Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another one who was immense last night against the Chavs. I particularly liked it when Pedro went into the back of him late ... & literally bounced off him. Moments later the cunt got booked for clobbering Danny Rose.

The bloke is a real Rolls Royce player. I never feel nervous when he's on the ball because he is so strong & reliable. Very rarely loses the ball & almost always gets it back if he does. He's superb.

A lot of younger players could learn a lot from studying his play. His feet are really quick, the way he shields the ball with his body is spectacular and his ability to ghost past players is up there with the best players in the world. I think other clubs and fans have started to understand how good he is, but he has been underrated due to not scoring a lot of goals. I find it surprising myself, as you see him go past players and you think, what is stopping him just beating players from corners and the like, walking in the box and putting it in the net.

Another one who was immense last night against the Chavs. I particularly liked it when Pedro went into the back of him late ... & literally bounced off him. Moments later the cunt got booked for clobbering Danny Rose.

The bloke is a real Rolls Royce player. I never feel nervous when he's on the ball because he is so strong & reliable. Very rarely loses the ball & almost always gets it back if he does. He's superb.
He looked much better v Chelsea, but still not up with his best performances from last season. There is more to come from him, which should scare the shit out of some opponents.

A lot of younger players could learn a lot from studying his play. His feet are really quick, the way he shields the ball with his body is spectacular and his ability to ghost past players is up there with the best players in the world. I think other clubs and fans have started to understand how good he is, but he has been underrated due to not scoring a lot of goals. I find it surprising myself, as you see him go past players and you think, what is stopping him just beating players from corners and the like, walking in the box and putting it in the net.
I don't understand that part of his game either, i'm pretty sure he could score 5 or 6 goals a season by just ghosting past everyone and getting a clear shot. But something stops him from really doing it when it matters and i dont think that part of his game is going to evolve

There's been talk of him going to China, imagine these poor chines trying to take the ball of him lol. Pretty sure we'd see stats like posession :
Home team minus Moose 30 %
Away team 30 %
Dembele 40 %

I don't understand that part of his game either, i'm pretty sure he could score 5 or 6 goals a season by just ghosting past everyone and getting a clear shot. But something stops him from really doing it when it matters and i dont think that part of his game is going to evolve

I agree. He is what he is by now and we can only speculate as to what he would've been able to achieve had he been coached properly earlier on in his career. He's our best player in my opinion but it's still frustrating to not see him ghost past players in the final third.

Another.

Just love watching him play football.
Love that vid, he might not be the most prolific player, or the most influential (goals/assist wise) but its a joy to see him play. It looks so simple, there's no exaggerated trickery or pure pace in there but it works time and time again. Must be horrible to play against him, can't get the ball of him and he takes about 3 or 4 balls from you every time.

Just love how our players express their love for him.

C2xkeevXUAEZuY4.jpg

C2xkeeuWgAEsBeb.jpg

About halfway through the first half v Boro, Dembele did something absolutely outrageous in the middle of the pitch... anyone got a GIF of it? Apologies if there's one in the match thread already, I can't find a way to search it efficiently

About halfway through the first half v Boro, Dembele did something absolutely outrageous in the middle of the pitch... anyone got a GIF of it? Apologies if there's one in the match thread already, I can't find a way to search it efficiently

I've looked for a GIF but can't find one, but it's at about 16:40 in the game. Looked it up yesterday, it was as outrageous as I thought it looked in real time.

While we are waiting to new GIFs let's just look at a few old ones.

My god, he's such a sexy motherfucker.

ValuableLinedAmericangoldfinch.gif

PeskyParallelHuia.gif
That second one is the only thing I could criticise about him. Needs to do that more.

Such a beautifully skilful player. Don't think I've ever seen someone take players on with more ease than he does. Just want to see him doing it around and inside the opposition box more.

Back
Top Bottom