New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit different now though isn't it mate. All relevant authorities on board - thanks partly to the twitching finger of a SCO19 officer - all land acquired, work under way and deals signed etc.
There will probably be delays in the construction but there are not as many 'what if's' as then.
Anyway, this is one thing I want to see in my lifetime, and hopefully I am around to see us reaping the footballing benefits.
Anyway, the sooner the better surely mate. That way ENIC can sell up and someone in the City, Chav mould can buy Spurs then spend, spend, spend and fire us into title winning, CL regular stratosphere. Whilst at our present stadium it's just not going to happen.
It's hardly any different - we still need approval from Harringey

I think it should be a formality as the footprint to the stadium is identical.

However, if I look into my chrystal ball I think perhaps a potential delay might actually be the demolition of 3 of the 4 historical buildings. We had permission denied originally and therefore to get planning permission changed the design to incorporate them into the project. Now we appear to want to demolish them again.

How can you say hardly any different? One difference is work has started and we have all the land.
We didn't even have a CPO then.
Anyway why would the council suddenly pull the plug? Makes no sense.
Council leader Claire Kober is right behind the latest proposals, so is Lammy.
It benefits the Haringey area, and is vital. Even more so with the NFL.
It's not just a football stadium exclusively for THFC. It benefits local people, brings in visitors, creates jobs - so the rhetoric goes - and will have a health centre and already has a college. I think it's more community based than Woolwich's ever was.
It would take something out of the ordinary for Haringey to deny planning permission. Maybe they make object to a few minor details, like the team/Levy's helicopter pad, but it will go ahead.
We may even live up to our promises, unlike Woolwich who waffled to get there's confirmed.

Edit. But we are Spurs and there will probably be something that happens to delay construction. Nothing is plain sailing when it comes to us.
That's the disadvantage of not being an establishment club like Woolwich.
Everyone bent over backwards, and forwards to enable those cunts to build their pusedo community beneficial stadium

Last edited:
Seeing Toby's reaction makes me realize the timing of these released stadium plans early in the transfer window is excellent. This should actually be a good recruiting tool since these plans (and images) ooze "big club" to any player who might have thought otherwise.
The real selling point, which I hope club officials will verbally offer prospective players during negotiations, is that this is our potentiality backdoor into the elite. This development not only puts us on equal footing with Woolwich, but it slightly exceeds them. It also brings us far closer to being in touch with clubs like Man U, and it leapfrogs us over the likes of Liverpool in the short term. Quite simply this is not just about us being 5th or 6th and hoping to occasionally crack the top four. This will, in time, enable us to properly compete. On the pitch we may have gone backwards since the CL year. But not that much, and off the pitch we are growing stronger by the day.

pxqZEa3.jpg

*Forever in our shadow.

:levywhoa:
Woolwich are so insecure about us that I bet they increase their capacity right after ours is built. Can't be that hard to add another thousand seats to a large stadium.

Woolwich are so insecure about us that I bet they increase their capacity right after ours is built. Can't be that hard to add another thousand seats to a large stadium.
Hopefully if the stadium really is future-proof, we'll be able to incrementally increase capacity to 1up Woolwich every time they add a few more seats :thumbup:

The real selling point, which I hope club officials will verbally offer prospective players during negotiations, is that this is our potentiality backdoor into the elite. This development not only puts us on equal footing with Woolwich, but it slightly exceeds them. It also brings us far closer to being in touch with clubs like Man U, and it leapfrogs us over the likes of Liverpool in the short term. Quite simply this is not just about us being 5th or 6th and hoping to occasionally crack the top four. This will, in time, enable us to properly compete. On the pitch we may have gone backwards since the CL year. But not that much, and off the pitch we are growing stronger by the day.
Besides the gate revenue, and besides however many millions the NFL deal is worth, I can't even guess how much the naming rights will be worth for this iconic London structure, a media and attention grabbing, world's first NFL-PL super venue. The queue forms to the left, potential sponsors.

What a pathetically transparent desperation move that would be, but if so, they are welcome to join us in honoring our title winning season.

Can we set-up an auto filter to change "Kop" to "Bill Nicholson"

So when someone says "hey, that Kop end looks awesome"

It actually reads "hey, that Bill Nicholson end looks awesome"

Just dont mention Kop in relation to Liverpool cos then it'd get complicated, k thx bai.
:angryscouser:
"get yer own scouts........errr stands"

The reaction of Toby clearly shows how important it is to have a big stadium. You can't say we are a big club and have a little old stadium, top players want to be at top clubs, the best club stadium in London will get us better access to top players and help convince the top players we already have to stay.

I think there is only one real reason why wi-fi is available in a stadium

Not necessarily. Loads of people want to "check in" on facebook and brag about where they are. I think the average number of facebook friends a person has is something like 150-300. Imagine even 1,000 people checking in, the amount of relatively free advertisement is huge.

With us, Chelsea, West Ham getting new stadia and even Palace having something in the pipes it wont be long until the swamp is the oldest top flight ground in the capital, except it'll still be the most lacking in atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom