Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It just doesn't get better for Dawson. Vlad has secured his spot in the XI, imo, and Dawson keeps helping the other team score goals.

He's killing us atm. Too bad we sold and loaned out our only cover at LB (Bale/BAE :wall:), where art thou Rose?

Dawson, as much as I love him, should only be backup for PL games, and start in "easy" europa league games from now on.

We need Rose back more than ever, so Verts can go back to CB.

It's never nice to feel this way about such a popular guy, but I think it's for the best... :dawsonmean:

It's the same as (but for very different reasons) when we all started to realise that Ledley's knees were NOT going to get better, and it was probably for the best he retired before he did himself any permanent, crippling damage!
Dawson has been an absolutely tremendous servant to the club :dawsonlol:
(unlike Walker, who is a tremendous savant for the club!) :walker: b'boom!
...and I'd hate for Dawson's lasting legacy to be one of error prone/goal-gifting gaffs, rather than all the happier, more joyous times he's given us!

He's got 'future Spurs Defensive Coach' written all over him! I only hope he sticks around....:dawsonlol:

Everyone is calling for Dawson to be dropped. I agree, he should be dropped from the first team currently. His form, currently, isn't good enough for us right now. The solution everyone seems to come up with is Chiriches and Vertonghen in the middle. I'm still not sold on that. When we go against Lukaku, Benteke, or even Altidore tomorrow I'm not sold on them two holding their own against them. Like wise, I'm not sold on Dawson holding his own on Suarez, Aguero, Chicharito even. Dawson should be dropped because his form is unacceptable currently, but he doesn't deserve to leave. Against top sides I'm thinking one of Dawson/Kaboul plus one of Chiriches/Vertonghen to go.

Against top sides I'm thinking one of Dawson/Kaboul plus one of Chiriches/Vertonghen to go.

This.
This is what I too think is the way to currently go.

However ... against Liverpool, we would be better off not playing Daws.
Aguero already exposed him inside out, and with the form that Suarez is on (never-mind his constant movement and agility alone), Dawson could get DESTROYED by Suarez.

One of Verts or Vlad has to play in the center against them, and actually I wouldn't even mind both of them starting together in the center too.

Everyone is calling for Dawson to be dropped. I agree, he should be dropped from the first team currently. His form, currently, isn't good enough for us right now. The solution everyone seems to come up with is Chiriches and Vertonghen in the middle. I'm still not sold on that. When we go against Lukaku, Benteke, or even Altidore tomorrow I'm not sold on them two holding their own against them. Like wise, I'm not sold on Dawson holding his own on Suarez, Aguero, Chicharito even. Dawson should be dropped because his form is unacceptable currently, but he doesn't deserve to leave. Against top sides I'm thinking one of Dawson/Kaboul plus one of Chiriches/Vertonghen to go.
I'm not calling for Dawson to be dropped, I was delighted with his performance v Sunderland. He's one of our first choice CBs and has been, deservedly, all season. He's proved wrong all those people in the summer, and since, who said that he wouldn't be in our 'first XI'.

I look forward to our captain leading us out against Liverpool, and proving wrong once again all those people who have a vendetta/agenda against a loyal servant to this club.

Its not just Dawson vs Suarez, I am looking forward to seeing Sandro boot that little runt Coutinho 50 foot in the air, hopefully Gerrard injured too

I'm not calling for Dawson to be dropped, I was delighted with his performance v Sunderland. He's one of our first choice CBs and has been, deservedly, all season. He's proved wrong all those people in the summer, and since, who said that he wouldn't be in our 'first XI'.

I look forward to our captain leading us out against Liverpool, and proving wrong once again all those people who have a vendetta/agenda against a loyal servant to this club.
Dawson is a perfect option vs a lesser club like Sunderland and was very solid yesterday. But vs Suarez , Dawson will be a liability like we've seen before vs quality clubs. A fine leader with some limitations in his game.

Back
Top Bottom