Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A bit of everything but not much in through ball and goals. Not too good at key passes either.
Massive defensively, great at keeping the ball & with distribution.
He's improved, but I feel there is much more he could be doing in the final third.
He averaged about 6 a season for AZ. 24 league goals in 118 games
Scored 5 for Fulham in about half the games he's had for us, 114.

He has a great shot but seems reluctant to pull the trigger.
He's a player that really should be good for 5 a season.

Edit: btw it's not a coating it's an observation. A player like him is essential in the system the manager plays.

A bit of everything but not much in through ball and goals. Not too good at key passes either.
He's improved, but I feel there is much more he could be doing in the final third.

Edit: btw it's not a coating it's an observation. A player like him is essential in the system the manager plays.
I kinda agree on the sentiment but you are asking the moon on a stick too there, you want a player that is 'Massive defensively, great at keeping the ball & with distribution" + offers through balls and goals and who's happy to be at spurs etc ... :) Seems a lot to ask from one player, esp one that is used as a holding midfielder

Just because there are no through balls doesn't mean there should be. It not his role.

Pirlo doesn't tackle, do you think he should do more because he doesn't perform this function?

They are just playing in a system and shape that suits the team, both highly effective within that system. What it does show is just how unique he is from that position.

Fact remains that Kane isn't as good without Dembele in the line up. The stats back it up.

Kane will be back scoring for fun when Dembele is back. Don't worry guys.

I remember Modric controlled games for us without much goals or assists. In that sense, Dembele is similar. They both control games, but in different ways. Dembele with strength while Modric with guile. Both dribbles quite a bit to get out of tight situations and keeps the ball very well. However Modric has been so highly rated for a while. But Dembele is often most appreciated when he is not playing. A little under-rated...

I kinda agree on the sentiment but you are asking the moon on a stick too there, you want a player that is 'Massive defensively, great at keeping the ball & with distribution" + offers through balls and goals and who's happy to be at spurs etc ... :) Seems a lot to ask from one player, esp one that is used as a holding midfielder
I just think DeeGee is saying that we all know he has a great shot on him, finds himself with the ball quite abit around the box but generally passes it to someone else, when he does take the odd shot it's always been decent so maybe could try it more although in his mind this could be seen as losing possession which he don't do lol

Ridiculously good player, outstanding in parts last night when he came on. I like how he isn't on the radar of most other fans as our best player. I put his down to the fact must of what he is excellent at (breaking up play, gluing things together in midfield) doesn't translate very well into fantasy league points.

Q88rJ.gif

Back
Top Bottom