New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

p4-5%20new%20main%20image730.jpg

Beginning of the boundary of the new North Stand.

#Progress
i cant see how anyone would think that a stadium is planned for that stadium shaped building site...let alone a pitch in that pitch sized bit in the middle. its all a hoax, dammit

Have heard the NFL deal is signed - the pitch will be able to be flipped over 180 degrees.

The club have lots of other ideas geared towards making money as well, but the traditionalists aren't going to like them.

Talk that the Populous design is very similar to a design for a stadium they proposed for Brussels...
eTgVekV.jpg

xTXVVVa.jpg

Ylwh94s.jpg

No Kop as such, I guess it wouldn't be hard to convert that far end, but it does look rather nice.

AFAIK there has no been no major official change to the stadium design.

We had the 'car park' changes, but any substantial change of design or upping the current planned capacity (56 k or thereabouts IIRC) to 61 k, will probably require further planning permission. And, even if planning permission isn't required, one would expect the club to inform us anyway about any substantial changes, if they are made.

EDIT I've changed above from what it was formerly, as I expressed myself somewhat sloppily to say the least :)
Did you not get the fax mate? Daniel Levy sent one to me last week. Capacity increased mate. Just like that.

You must be off his Christmas card list.

Probably all that nonsensical chatter that spouts from your fingertips.

Did you not get the fax mate? Daniel Levy sent one to me last week. Capacity increased mate. Just like that.

You must be off his Christmas card list.

Probably all that nonsensical chatter that spouts from your fingertips.
greaves has blocked him. levy didnt agree with everything he said. all those posts on here from levy that he keeps missing

Since it's probably going to happen, how do you lot feel about sharing our stadium with the NFL?
Terrible

Nfl is not a sport. Can't think of anything worse than drug filled rinos charging around for 10 seconds at 10 minute intervals in our stadium. While a deranged crowds shout fuck yeah drinking bear and having more rights than us. It's appalling. But like all things I'll probably live with it, while tutting furiously.

Since it's probably going to happen, how do you lot feel about sharing our stadium with the NFL?

I won't be there to watch that shit so couldn't give a fuck what happens on the weekends when Spurs aren't playing there. If it helps the stadium be more affordable and the design for football, for us as fans, isn't affected then why should it bother us?

However, if it impacts on our performance etc. then it shouldn't happen. Not sure how it would though with the idea of a totally different pitch.

Think it's a clever move by Levy if it generates more revenue for us to compete under FFP rules.

Not sure what Team is being mention but by association with the NFL it could generate addition 'support' from American fans if we get more exposure and they associate us with their NFL team.

Got to hand it to Levy/ENIC. Like the double shirt sponsorship deal he did, this is a very innovative forward thinking move.

Not really fussed. If I really wanted to I could get my undercrackers in a twist but as mentioned above - if it has no effect on the pitch then I don't see it being a problem. If they fanny around with the stadium so the stands are further away from the pitch to accommodate the NFL matches that is a different kettle of fish.

Have heard the NFL deal is signed - the pitch will be able to be flipped over 180 degrees.

The club have lots of other ideas geared towards making money as well, but the traditionalists aren't going to like them.
How do they do the spin from an engineering point of view? Sounds like a fairly substantial task.

Then there is the issue of grass growing upside down in the dark, my watercress at school died that way.

Is the proposed capacity of this new stadium 56k or 61k. All of seen is a load of rumours suggesting one or the other. Why dont the club just tell us? After all, they`ve been talking about it for 15 years so far

Is the proposed capacity of this new stadium 56k or 61k. All of seen is a load of rumours suggesting one or the other. Why dont the club just tell us? After all, they`ve been talking about it for 15 years so far
So now you've realised that we are actually building one...you find something else to moan about.

Back
Top Bottom