Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes and what did he do after that?, A nice bit of trickery is our own half of the pitch while Palace have flooded the middle.

You do realise Modric, Xavi etc are world class players who have been playing at the top level for a while don't you?

For Bentaleb to make as many successful passes as he did whilst playing in the middle of the park in the premiership shows he has good movement to receive the ball in the first place, and the ability to find others. Ball retention must not be underrated, besides the pass map shows that his passes were most certainly not all backwards or completely sideways. Give him some time before you expect highlight reel lofted through balls man.

I was in the Park Lane when Marney scored against Everton, I'll never get too excited over a player who is just making his first strides as a pro.

Bentaleb is tidy and technically sound.

This is exactly fair. You can reserve judgement about a young player without feeling the need to pick apart every little bit of a 19 year old's game.

This is exactly fair. You can reserve judgement about a young player without feeling the need to pick apart every little bit of a 19 year old's game.

I think people only tend to do that to counter balance those getting carried away with him.

Personally Id like to see Paulinho/Capoue/Sandro/Holtby back ASAP and Bentaleb loaned out to a premiership club to continue developing on someone elses time.

I do not think he is good enough to oust any of the above yet, but I do think he is good enough to have the chance to develop further and stake a claim for next season.

If he is really good enough we can make some room in the squad with the summer merry-go-round.

I like the look of him, but I also liked the look of Marney, O'Hara and Livermore in their first few games, so its not fair to either slate or praise him too much at this point

I think people only tend to do that to counter balance those getting carried away with him.

Personally Id like to see Paulinho/Capoue/Sandro/Holtby back ASAP and Bentaleb loaned out to a premiership club to continue developing on someone elses time.

I do not think he is good enough to oust any of the above yet, but I do think he is good enough to have the chance to develop further and stake a claim for next season.

If he is really good enough we can make some room in the squad with the summer merry-go-round.

I like the look of him, but I also liked the look of Marney, O'Hara and Livermore in their first few games, so its not fair to either slate or praise him too much at this point

I would agree. He clearly has potential and get the man some regular Prem minutes via a loan.

Swansea would actually be a good fit for me and hopefully they have a few games left vs pool , united where Bentelab could kill two birds with one stone

I wasn't trying to slate the guy in my post, I was trying to say let's not get carried away labeling him as a wonderkid who is going to destroy the prem. As Lister said, we have seen this time and time again with players like O'Hara. Isn't he playing League 1 football now? :defoe:

I think the best option as many have said is to loan him out to a club that plays a high standard of passing football.

Well it's stupid quite frankly. I don't understand how we have spent years bitching about how poor our academy is and then when guys like Carroll, Bentaleb, Kane, and Townsend start to show some potential people feel the need to start acting like they are complete shit. We should be rooting harder for them than anyone as we can be much more flexible in the transfer market.

Unfortunately, look at Woolwich. They have produced very good players from their academy and who they bought cheap at a young age like Ramsey, Wilshire, Gibbs, etc. Thus, they are able to target 1 or 2 top notch expensive signings like Ozil who can fit in right away. Quite frankly, they would be able to do a lot more if Wenger wasn't such a stubborn twat.

If our academy does start producing legitimate players then we won't have to have a summer where we need to add seven players who need to adapt. It was good to get quality in this summer but having the many players come in has quite clearly adversely affected us.

Overall, we should really be hoping and praying our academy hits with a couple first teamers these next few years as it would put us in a much more flexible position going forward. Sandro and Paulinho will almost certainty replace Bentaleb when they are healthy but I think Holtby and Capoue have just as much to prove wearing lilywhite as Bentaleb does. Neither of them have put in a consistent run of form for us in their time here.

Im not sure what you are saying is stupid.

I like the look of Bentaleb, I think he deserves the chance to progress, I dont see how we can afford to offer him that so Id like to see him get a decent loan.

It worked for Rose, for Walker, arguably for Naughton, Caulker... Seems a tried and tested method for us

I like the look of Bentaleb, I think he deserves the chance to progress, I dont see how we can afford to offer him that so Id like to see him get a decent loan.

It worked for Rose, for Walker, arguably for Naughton, Caulker... Seems a tried and tested method for us

I'm sorry I didn't mean what you were saying was stupid I meant the tendency to slate a player just so you aren't let down later is stupid. I completely follow what you're saying in regards to a loan.

It certainly has worked well with Rose and Walker. However it is also very difficult to find a situation that fits well for a player. Most teams won't want to use a loan player unless they are significant better than what they have. I also don't think it is the worst thing for a player to not be playing every single game. There is a lot to be said for training with the first team and getting just a couple of games a month plus substitute appearances.

Now, I don't follow QPR so take my comments with a grain of salt but I'm not sure how well Carroll's loan has worked out. Sure, he's getting games but with all our injuries this year he most likely would have gotten a fair share of games here without breaking the continuity he has here.

Ultimately, we have a very difficult midfield situation to balance since we probably have too many of them. But then they keep getting hurt and it makes it difficult to judge. At full strength we have far too many CMs to get everyone one of them a fair number of games even if we were playing a three man midfield. It's an odd situation.

Bentaleb vs Palace:

That ball to Rose at 4:11 :vdvcry:

I think my favorite thing from watching that is how quickly he plays the ball. Never dawdles on it and always plays the ball first touch if available. Love seeing that from a young player, same thing I see in Tom Carroll. Playing quick and direct is an excellent skill to have developed at a young age.

I think my favorite thing from watching that is how quickly he plays the ball. Never dawdles on it and always plays the ball first touch if available. Love seeing that from a young player, same thing I see in Tom Carroll. Playing quick and direct is an excellent skill to have developed at a young age.
Agree! I hope we see the pair of them side by side in the Spurs Mfd next season!

Indeed, and people are already calling him a jack of all trades player :adestare:

He had a decent game but no way does he get in ahead of Dembele, Sandro or Paulinho when all fit. He gave the ball away alot towards the end of the game and a better team would have made us pay for it.
Couldn't have given it away that much. 93% of 106 passes completed.

You're a fuckin stat whore, a fantasy football manager, ea sports fan loving, fox sports watching inbred who's only opinions are those u regurgitate from what you've read or watched off of other pundits, blogs and forums. Go fuck yourself and your half sister, u pretender!
It amazes me that, even though we are on the internet, adults actually act like this. That is if, you are indeed an adult. Your abuse towards others suggests otherwise.

Is this the FA's blueprint for success now......just make sure they steal everyone else's players.....
That's how we do it in cricket, and that worked wonders!!

I rate the boy and given current injuries he should be in the squad, but I don't think him and Dembele in a flat 4 will work against better sides (as Woolwich showed us). Neither of them are ball winners, or particularly strong or tall. When we have the ball, and it's on the floor, no problem, but it doesn't bode well against the Stoke's, West Ham's etc of the league that pump it long all game. I see a lot of people yearning for Carroll's return - I see the same problem with him and Nabil, so presumably we'd need a formation change to fit them both in.

Loaning does seem to work well, Carrol, Pritchard, Kane have also benifited from it. I guess it depends on TS's view of his ability, there are some players who have such talent that they can force their way in early, Barkley at Everton or Adnan at Man United.

I was at the Palace game and he was our best player by some distance so I think if he keeps his head together whether we loan him or not he is going to be a really good player.

Once he's back and fit again, I think a Sandro-Bentaleb CM axis of steel could be the turning point of our season...
Paulinho & Dembele have got some serious competition there now for the 'who gets to play alongside Sandro' position!

...you'll see!

Once he's back and fit again, I think a Sandro-Bentaleb CM axis of steel could be the turning point of our season...
Paulinho & Dembele have got some serious competition there now for the 'who gets to play alongside Sandro' position!

...you'll see!
Paulinho has the Hollywood factor but it's wether he can remain consistent. For ts to have thrown bentaleb on against the arse shows how much he thinks of this guy and to be honest he did look class in both the arse and palace games, we are not short of good players young or old just have to make them a team, took city a few seasons after they spent shit loads so patience is key.

Just watched bentalebs highlights from the palace game. Was impressed, particularly that pass for rose.. If he can work on passing whilst facing goal and dribbling past a player he could be immense..he seems also to be a bit of a hothead though..

I see some similarities with another French Algerian...

http://imgur.com/Eu0vF3F

Back
Top Bottom