New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Incidentally other sites have many useful aspects too. I just read on one site some fascinating, and for the NFL believers probably not good news. According to one poster TFL have said we're limited to just four non-footballing events a year at the new stadium.

Now IF true, that's another reason to convince me this idea of a full season(s) as the host of an NFL team is indeed so much fools' gold.

In a cavern, In a canyon,
Excavating for a mine,
Dwelt a miner forty-niner ....:)
But NFL is football...

Yeah, there's definitely something funny going on there.
Yrf2dp0.jpg

qkujVcw.jpg
Maybe we're going to double the length of the pitch to be more effective for the long ball football when we get Pulis in?

Ooh that new shape looks sexy. That, the kop, and 61k would just be....
:freundgoal::freundgoal::freundgoal:
Was thinking the same thing...
Hopefully they're trying to give the stands more defined 'corners', rather than going for a more rounded, soulless bowl shape *cough* Emirates *cough*.

I could be going insane, but does it look like there are some extra rows being squeezed in at the top of each stand? Wishful thinking perhaps.

Blueprints of Zenit's new stadium which has both a retractable pitch and roof
0_84d7f_52a17205_orig

Also, latest ITK:
PROF on COYS:

Another present for the COYS night shift. Off we go. This snippet is a mixture of information received over the last 12 hours from Galahad, Gabe, and several other sources, on both sides of the pond. The only point of difference between their snippets is whether DL has signed.

Deal signed by NFL and now sitting on DL's desk awaiting his autograph, for a subset of international NFL games to be played at THFC.
Wembley likely to continue hosting some of the international NFL games too.
Expected that next week's owner's meeting will approve this two site approach. Makes sense for the NFL to have options/leverage.

It is possible they owners won't green light this deal, or that DL will try something tricky that will cause the other side to lose confidence. In many ways DL is offering the most (stadium/facilities/marketing) in this deal, but also may have the most to lose (the financial benefit to THFC is large), so he is expected to play it straight, or at least as straight as he can in the circumstances (dealing with a behemoth like the NFL).

One thing about our situation that very much appeals to the NFL is the opportunity for a purpose-built stadium (pitch, facilities, etc). Wembley can't offer that (although they have the transport links) and this is an important selling point for many owners.
WHL will be a dual purpose stadium. Obviously our usage will be the lion's share, so we get the main pitch, which we won't share with the NFL. Instead, there will be a retractable pitch {see HSH forum for details and perhaps pictures - Prof} used for NFL games.

Based on precedent, expect on-site marketing to be tightly restricted; perhaps only Spurs, the new stadium sponsors and the NFL allowed to advertise.

Under the terms of the contract signed by DL this evening, financially it will be a good deal for us. Well played Danny.

A close up of the plans.
CE-FwPDWoAAQkAu.png:large

Notice the red outline showing where the old stadium and Paxton Road are and the fact that there are two phases marked, Phase 1 which they can get stuck into shortly and Phase 2 which will require the demolition of the Lane.

AFAIK there has no been no major official change to the stadium design.

We had the 'car park' changes, but any substantial change of design or upping the current planned capacity (56 k or thereabouts IIRC) to 61 k, will probably require further planning permission. And, even if planning permission isn't required, one would expect the club to inform us anyway about any substantial changes, if they are made.

EDIT I've changed above from what it was formerly, as I expressed myself somewhat sloppily to say the least :)

Last edited:
On various other forums the ITK drums seem to be hitting a consistent beat ... N.F.L... U.S.A ...

However, (as I have long suspected) it's not that in the foreseeable future we will be host to a regular NFL team season-long. The message ATM seems to be something like two or three games per season.

IF this is true, one wonders how cost-effective it will be, and indeed whether such an addition (with the 'two pitches' it seems to entail) is worthwhile.

We've been waiting an awful long time for a new stadium, will ENIC deliver one this decade?

We had the car park business, but any substantial change of design or upping the current planned capacity (56 k or thereabouts IIRC) to 61 k, will probably require further planning permission. And one would expect the club to inform us anyway, even if it didn't, about any substantial changes, if they are made.
What the fuck are you saying?

We had the car park business, but any substantial change of design or upping the current planned capacity (56 k or thereabouts IIRC) to 61 k, will probably require further planning permission. And one would expect the club to inform us anyway, even if it didn't, about any substantial changes, if they are made.
While we'd all deep down probably like to believe otherwise this ^ is almost certainly the reality of the situation.

Back
Top Bottom