New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You'll find we are one of only a few clubs in the premiership that have more fans apply for tickets than is available for home matches. Rarely you'll find a seat empty at the lane that hasn't been paid for. We'll fill those seats especially if we can secure a few seasons in the Champions League! With all the extra revenue from the new PL TV deal, the stadium when complete and all the other tournaments we play in it should leave us very cash happy in a couple of seasons. You'll find the atmosphere will be there when we all have something to cheer about! What with the second coming of Bale only a season and a half away when Real can sell players again! Just in time to play in a brand new shiny stadium. Bale and Kane equals us winning everything! I for one can't wait! :levyeyes:

You're prob right mate, I hope so. Personally I dropped my membership last summer and have found loads of availability on general sale. Having said that I'm now a member again...

People seem to have forgotten that Wembly has restrictions on the number of events it can stage. No way can Spurs and Chelsea share. Local residents will fight any attempt to increase number of events staged

People seem to have forgotten that Wembly has restrictions on the number of events it can stage. No way can Spurs and Chelsea share. Local residents will fight any attempt to increase number of events staged
No we haven't...the restriction doesn't apply if the capacity is capped at 50,000, more than enough.

Are Chelsea in a position to share though? The media seem to be Lumped in. With us but are they any nearer the starting their project than they were 6 months ago?
YES I know money talks but time doesn't wait

Would be good if this was ever pointed out

Are Chelsea in a position to share though? The media seem to be Lumped in. With us but are they any nearer the starting their project than they were 6 months ago?
YES I know money talks but time doesn't wait

Would be good if this was ever pointed out
You are right Gaz. The problem however is there would be no story for the press to write. The story that gets written is about "rival clubs ground sharing", not the logistics and build dates as that is quite boring and doesn't generate the clicks like a good old rival debate.

5UK9GGD.jpg

Think Boris's "legal reasons" refers to the ongoing appeals about releasing the details of the Olympic Stadium deal? Could that be holding up the announcement?
The legal reasons are that he can't say anything publicly that would appear to show bias towards the project. All he is supposed to be considering is his duties as mayor to respect the law and the way that the project fits into the legal scheme. He is using legal matters to ensure that no one can come back and claim he was biased.

No we haven't...the restriction doesn't apply if the capacity is capped at 50,000, more than enough.

Alternatively Daniel Levy should walk into an FA meeting, grab a mic, ask them whether they think they will need more cooperation from Spurs or Chelsea releasing players for England games over the next 10 years, drop the mic, and leave the room.
That should settle it.

Don't the heratige committee still have time to appeal? Surely he can't give the go ahead until that time has lapsed for legal reasons

I don't think the delay has anything to with the ground-sharing issue.
More likely that the the current scheme (approved by Haringey) has no provision for 'affordable housing'.
I'm still at a loss to understand why a football club should be responsible for providing that.
Does our new stadium threaten to decrease the population of N17?

What's the word on that training ground add on?

Where players would sleep before games etc? Can't seem to find it in the forum. I know we asked for planning permission and some people objected on the grounds that a green football pitch would ruin the green grass....

I don't think the delay has anything to with the ground-sharing issue.
More likely that the the current scheme (approved by Haringey) has no provision for 'affordable housing'.
I'm still at a loss to understand why a football club should be responsible for providing that.
Does our new stadium threaten to decrease the population of N17?

Because Politicians aren't half as enthusiastic as they seem about regenerating poor areas and they'd rather third party sources pay for it instead, so they can take credit for it.

"Look Tottenham, we built you some flats which you can't afford to live in, and by we I mean a business we have no links with".

Because Politicians aren't half as enthusiastic as they seem about regenerating poor areas and they'd rather third party sources pay for it instead, so they can take credit for it.

"Look Tottenham, we built you some flats which you can't afford to live in, and by we I mean a business we have no links with".
You may be right JC...Boris needs to tread the middle path and avoid veering either left or right...still, good practice before he transfers to mainstream politics!!!
I still find it odd that a redevelopment of a football stadium could cause so much agro...I come from the old school of economics...create jobs=create demand.

Back
Top Bottom