Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're being glossed over here. The lad has a bit of bite to him, as to plenty of our squad. The manager likes it and he clearly likes the player.

It didn't cost us the game, and was no wear near on the same level of intention as the two incidents I mentioned, so I don't know why he's getting so much grief for it. He's had no pre-season and a handful of games, give him a chance.

They weren't glossed over at the time on here or anywhere else. That was my only point.

Oh get over yourself!

Hmm.. not sure you know what this means. It's a knee jerk, and blaming the chairman based on zero knowledge of the situation doesn't have anything to do with anything else you said. Poch said he wanted a strong powerful midfield option a week or so before he signed, too.

Hmm.. not sure you know what this means. It's a knee jerk, and blaming the chairman based on zero knowledge of the situation doesn't have anything to do with anything else you said. Poch said he wanted a strong powerful midfield option a week or so before he signed, too.

Fair play to Levy for backing the manager, nonetheless it was a very unusual signing for our 'model'. The price reportedly doubled overnight, and since when have we been paying £30m for 27 year old squad players with questionable motivation? People have a right to comment on this no?

Last edited:
Limited player but at his best powerful, able to hold the ball up and drive forward. He kind of seems like a Waynama but higher up the pitch type signing but has not been consistent enough, sometimes looks useful other times you want to slap him. Useful squad player to add some power but probably not a starter.

Still we paid about a third of the price compared to what United paid for the other Sissoko called Paul Pogba.

Fair play to Levy for backing the manager, nonetheless it was a very unusual signing for our 'model'. The price reportedly doubled overnight, and since when have we been paying £30m for 27 year old squad players with questionable motivation? People have a right to comment on this no?
One thing that struck me about the transfer was the complete lack of fucks given by the usually fanatical barcodes. He had a great Euros for sure,but he was widely regarded as a lazy twat by Toon fans. Had he been such a treasure, they would have been up in arms at Ashley, who has a poor relationship with the fans at the best of times. As it happens they appeared happy at £30 million for him. Hope I'm wrong but this player has Adebayor syndrome written all over him.

Limited player but at his best powerful, able to hold the ball up and drive forward. He kind of seems like a Waynama but higher up the pitch type signing but has not been consistent enough, sometimes looks useful other times you want to slap him. Useful squad player to add some power but probably not a starter.

Still we paid about a third of the price compared to what United paid for the other Sissoko called Paul Pogba.
He is absolutely nothing like Wanyama.

One thing that struck me about the transfer was the complete lack of fucks given by the usually fanatical barcodes. He had a great Euros for sure,but he was widely regarded as a lazy twat by Toon fans. Had he been such a treasure, they would have been up in arms at Ashley, who has a poor relationship with the fans at the best of times. As it happens they appeared happy at £30 million for him. Hope I'm wrong but this player has Adebayor syndrome written all over him.

Their criticism of him was that he didn't try and when he went to play for France basically pleaded in the media for a transfer. He's not been all that good for us but you can't criticise him for lack of effort so far.

Their criticism of him was that he didn't try and when he went to play for France basically pleaded in the media for a transfer. He's not been all that good for us but you can't criticise him for lack of effort so far.
They were criticising him long before that, & his "come & get me" pleas to everyone - Wenger in particular. Any professional player who is regarded as someone who doesn't try by the selling clubs fans comes with a big warning in my humble opinion

Pretty sure Levy wouldn't have batter that much money in someone his age and history unless Poch really really wanted him. Don't we trust in Poch?

Let's maybe give Sissoko more than a few matches before saying he's fuck useless. Cant he get the four months folk normally get before being called shite?

Pretty sure Levy wouldn't have batter that much money in someone his age and history unless Poch really really wanted him. Don't we trust in Poch?

Let's maybe give Sissoko more than a few matches before saying he's fuck useless. Cant he get the four months folk normally get before being called shite?
Didn't like him before we signed him (that fucking dive for the penalty when we were chasing the game at 2-1 up at St James') wasn't impressed we blew £30 million on him & have seen nothing to justify a price tag a fraction of that obscene sum. I hope he uses his ban to get himself in order because he really hasn't looked up to much & came with a reputation as a lazy, moaning cheat.

Didn't like him before we signed him (that fucking dive for the penalty when we were chasing the game at 2-1 up at St James') wasn't impressed we blew £30 million on him & have seen nothing to justify a price tag a fraction of that obscene sum. I hope he uses his ban to get himself in order because he really hasn't looked up to much & came with a reputation as a lazy, moaning cheat.
I don't disagree, but Poch must see something there.

He should have started against Bournemouth instead of Lamela.
Someone strong, pacey and on the wing rather than someone cutting into their destroyers (Harry Artur) every time we got the ball.

As much as the elbow was a stupid decision, was nice to see someone put Artur in his place after some of the strong challenges he had been putting about. He lost his head after that moment and wasn't the same.

30m isn't that big of a deal these days, though. We're living in an era where Crystal Palace are shelling out 30 million on players.

His loss to the team is that he would have played tomorrow and now another member of the squad who possibly could have been rested will now play.

Nah.

Dier and Winks in CM.

GK needs mins in midfield and Eriksen/Lamela/Dele needs the minutes to find some solid form. Add Onomah into that mix...

Sissoko wouldn't have got a look in.

He should have started against Bournemouth instead of Lamela.
Someone strong, pacey and on the wing rather than someone cutting into their destroyers (Harry Artur) every time we got the ball.

As much as the elbow was a stupid decision, was nice to see someone put Artur in his place after some of the strong challenges he had been putting about. He lost his head after that moment and wasn't the same.
*Arter

I think some of the hypocrisy on this board is outstanding (and alarming). Say anything negative about Janssen's poor start to his spurs career and its either met with excuses (for the ones that actually want to debate) or straight up abuse.
Sissoko on the other hand is fair game (despite not even getting the amount of opportunities Janssen has got so far). Its not even constructive criticsm with some of the posts but its directed at Sissoko (a player that the majority didnt want in the firat place) so its cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom