Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmm.. not sure you know what this means. It's a knee jerk, and blaming the chairman based on zero knowledge of the situation doesn't have anything to do with anything else you said. Poch said he wanted a strong powerful midfield option a week or so before he signed, too.
well - that doesn't make you look arrogant and patronising at all.

To be clear - none of my comments about the guy relate to the Arter incident. My feeling for him as a footballer are based on what I have seen of him playing in the UK and for France (a fact that still mystifies me)

It is my opinion that he isn't all that good, and his purchase looks like a sop to the fans rather than for any real squad based reasons - and yes its based on nothing more than a hunch, I have no inner sanctum knowledge to draw on.

The club paid an inordinate amount of money for a a squad player, which makes no sense to me - look what we paid for Wanyama, who is a bona fide step up in the talent pool.

I'm not reacting to anything that has happened recently, therefore this is not a knee jerk reaction to any trigger or incident (and you say I don't understand the meaning of expressions used?) My only reaction to the elbowing incident is that its no loss to the team, and might give a genuine talent and prospect like Winks a gateway into the first team.

Get over yourself - try to accept that you do not hold some god given right to having the only valid opinion.

IMHO.

Its all to soon to judge?
He had an excellent Euros in the summer and showed his level. He will find that form for Spurs and l be a very good player for us. I can understand everyones judgement on him although he has hardly played. We all know its a squad game and he has been part of that. If Everton had got him, he would be playing regular and looking good. We would have probably wished we had signed him-lets give him space?

I think some of the hypocrisy on this board is outstanding (and alarming). Say anything negative about Janssen's poor start to his spurs career and its either met with excuses (for the ones that actually want to debate) or straight up abuse.
Sissoko on the other hand is fair game (despite not even getting the amount of opportunities Janssen has got so far). Its not even cobatructive criticsm with some of the posts but its directed at Sissoko (a player that the majority didnt want in the firat place) so its cool.

Except you ignore the fact that Janssen is a 22 year old player with little to no experience at the top-level let alone English football, while Sissoko is a 27 year old player who just played a European Championship final and has been playing in England for years. Both need some more time I agree, but expectations will surely be higher for Sissoko to start performing sooner than Janssen, that's not so strange at all.

* Documented gooner lover, basically begged them to sign him on more than one occasion
* Disliked by the barcodes for his attitude and effort who, let's face it, know a dogshit player when they see one.
* Bad reputation
* A "Lamela syndrome" price tag
* Not Isco

= You've got no fucking chance mate.

Guy needs to be pulling out motm performances left right and centre to get on the right side of the fans and i don't see that happening tbh.
To me it was clearly a bit of a panic buy, but the same people griping about this transfer would be normally moaning at Levy for not supporting his manager so poor old Daniel cant win.

Ultimately, he doesn't need to be the next player we flip to Real Madrid. He offers us cover in a number of positions and as long as he does his job competently when called upon, which he has so far (contentious elbow aside).
We've had several players over the years that have gone about their job without pulling up any trees (Sigurðsson, Dempsey, Holtby, Pienaar, Pav?) but ended up being fan favourites.

I appreciate the climate we operate in is different now (expectation higher, transfer fees higher). But I worry that if we give Sissoko the excuse he needs buy abusing him then we'll never see if he has got anything else to offer.

I will reserve my judgment to the end of the season at least.

Last edited:
* Documented gooner lover, basically begged them to sign him on more than one occasion
* Disliked by the barcodes for his attitude and effort who, let's face it, know a dogshit player when they see one.
* Bad reputation
* A "Lamela syndrome" price tag
* Not Isco

= You've got no fucking chance mate.

Guy needs to be pulling out motm performances left right and centre to get on the right side of the fans and i don't see that happening tbh.
To me it was clearly a bit of a panic buy, but the same people griping about this transfer would be normally moaning at Levy for not supporting his manager so poor old Daniel cant win.

Ultimately, he doesn't need to be the next player we flip to Real Madrid. He offers us cover in a number of positions and as long as he does his job competently when called upon, which he has so far (contentious elbow aside).
We've had several players over the years that have gone about their job without pulling up any trees (Sigurðsson, Dempsey, Holtby, Pienaar, Pav?) but ended up being fan favourites.

I appreciate the climate we operate in is different now (expectation higher, transfer fees higher). But I worry that if we give Sissoko the excuse he needs buy abusing him then we'll never see if he has got anything else to offer.

I will reserve my judgment to the end of the season at least.

That all said; all he has to do is score one goal against one particular opponent and he will be elevated to legendary status.

We paid a ridiculous fee for a limited player. Still, he is here now so we have to make the best of it.
I think some of the hypocrisy on this board is outstanding (and alarming). Say anything negative about Janssen's poor start to his spurs career and its either met with excuses (for the ones that actually want to debate) or straight up abuse.
Sissoko on the other hand is fair game (despite not even getting the amount of opportunities Janssen has got so far). Its not even cobatructive criticsm with some of the posts but its directed at Sissoko (a player that the majority didnt want in the firat place) so its cool.
Well the French national team obviously want him and they are doing a lot better than some other national teams around the place. Poch has stuck behind him and this is also good so do they know something we don't know?

Siggy was better than Chadli and Sissoko :walkercry:

Yeah, never used correctly, hardly any of those players where;

"Dunno what to do with you because you're not quite as good as the existing options we have in the number 10 role and the man upstairs got you in because you where the best player in the bottom half of the table last season and where cheap(ish) so........ i'll guess i'll push you out to the left."

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has reacted angrily to the impending 3 match ban for record signing Moussa Sissoko, he had this to say. "We are outraged by this, the decision is wrong and makes a mockery of the F.A as a governing body, normally, in these cases we do not make it our business to say a thing, make comment, however we feel this injustice against us is far too big to let pass by. Therefore we have this to say.The ban was far too lenient and we are making it our business that the player is dealt with fairly and banned for the remainder of the season so that the fans never have to witness such dire football again, thank you"
Strong words from Poch!

In fairness he does need more time than my mockery above would imply but I fully agree we should expect him to be delivering more considering age and experience. Fair enough he's been played out of position but is he good enough to displace anyone we play more centrally?

Fair play to Levy for backing the manager, nonetheless it was a very unusual signing for our 'model'. The price reportedly doubled overnight, and since when have we been paying £30m for 27 year old squad players with questionable motivation? People have a right to comment on this no?

It may be unusual, but it seems like the manager wanted him.

We've had years of whining about how Levy didn't back the manager for Moutinho, Berahino blah blah blah. He finally goes balls out with the cheque book, and the exact same people whine again.

I've no real issue with criticism, it's the cliché bollocks that the same people come out with that gets annoying.

Back
Top Bottom