Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would Michael Dawson get into a Champions League challenging team? Look, I love the guy. I love his passion and his leadership but in the future unless he improves, we should be looking for an upgrade in the medium term

Would Michael Dawson get into a Champions League challenging team? Look, I love the guy. I love his passion and his leadership but in the future unless he improves, we should be looking for an upgrade in the medium term

Yes. He's no worse than Terry and that cunt is part of a team who have challenged and won the comp.

That stopper type centre half is much maligned in the modern game, but is still important and valuable to the team. As long as a faster, more composed player is next to him Dawson isn't some great liability or anything. It's not like putting Titus Bramble back there.

He has limitations, limitations that Dawson himself is well aware of, but they are easy to work around as long as the personnel are around him to cover. Walker has the pace to get back if a player gets past him, Sandro/Capoue have the instincts to drop if he is exposed to a runner and Vertonghen has the intelligence and composure to offer an outlet/cover if he gets in trouble.

When we play teams with very fast forwards or midfielders, Dawson will be found out unfortunately. Plus I don't think he has been brilliant so far in the league. At fault for Giroud's goal, left Terry unmarked for his goal and shit today.

It's sad to say it, but he has to be dropped or AVB will lose credibility with the squad. Vertonghen and Kaboul should be the centre backs for a bit at least. Daws needs to feel there really is pressure to perform, and he's responded well to challenges in the past.

A great leader but simply out of his depth vs a quality club like Manchester City

that's abit of an overstatement tbh

Roy Keane was a great leader

It's sad to say it, but he has to be dropped or AVB will lose credibility with the squad. Vertonghen and Kaboul should be the centre backs for a bit at least. Daws needs to feel there really is pressure to perform, and he's responded well to challenges in the past.

Daws was shite but Kaboul was just as bad if not worse today

Vlad and Vertonghen should be the starting duo when we can. Dawson while occasionally a liability has always been solid, but he has been pretty terrible recently.

Vlad and Vertonghen should be the starting duo when we can. Dawson while occasionally a liability has always been solid, but he has been pretty terrible recently.

This should be our back four:

Walker -- Vertonghen -- Vlad -- Rose

Change with Kaboul with the Rose injury.

I love Dawson but I completely agree, we look a far more solid side with Chiriches in. He adds a bit going forward too

That stopper type centre half is much maligned in the modern game, but is still important and valuable to the team. As long as a faster, more composed player is next to him Dawson isn't some great liability or anything. It's not like putting Titus Bramble back there.

He has limitations, limitations that Dawson himself is well aware of, but they are easy to work around as long as the personnel are around him to cover. Walker has the pace to get back if a player gets past him, Sandro/Capoue have the instincts to drop if he is exposed to a runner and Vertonghen has the intelligence and composure to offer an outlet/cover if he gets in trouble.
That's all good and well whilst he's on the pitch, but, the truth of the matter is simply that he gives those around him more work to do. He's a liability 90% of the time, 9% of the time he is decent and 1% of the time he's perfect. We need a significant upgrade, someone who will gain the trust of those around him not to need to cover for his mistakes, to know that he is up for the task week in week out.

Just on what you mentioned above, losing Dawson will mean that Walker will have one less thing defensively to do meaning that we'll have a wing back in position to launch a counter attack rather than needlessly cover the centre back. Sandro and Capoue won't need to cover as much dropping back meaning that we will have more players applying pressure higher up the field. Vertonghen won't have to play his position and half a position for Dawson so he will be better in concentrating on his own duties alone.

His mistakes create a ripple effect up the field throughout the team, every winning team has 100% trust in each other to do their job so they can get on and do theirs. A team is built with parts, if one of the parts is weak then the whole structure suffers.

Dawson has to go.

That's all good and well whilst he's on the pitch, but, the truth of the matter is simply that he gives those around him more work to do. He's a liability 90% of the time, 9% of the time he is decent and 1% of the time he's perfect. We need a significant upgrade, someone who will gain the trust of those around him not to need to cover for his mistakes, to know that he is up for the task week in week out.

Just on what you mentioned above, losing Dawson will mean that Walker will have one less thing defensively to do meaning that we'll have a wing back in position to launch a counter attack rather than needlessly cover the centre back. Sandro and Capoue won't need to cover as much dropping back meaning that we will have more players applying pressure higher up the field. Vertonghen won't have to play his position and half a position for Dawson so he will be better in concentrating on his own duties alone.

His mistakes create a ripple effect up the field throughout the team, every winning team has 100% trust in each other to do their job so they can get on and do theirs. A team is built with parts, if one of the parts is weak then the whole structure suffers.

Dawson has to go.

The reasons you named are reasons why he shoudlnt be first name on the teamsheet anymore. He is much better at CB than some other backups we have. He is a different kind of CB to our others. He has a place in this team, just not at first place CB. He will be an amazing fourth string CB.

The reasons you named are reasons why he shoudlnt be first name on the teamsheet anymore. He is much better at CB than some other backups we have. He is a different kind of CB to our others. He has a place in this team, just not at first place CB. He will be an amazing fourth string CB.
I couldn't agree more whilst he is still at the club. For the long term future we should find a replacement, I personally would want someone brought in challenging the likes of Vertonghen being the first centre back on the team sheet then sell Dawson. Pushing everyone down the pecking order making us stronger and negating weaknesses in specific areas.

This isn't, however, our most important part to improve in our team as there are others that are obviously shady at best.

fuck he is so bad

hes been individually responsible for 3 goals (at least) in the last 3 games

can't wait to get verts back into cb have kaboul as the go to back up and have dawson play only europa

Back
Top Bottom