New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember before when they rebuilt a stand. The atmosphere was not the same and our Home record suffered. The same will happen again although our away record is better than it was in those days.

All the talk now is that the Lane may be partially demolished this summer to speed up construction of the new stadium.
Elaborate please. What does this mean. We move out this summer ? I can't see ENIC operating at reduced capacity for a season either. No one else reporting anything significant as of yet...

Isn't being a Woolwich fan a mental illness all on its own. If you happen to go over to sky scraper city I strongly encourage you to look at the Spammers page for the OS and if you enjoy delusional dippers they have one of the largest gatherings possible on their Anfield page.

All the talk now is that the Lane may be partially demolished this summer to speed up construction of the new stadium.

Noooooooo
I need to go to WHL at least once before it gets knocked down

Please say this isn't so. I am actively planning a trip to WHL approx. Jan to March 2017. Near the end but presumably not so close to the end of the season as to be an impossible ticket. Logistically I don't think I can get there much sooner than that, so that would suck.

It would also rob WHL of a proper farewell season.

AttachmentShowServlet

nicked off skyscraper but a good indication of whats happening

I use this site for anything stadium related...
LONDON - New White Hart Lane (61,461) - SkyscraperCity
It's pretty much all they have been talking about the past few weeks.
Hmm, I think I'll leave it to you to repost anything interesting from there... I had a look and gave up within about a minute - far too much talk about piling caps, reusable columns, beam shuttering, sheet piling, soil conditions, roof trusses etc for my liking!

True. Anyone who isn't Belgian has no right to set foot in the place or even support this team.

I obviously said it very much tongue in cheek. Even as a Danish, I totally get where Joe is coming from. I won't claim to be more or less of a fan than anyone else, but despite my non-English origin, I understand the history, know the songs, and will sing with the best of them. I've been 50+ over my 20something years as a fan, and I too feel the atmosphere getting worse (or at least less intense) in recent years.

On a non-football forum, a bloke was asking for advice on where to take his dad to a match of football to get the best atmosphere. Loads of responses where talking and complaining about the atmosphere not being that good anymore because of tourists. Those answers to a question of where to go as a football tourist deserves a fucking spot under irony in the dictionary.

One of my gripes with football tourists and probably some younger fans in general, is the constant need to have the bloody I phone at the ready.

Team scores a goal and rather than celebrate it, they just stand there recording it!!! It looks embarrassing and I question why are they doing this? Probably for brownie points so they show off in the online world......quite pathetic.

One of my gripes with football tourists and probably some younger fans in general, is the constant need to have the bloody I phone at the ready.

Team scores a goal and rather than celebrate it, they just stand there recording it!!! It looks embarrassing and I question why are they doing this? Probably for brownie points so they show off in the online world......quite pathetic.

senior-woman-living-in-moment-no-smartphone-celebrities-movie-premiere-black-mass-5.jpg

I'm guessing, you're her age then :llorisunsure:

I obviously said it very much tongue in cheek. Even as a Danish, I totally get where Joe is coming from. I won't claim to be more or less of a fan than anyone else, but despite my non-English origin, I understand the history, know the songs, and will sing with the best of them. I've been 50+ over my 20something years as a fan, and I too feel the atmosphere getting worse (or at least less intense) in recent years.

On a non-football forum, a bloke was asking for advice on where to take his dad to a match of football to get the best atmosphere. Loads of responses where talking and complaining about the atmosphere not being that good anymore because of tourists. Those answers to a question of where to go as a football tourist deserves a fucking spot under irony in the dictionary.
Someone who asks which ground to visit for good atmosphere is a football tourist. A Spurs supporter who feels compelled to make a trip across the globe to attend a match at WHL before it is torn down forever is not a football tourist.

Hmm, I think I'll leave it to you to repost anything interesting from there... I had a look and gave up within about a minute - far too much talk about piling caps, reusable columns, beam shuttering, sheet piling, soil conditions, roof trusses etc for my liking!
Yeah, they get excited by stuff like this...
iMLBEtw.jpg

...which is apparently a surveyor's marker corresponding to where they have to demolish to...or not.

Back
Top Bottom