Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Four years and he just seems to be getting better and better. Lots more to come from him. Feels like he's just scratched the surface of what he can achieve with us.

I remember last year when he got banned.
A lot of people were saying we are more than a one man team and we wouldn't miss him, or dele. We'd be fine.
Dembele is not even that creative. He also doesn't score much.
Yet we miss him.
We miss him because of his ball winning, his strength on the ball, his his ability to hold onto the ball and beat the odd player or two. His passing never usually goes astray either.
This allows the others more space and time.
I hope he comes back stronger than ever and ups his scoring.

Do we think Wanyama will be dropped when he comes back? I have been so impressed with him; I didn't actually realise he was quite so good on the ball. Or will Poch accommodate them all?

Do we think Wanyama will be dropped when he comes back? I have been so impressed with him; I didn't actually realise he was quite so good on the ball. Or will Poch accommodate them all?

My guess is that we won't see Dier, Dembele and Wanyama together. I'm expecting Mousa to generally play, with one of Dier or Wanyama playing the more defensive role. I agree Victor's been great so far, and I could well be completely wrong. Be interesting to see how it pans out. In some games I'd love to see Winks get a kick too.

I remember last year when he got banned.
A lot of people were saying we are more than a one man team and we wouldn't miss him, or dele. We'd be fine.
Dembele is not even that creative. He also doesn't score much.
Yet we miss him.
We miss him because of his ball winning, his strength on the ball, his his ability to hold onto the ball and beat the odd player or two. His passing never usually goes astray either.
This allows the others more space and time.
Basically we miss him because he can control the game. With Dembele we are able to dominate midfield. Without him we have issues doing that.

Basically we miss him because he can control the game. With Dembele we are able to dominate midfield. Without him we have issues doing that.

Without him we lack a player who can run/dribble the ball past a first/second layer of defense. Also, it doesn't look as though we're getting the best from Dier at the moment. Whether Dier is out of form or he finds it hard to work with Wanyama I don't know. Defensively they haven't offered the cover you'd expect from two def mids of that calibre. In my opinion it looked as though we improved against Liverpool when Alli replaced Dier at CM.

Back
Top Bottom