Nathan Oduwa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bunch of pricks, football is really all about the fun and magic, he wasn't doing as an insult but as enjoyment and drama.

Just because some shit defender ain't got no skill and that Neymar thing was just pathetic. Why then not beat up Messi when goes round 5 players.

What the heck if football coming to nowadays?
You now get slammed for being confident and showing skills?!

I mean, a couple of months ago, a similar thing happened with Neymar. He did some trick (I think a flick too) in some competitive game, and then the bashing towards him was non-stop. I think he also got death threats or something.

Crazy and sad ... all of this. But I really hope that Oduwa doesn't get fazed or disheartened by all of this. If he keeps his head up and continues to work hard, this experience will do a world of good to him.

:adethumbup:

Looks like the manager has his back...

Bitter Scotts. Lad looks a really talent. Big, strong and can beat people. Bit raw but that's his age.

Would he really do less of a job in our first team now than Lamela for instance?

:levyeyes:

Obviously he needs game time so he is best served out on loan but if you compared him to Lamela would there be 30m worth of difference?

Bitter Scotts. Lad looks a really talent. Big, strong and can beat people. Bit raw but that's his age.

Would he really do less of a job in our first team now than Lamela for instance?

:levyeyes:

Obviously he needs game time so he is best served out on loan but if you compared him to Lamela would there be 30m worth of difference?
Well, one is a left wing/forward, one is a right-sided attacking midfielder. So, I think there'd probably be a bit of a difference.

I think Lamela was never worth 30 million, and we overpaid badly (we also didn't actually pay 30 million, but it doesn't matter). I think Oduwa could be a talent on par with him though, at the very least.

Fuck "respect". Respect is not kicking lumps out of people, sly fouls, cheating, disrupting play. How is trying a bit of skill "disrespectful"? If he can make oppo players look like mugs with his skills during a match, then that should be encouraged 100%. All he is doing is creating the kind of excitement that encourages fans to pay the entry price to games. As long as the end product is there & it doesn't turn into a street skills side show, then him expressing himself on the pitch shouldn't ever be frowned upon. It's more disrespectful to say if you keep doing that you'll end up getting clobbered. Gazza had the "entertainer" tag & provided joy to millions of fans with his tricks & ability. Don't try & knock it out of Oduwa. Fucking Scottish press.

Loved that audacious bit of skill.

Well, one is a left wing/forward, one is a right-sided attacking midfielder. So, I think there'd probably be a bit of a difference.

I think Lamela was never worth 30 million, and we overpaid badly (we also didn't actually pay 30 million, but it doesn't matter). I think Oduwa could be a talent on par with him though, at the very least.
How much did we really pay? Was it similar to Soldado's fee-plan?

Good on him hope he does that flick every week in the Scottish league.

And grows from the senseless kickings those idiots will give him, too.

Hope he carries on doing what he's doing. In about 5 days he could play at Ibrox in front of 50k fans, what an experience that would be particularly if he excites again.

Oh no I thought this was finally put to bed with Soldado leaving..

Disgustedcrabman.gif

He has been very lively since coming on for Rangers. I can see him becoming a real fan favourite at Rangers.

That rainbow flick had me like
abr.gif

Seriously I think guys like this should be given a chance at Spurs. If we are not going to get in players who are better than Lamela and Townsend, this guy is probably a risk we can afford taking as the rewards might be massive.

Very encouraging words from both the Alloa and Rangers manager too. Can't wait to see more of him, they play again Wednesday in the cup then a massive game against Hibs on Sunday which is more than likely going to be televised.

Yeah I agree. I wasn't implying he would play the same position as Lamela. Just drawing a comparison in terms of readiness / contribution.

Very encouraging words from both the Alloa and Rangers manager too. Can't wait to see more of him, they play again Wednesday in the cup then a massive game against Hibs on Sunday which is more than likely going to be televised.
Yeah it's on Sky, they usually have a load of games live on either Sky or BT.

The negativity towards what he did (from the press down here too I might add) is astounding!
Do we REALLY want to continue with this notion that British football is devoid of talent (hence we have to pay €30m+ADD-ONS to Roma for it) and yet when a young homegrown player DOES show some spark of flair and (dare I say Continental) imagination, he's getting threats from irate talentless journeyman footballers about "yer no do that agin ya hear me pal!?"

If we're so against it, then I suggest Soccer am scraps it's SHOWBOAT section, and that segment where each clubs' youth players show off their football streetdance Skillz in front of their mainly posturing arrogant looking pre-pubescent teammates...
'cos THAT'S WHATS PUTTING THESE FOOTBALL IDEAS INTO KIDS HEADS these days!

Careful what you wish for.

Amazing how this has been spun into a negative.

Astounding behaviour from the press.

Shocking way to treat a young lad starting out on his career. They should be ashamed. As should the Alloa defender.

Back
Top Bottom