New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With us, Chelsea, West Ham getting new stadia and even Palace having something in the pipes it wont be long until the swamp is the oldest top flight ground in the capital, except it'll still be the most lacking in atmosphere.

Woolwich fans * bowl style stadium = bore fest.

Not necessarily. Loads of people want to "check in" on facebook and brag about where they are. I think the average number of facebook friends a person has is something like 150-300. Imagine even 1,000 people checking in, the amount of relatively free advertisement is huge.
True. Probably why Zuckerberg is now linked with us, but the real £'s hard core money is the growth of betting in particular spreads and in-play bets for football.
Basically any of our partners/advertisers will pay more money if given the opportunity to market to you/interact with you whilst you are in the stadium. Time for me to turn off the phone.

Dose of realism here.
I am so excited by this new stadium, but people thinking that once it's built we will suddenly be perennial title challengers need to prepare themselves for disappointment. Of course I hope it happens, but the new stadium only guarantees one thing - that it is a new stadium.

There will be a lot to get right on the pitch in order to be considered the top team in London.

Dose of realism here.
I am so excited by this new stadium, but people thinking that once it's built we will suddenly be perennial title challengers need to prepare themselves for disappointment. Of course I hope it happens, but the new stadium only guarantees one thing - that it is a new stadium.

There will be a lot to get right on the pitch in order to be considered the top team in London.
Nah mate - the new stadium can play right back!

Modern football media really is the pits isn't it. We've just announced a world class stadium with a lot to discuss about as well as the NFL deal which together should make us challengers again. Yet all I keep seeing from various outlets is "woolwich fans troll spurs over new stadium plans". Sorry, WHAT? How does that work. Jesus fucking wept.

At least the Standard, who are usually a chelsea fanzine these days, got it right.

Modern football media really is the pits isn't it. We've just announced a world class stadium with a lot to discuss about as well as the NFL deal which together should make us challengers again. Yet all I keep seeing from various outlets is "woolwich fans troll spurs over new stadium plans". Sorry, WHAT? How does that work. Jesus fucking wept.

At least the Standard, who are usually a chelsea fanzine these days, got it right.
Sky reporters didn't go to WHL from what I saw, they went to the scum stadium to interview them about it!!

Dose of realism here.

Haven't seen anyone say that. Not on this forum at least.

It does set us up in a better financial spot however, and it looks fab.

Sky reporters didn't go to WHL from what I saw, they went to the scum stadium to interview them about it!!

Really!

not watched the reports, so they ran a story about Spurs getting a new stadium and went to the Arse to get reaction?

'... jeer the manager'
You mean like:
595Wz8A.jpg
595Wz8A.jpg

Is this the erection section?
Alderweireld signed much to the chagrin of a club with an inflated opinion of itself.
61000 capacity. The biggest single stand in the country. The biggest indoor climbing wall in the world. Woolwich turning green with envy. If Heineken did Wednesday's...
It will probably all be a mad dream but what a happy day to be Spurs.

Is this the erection section?
Alderweireld signed much to the chagrin of a club with an inflated opinion of itself.
61000 capacity. The biggest single stand in the country. The biggest indoor climbing wall in the world. Woolwich turning green with envy. If Heineken did Wednesday's...
It will probably all be a mad dream but what a happy day to be Spurs.
Wait.... what is this about a climbing wall?

Back
Top Bottom