Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really don't understand why the likes of Bayern, PSG or Juventus haven't chased him tbh. I don't think he is quite at the Barca/Madrid level (especially considering his age) but he would easily get a start at PSG/Juve IMO, says something about their scouting networks.

Although very happy they haven't!

Someone on the radio said the other day that the reason Liverpool never signed him when he was at Fulham was because his stats were shit. It's what's sort of echoed in previous posts on this page, his stats aren't WORLD CLASS - but we know how important he is.

It's the classic, like modric used to be for us, like Carrick always has been, the guy behind the guy

Makes it all tick, the stats aren't their friend but it doesn't matter, Dembele a colossus

Someone on the radio said the other day that the reason Liverpool never signed him when he was at Fulham was because his stats were shit. It's what's sort of echoed in previous posts on this page, his stats aren't WORLD CLASS - but we know how important he is.
There's one stat that does matter. Our PPG when he plays and when he doesn't.
We really do miss him when he's not there.

He is so underrated it's not even funny. SAF said he was often the best man on the pitch including his players. Talent wise and only talent alone, I rate him #1, followed by Lamela, Kane and Son. In that order...

It's the classic, like modric used to be for us, like Carrick always has been, the guy behind the guy

Makes it all tick, the stats aren't their friend but it doesn't matter, Dembele a colossus
Stats are for cunts who don't understand by watching

Best off he comes 'home' to Poch's caring bosom...

Give him the week off, he'll be right as rain for You Know Who next weekend!!!

Why Dembele is so hard to knock off the ball....

Also this....

Alli names Dembele as Tottenham’s best player

Date published: Friday 18th November 2016 8:15

GettyImages.520251648.jpg

Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli thinks Mousa Dembele is the most talented player at the club.

Mauricio Pochettino has made the Belgian a regular in his starting XI at White Hart Lane in the last couple of seasons despite Dembele’s bad luck with injuries.

And Alli, who had the choice of players such as Hugo Lloris, Harry Kane, Christian Eriksen and Toby Alderweireld, selected Dembele as the best player at Tottenham.

“In my opinion, Dembele [is the best],” Alli told Soccer AM. “He’s very good – his feet are unbelievable. He’s so big as well but he just shifts his body so easily. I don’t know how he does it.”

The England international also has Dembele down alongside himself as the top two players for nutmegs at the club.

“I’d have to say myself, or, Mousa Dembele as well,” he said when asked who pulls off nutmegs the best.

“His is different – I do it in the actual training and stuff. He just does it where he’ll call someone out one-on-one and say if you nutmeg someone, there’s a forfeit or something. He’s really good at that.”

Pochettino has admitted that the Spurs medical team would assess the damage on Monday before making a statement on the projected length of time the midfielder will be sidelined.

“We don’t know now,” the Argentine told the London Evening Standard.

“We need to assess him. He received a kick to his foot, but we don’t know. We will see tomorrow.”

:defoe:

Love the guy but we've got to start looking for his heir, can't be dependent on a player that's injured so often

Top player already MD, but he needs to dribble less pass quicker especially on counters. That would make him world class and probably help prevent from injury too. Just bc he can hold the ball doesn't mean he has to show it every chance.

Back
Top Bottom