Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Without him we lack a player who can run/dribble the ball past a first/second layer of defense. Also, it doesn't look as though we're getting the best from Dier at the moment. Whether Dier is out of form or he finds it hard to work with Wanyama I don't know. Defensively they haven't offered the cover you'd expect from two def mids of that calibre. In my opinion it looked as though we improved against Liverpool when Alli replaced Dier at CM.
Without Dembele we lack penetration through the middle. Alli hasn't particularly gotten going yet, and he would benefit from Dembele regardless since they complement each other.

The situation with Dier and Wanyama is the same problem with every other pairing of two defensive midfielders, and arguably a similar problem to what we had when the pairing was Bentaleb and Mason. They're too similar, and their strengths and weaknesses don't complement each other. With Dier-Dembele-Alli we've got a great trinity in midfield. Dier performs the donkey work and works with the defenders, playing simple passes and leaving the holding work to Dembele, who uses his vision and control to dictate pace and transition into attack, while Alli has the freedom to try audacious and creative wonders.

Wanyama-Dier leaves both with conflicting roles in the team that don't help our control through the middle.

37A9026F00000578-0-image-a-23_1472406441026.jpg

1462264953428.jpg

If Aguero doesn't get at least an 8 game ban, then Spurs should take the FA to court.

Dembele was stupid under extreme provocation from a deliberately provocative player with a bad reputation for violence.
Aguero assaulted Reid and caused him to be carried off. Apparently he will escape censure as the referee saw it and took no action - seriously?

1462264953428.jpg

If Aguero doesn't get at least an 8 game ban, then Spurs should take the FA to court.

Dembele was stupid under extreme provocation from a deliberately provocative player with a bad reputation for violence.
Aguero assaulted Reid and caused him to be carried off. Apparently he will escape censure as the referee saw it and took no action - seriously?

Lol....

A player who has never been sent off in the premier league catches a defender with his elbow, and you're saying it's "assault" and an 8 match ban?

I'm assuming you're joking, but expecting you're not...

1462264953428.jpg

Uhmmmm...no.

Lol....

A player who has never been sent off in the premier league catches a defender with his elbow, and you're saying it's "assault" and an 8 match ban?

I am equating the two incidents, my anger is more at the stupidity of the level of sanction applied to Dembele. I believe that Aguero knew what he was doing and it was a spiteful attempt to hurt him.
I don't see that there should be any difference in punishment.
Is Dembele a dirty player with a track record of similar misdemeanors?
So no - it wasn't a joke.

Lol....

I get his point though, 8 games for Dembele who has a very good record was very OTT and esp against Costa who himself gets away with murder time and time again

I am equating the two incidents, my anger is more at the stupidity of the level of sanction applied to Dembele. I believe that Aguero knew what he was doing and it was a spiteful attempt to hurt him.
In rugby the tariff for eye gouging starts at 12 weeks and goes up to 3 years. For a mild first offence, Dembele would have been out until near Christmas.

In rugby the tariff for eye gouging starts at 12 weeks and goes up to 3 years. For a mild first offence, Dembele would have been out until near Christmas.
Wasn't exactly eye gouging as Costa held the eye that never got 'gouged'. Couldn't have hurt his eye that much. Anyway, this is not rugby. Rugby is a thugs game played by Gentleman and football vice versa.
Dembele got a long ban because of the media wankfest.
Everyone is defending Aguero because he's not a 'habitual' dirty player.
Neither was Dembele.
Joey Barton got a 6 match ban for this
win19d.jpg

Really he should have gone to Jail
Batty got 6 match ban for pushing over a Ref
Suarez 8 matches for calling Evra a black cunt or nigger
Ben Thatcher 9 for an intentional horrific tackle .
Davies got the same for knocking out Cockerel, from behind.
Suarez 10 for taking a lump out on Bratislava with his hare's teeth ( with previous)

So a 6 match ban is one of the highest ever for a player who didn't have the rep of any of the above.
Dembele has only ever had one red card in league football hasn't he?
Also had about 20 yellows since 2009

Last edited:
Wasn't exactly eye gouging as Costa held the eye that never got 'gouged'. Couldn't have hurt his eye that much. Anyway, this is not rugby. Rugby is a thugs game played by Gentleman and football vice versa.
Dembele got a long ban because of the media wankfest.
Everyone is defending Aguero because he's not a 'habitual' dirty player.
Neither was Dembele.
Joey Barton got a 6 match ban for this
win19d.jpg

Really he should have gone to Jail
Batty got 6 match ban for pushing over a Ref
Suarez 8 matches for calling Evra a black cunt or nigger
Ben Thatcher 9 for an intentional horrific tackle .
Davies got the same for knocking out Cockerel, from behind.
Suarez 10 for taking a lump out on Bratislava with his hare's teeth ( with previous)

So a 6 match ban is one of the highest ever for a player who didn't have the rep of any of the above.
Then Barton should have got more rather than Dembele getting less.
You don't put your fingers in another players eyes, end of story.

Then Barton should have got more rather than Dembele getting less.
You don't put your fingers in another players eyes, end of story.
He didn't put his fingers in anyone eyes. He scratched his face below the eye. ( basically he pussied out of a proper job) Shouldn't have done it, no. Not acceptable, not making excuses, but that aint a 'rugby' eye 'gouge' where they stick the thumb/finger right in there and push. I've had my eye gouged in a ruck and it was fucking agony and I had a fucked up eye for about a week and half. All bloodshot and bruised.
It was all hyped up, like the media do with most stuff.

34e420l.png

34xi9p4.jpg

Um not really, Dembele chose to gouge Costa in the eye (or scratch near it) - didn't really matter who Dembele did it to, it's about intent and the action.

Nothing really in it to suggest Aguero intended to hit reid, and it's still an action that is considered to be related to play (unlike off ball confrontation).

Just one of those things. It's ridiculous to suggest an elbow challenging for the ball is worse than something that would be assault if it wasn't on the pitch

Back
Top Bottom