CL: it can be a breakthrough for the next step

A beautiful ceremony was made with the great of the past (and of the present):

Bettega ,Buffon, Cabrini ,Capello, Conte , Davids , Di Livio Ferrara, Montero Pessotto,Ravanelli,Sentimenti IV, Torricelli , Zoff, Lippi , Platini ecc

Finally friendly with the Notts County, finished 1-1.
The choice is curious. If I'm not mistaken, everything comes from the sweaters. In 1903 Juventus bought the black and white stripes shirts (initially they were pink) from Notts County (Nottingham?). Even today their fans sing "It's just like watching Juve".

Juventus Stadium has record numbers: as points won (victories) and also as economic revenues.

That's why I told you when it was important for you access to the CL: it can be a breakthrough for the next step

that show was even worthy of a World Cup opening day.

Last edited:
Roll on next season, back to familiar routines, overground from Liverpool Street if it's drinking, getting the pre match buzz as we pull past seven sisters, this time with a bigger ground, parking in the estate behind where the gilpin if it's a mid week game and walking down the high road with the coach and horses and brickies on the way.......catching up with mates in a familiar pub or Irish centre.....only a football club could make me nostalgic for a deprived part of London!

Requirement: Prove you're not using recreational drugs...
Because of that guy who posted a video when he was high?

Probably nervous that if one of the guys who is high, falls, then the site gets closed by H & S for a few weeks whilst they investigate the 'safe working' practices' of the site.....and maybe good bye to an August/September working ?

Roll on next season, back to familiar routines, overground from Liverpool Street if it's drinking, getting the pre match buzz as we pull past seven sisters, this time with a bigger ground, parking in the estate behind where the gilpin if it's a mid week game and walking down the high road with the coach and horses and brickies on the way.......catching up with mates in a familiar pub or Irish centre.....only a football club could make me nostalgic for a deprived part of London!

We’ve only lost 2 games at Wembley in the League this season, not exactly shit.
Oh yeah far from, we've done impressively well in the circumstances. We'll probably end the season as the 5th best home team and 3rd best away team. Just had a few too many draws against weaker sides in the first half of the season. But I'd expect it to be 4th or 5th again next year rather than good enough for a title challenge.

Been thinking about "The Tottenham Experience" being built next to the club shop.

I anticipate it will get off to a slow start, then get really good around the middle, before disappointingly falling away at the end. Internet forums will be full of people arguing how good it was, and what you would of settled for before you went in.

Oh yeah far from, we've done impressively well in the circumstances. We'll probably end the season as the 5th best home team and 3rd best away team. Just had a few too many draws against weaker sides in the first half of the season. But I'd expect it to be 4th or 5th again next year rather than good enough for a title challenge.

We just played 37 games away and still finished in the top 4. With our new home with 62k I expect us to do, as well as, if not better next season.

Been thinking about "The Tottenham Experience" being built next to the club shop.

I anticipate it will get off to a slow start, then get really good around the middle, before disappointingly falling away at the end. Internet forums will be full of people arguing how good it was, and what you would of settled for before you went in.

Reminds me of a book I got on Stockholm's Syndrome, I hated it at the start but in the end I really loved it...

Back
Top Bottom