Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How come that, every time we tend to discuss whether our players are world class, the names of Hugo, Toby and Harry get mentioned.

Mousa Dembélé is our very best. And when he's on form, like last season and possibly now once fully fit is a world class footballer

He isn't. We don't. We never should.
:deledoubt:

In my opinion to be considered World class you have to be one of the best players for your Country as well as a top club. Like Messi, Ronaldo, Bale and Lloris. Dembele is not a regular in the Belguim team and has to produce this form on the international stage to be considered world class. I do not think many non Spurs supporters would consider him for a 'World 11'
Continue playing like he has over the past 12 months then no reason why he can not become World class

He is one of those players who fills fans with confidence on the ball. He does not lose the ball-ever(!) & he seldom wastes a pass. He is such an important player to spurs & to our system. I don't care that he's not regarded as world class by many. It means his name isn't being bandied about as the next transfer out of WHL to the likes of Real Madrid.

To be fair. He always seems to get praise when he HAS a game like the Woolwich one where he affects play by scoring or assisting (in this case, winning the penalty) otherwise he goes under the radar. When on form, he ALWAYS bosses the game but doesnt rarely assist or score so won't get praise of his little MOTD highlight clip so is never spoke about and forgotten by other fans.

You only have to see how rated Dembele is when he does something that affects the game in some way - Many fans of other clubs think he is world class and only him and Alderweireld would get into most teams in the country (harsh on Kane).

I just hate when people say he doesn't get enough assists or goals. Iniesta was in the world TOTY last season and he got 1 goal and 2 assists. Compared to Dembele's 3 goals and 3 assists. Luka Modric is another one who is rated as world class yet never gets the praise for it (in terms of accolades) because he doesnt get many assists or goals neither.

Modric got 7 assists and has scored 3 goals in the last 2 seasons. Dembele has 4 goals and 4 assists in that same time (in 10 less games).

Too much "world class".

Will be shit next game thanks to you lot
:dembelefingers:

Do you remember his performance at home to West Ham in Poch's first season? So so bad. I actually thought that was it for him under Pochettino, don't think he started many more after that until last season where he really started becoming important.

Do you remember his performance at home to West Ham in Poch's first season? So so bad. I actually thought that was it for him under Pochettino, don't think he started many more after that until last season where he really started becoming important.

The Sherwood hang over took a while to wear off

In my opinion to be considered World class you have to be one of the best players for your Country as well as a top club. Like Messi, Ronaldo, Bale and Lloris. Dembele is not a regular in the Belguim team and has to produce this form on the international stage to be considered world class. I do not think many non Spurs supporters would consider him for a 'World 11'
Continue playing like he has over the past 12 months then no reason why he can not become World class

...surely unlike? no??
I'm pretty sure Messi, Ronaldo, Bale & Lloris are regulars in their respective National teams... unlike Dembele!

Excuse me, I'm a pedant... sorry pedant!

...surely unlike? no??
I'm pretty sure Messi, Ronaldo, Bale & Lloris are regulars in their respective National teams... unlike Dembele!

Excuse me, I'm a pedant... sorry pedant!
Yes should have been unlike
I read what I thought I had written rather what I actually wrote.

Really don't understand why the likes of Bayern, PSG or Juventus haven't chased him tbh. I don't think he is quite at the Barca/Madrid level (especially considering his age) but he would easily get a start at PSG/Juve IMO, says something about their scouting networks.

Although very happy they haven't!

Back
Top Bottom