Nathan Oduwa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure why he's not in our first team squad, he either scores of assists in every game he plays!

Maybe Poch etc think he needs a year of first team football somewhere...
Head injury ruled him out of Audi cup (can't play after being knocked out until at least a week or so passed) so lacked preparation for United.
Poch might still have plans for him.

He has been very lively since coming on for Rangers. I can see him becoming a real fan favourite at Rangers.

Last edited:
CMikh3WWsAAob0j.jpg

Was at the Gers v Alloa match today. For the benefit of WindyCOYS WindyCOYS and his youth/loan update: He came on around 60 minutes. The first 10-15 minutes he was constantly demanding the ball. Once he had it, he was like a wee magician. He went on about 4 or 5 runs, showing pace and skill each time, always with about 4/5 stepovers on each run.He helped set up a goal with a devastating run down the left hand side, leaving 4 Alloa players in his wake before setting up the goal. He showed some outrageous skill at times, mainly demonstrated in Totti Totti 's post above. There was also a fabulous dragback that he executed that left the defender for dead in another run (the alloa player needed a ticket to get back into the match). His willingness to get on the ball, skill, pace and aggression will make him a fan's favourite in no time. He looked delighted to have have set up another goal and was celebrating wildly with the fan's before it was chopped off.

I'm hoping he gets some game time on Wednesday at Ayr, and will provide another wee update if he does.

Sounds like a great first game. Very good clips.

Didn't pull off the rainbow flick but delighted to see he has the confidence to try it- players like that makes things happen. Always looking to score or create a goal. Loves taking on players. Audere est facere and whatnot.

Nearly every game I've heard of him playing in the last month or so he seems to be causing havoc- not an understatement either.

If he's coached well (which I'm sure he will be) and works hard on his development (seems a good lad from interviews) he can become quite a player. Especially once his body fills out more, he's already got this combination of tricks, pace and strength that is so awkward for defenders to cope with.

The Scottish media are painting the lad to be some showboating big time Charlie. Have a look at the back page of one of the national newspapers:

11870909_10155897495550175_6504099749168986734_n.jpg

Its an absolute joke, in this day and age, that a player gets vilified for showing a bit of skill and inventiveness.

I hope he tries it again for a laugh. If there was ever an indication of how down the pot modern football has gone, just look at that paper.

Brilliant. As much as I dislike the Old Firm clubs, the profile they have up there is brilliant for Oduwa. Already on the back pages there, and players saying they want to give him a clobbering. That's the sort of pressure that you can't recreate in the U21s league and the sort of pressure I would want young players to experience for their development.

What the heck if football coming to nowadays?
You now get slammed for being confident and showing skills?!

I mean, a couple of months ago, a similar thing happened with Neymar. He did some trick (I think a flick too) in some competitive game, and then the bashing towards him was non-stop. I think he also got death threats or something.

Crazy and sad ... all of this. But I really hope that Oduwa doesn't get fazed or disheartened by all of this. If he keeps his head up and continues to work hard, this experience will do a world of good to him.

:adethumbup:

Back
Top Bottom