Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He didn't put his fingers in anyone eyes. He scratched his face below the eye. Shouldn't have done it, no. Not acceptable, not making excuses, but that aint a 'rugby' eye 'gouge' where they stick the thumb/finger right in there and push. I've had my eye gouged in a ruck and it was fucking agony and I had a fucked up eye for about a week and half. All bloodshot and bruised.
It was all hyped up, like the media do with most stuff.

34xi9p4.jpg
That second picture looks pretty much like a finger in his eye to me.

Um not really, Dembele chose to gouge Costa in the eye (or scratch near it) - didn't really matter who Dembele did it to, it's about intent and the action.

Nothing really in it to suggest Aguero intended to hit reid, and it's still an action that is considered to be related to play (unlike off ball confrontation).

Just one of those things. It's ridiculous to suggest an elbow challenging for the ball is worse than something that would be assault if it wasn't on the pitch
I dont see it that way, Aguero knew what he was doing and an elbow in the throat/face is way more violent than the stupidity that Dembele perpetrated. IMHO
Notwithstanding, the two incidents IMV rate equal in stupidity/violent play, therefore the same metrics should be used to judge, if you see aguero's act as being less violent or malevolent - then I see your POV.

I just happen to see things differently.

He didn't put his fingers in anyone eyes. He scratched his face below the eye. ( basically he pussied out of a proper job) Shouldn't have done it, no. Not acceptable, not making excuses, but that aint a 'rugby' eye 'gouge' where they stick the thumb/finger right in there and push. I've had my eye gouged in a ruck and it was fucking agony and I had a fucked up eye for about a week and half. All bloodshot and bruised.
It was all hyped up, like the media do with most stuff.

34e420l.png

34xi9p4.jpg
100%

If Costa had done it to Dembele would people want more than a 6 game ban? I know I would and I'm not even considering his previous - it's a shit move and he should know better

Back
Top Bottom