New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, the Emirates isn't really that bad. I went to see Springsteen there (as someone else mentioned to me earlier today that they had done by coincidence) and if you block out the disgusting connection and the red, it really is a fine stadium. Vastly better than most others in the league. The scum fans have it good......but then that just shows you how far Levy & Co are taking us if they are doing it one better.

I saw Springsteen there too, had to take that god of a man to get me in there, I still miss Clarence

Its nice knowing ours will yes be one better

People acting like we've built it already. Quite funny to see what a few fancy renderings can do to the masses. EXACTLY the same thing happened in 2008, not to mention this is the same man who wanted to take us to Stratford and the subsequent bashing - amazing how short some memories are.

We still don't have approval - only major development is presumably the naming rights linked to the NFL.

People acting like we've built it already. Quite funny to see what a few fancy renderings can do to the masses. EXACTLY the same thing happened in 2008, not to mention this is the same man who wanted to take us to Stratford and the subsequent bashing - amazing how short some memories are.

We still don't have approval - only major development is presumably the naming rights linked to the NFL.
latest

From the stadium microsite -
  • Flexibility for the future – with sections of the seating bowl designed to accommodate areas of safe standing if the current licensing regulations change.

Safe standing in the new stadium potentially?! Fuck yes. :freundgoal:

Wait.... what is this about a climbing wall?

Extreme Sports

A fantastic new building to host Extreme Sports and leisure activities for all ages and a brilliant addition to the leisure offer in Tottenham.

The Extreme Sports Building sits on the eastern side of the Hotel and acts in partnership with the Tottenham Experience to form a new entrance plaza to the Stadium at the junction of the High Road and Park Lane. It will help attract visitors to Tottenham every day of the year and provide a thrilling day out for young and old alike.

Current proposals include:

• The tallest indoor climbing wall in the world – making Tottenham a destination for climbing enthusiasts and those with an adventurous spirit.
  • A second major leisure attraction – we are currently considering the inclusion of a scuba-diving tank.
  • High performance activities – for example speed, agility and reaction tests for all ages and abilities including strong links to the national curriculum.
  • An “Altitude Café” – set 38m above the public square and offering panoramic views.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/08/nfl-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-partnership

NFL, Tottenham Hotspur agree to 10-year stadium partnership

The National Football League and Premier League squad Tottenham Hotspur agreed to a 10-year partnership that will allow the NFL to play a minimum of two games each year at the team’s new stadium, Tottenham and the NFL announced."

fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck fuck, fuck off.

You're about 24 hours late to the party chap.

Plus this will help with the stadium costs. Even for someone like me who hates NFL I can see why its a good thing.

Mate, it's happening. The reason we were delayed for so long was legal reasons. I really can't see the council rejecting this except maybe the odd small thing. The plans are an improvement and are incredible. The extra touristy stuff on non match days is also huge for the area.

Especially with the NFL deal fixed in place from 2018 they will not want any further delays so it is full steam ahead now. We should name it The Stadium That Couldn't Slow Down.

Surely we can kill two birds with one stone by calling it The NorF London Stadium??!!
...only problem is the new Stadium's logo;
nfl_3d_logo_animation_by_syndikata_np-d7fppw9.gif

I guess we just have to get used to red now, don't we?

Back
Top Bottom