Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've actually got some pretty special English ones too for instance.

@ Blanchflower Blanchflower prefers Chadli to DTD.

But, present company excepted your mob are generally clueless and just follow opinions like sheep. Retarded ones at that.

Chadli is more effective in the team with its current make up - players individual ability doesn't necessarily make them into a good team.......I think that's pretty apparent from our performances this season?.....

Dawson is a perfect option vs a lesser club like Sunderland and was very solid yesterday. But vs Suarez , Dawson will be a liability like we've seen before vs quality clubs. A fine leader with some limitations in his game.

What you mean like Man Utd and Everton, in what sense was Dawson a liability in those games? I heard that Lukaku was going to 'destroy' Dawson, mmmm, he was closer to 'destroying Lloris'.

The goals we conceded v Utd came from errors by Walker and Lloris, so are they liabilities who should only be played against lesser teams? Against City it was Lloris, Kab and I believe Jan all making errors, so let's drop all three of them v Pool.
Lamela's been a liability for most of the season in the Prem, so that's him finished against all clubs I presume, as for that major liability Soldado ....

We'll see what happens on Sunday.

What you mean like Man Utd and Everton, in what sense was Dawson a liability in those games? I heard that Lukaku was going to 'destroy' Dawson, mmmm, he was closer to 'destroying Lloris'.

We'll see what happens on Sunday.

Actually I was speaking to City and United involving a pacey technically strong attacking option.

Dawson is a big liability

With that said, he is still a very viable option for a majority of Spurs games and a great leader.

Actually I was speaking to City and United involving a pacey technically strong attacking option.

Dawson is a big liability

With that said, he is still a very viable option for a majority of Spurs games and a great leader.

Thats bullshit.

Everyone that has played citeh at their place has suffered in defence. Are they 'too slow'

Last season he had Suarez in his pocket. This season he has controlled Lukaku and the chelsea attack.

The issue is the tactics the manager employs with what he has at his disposal. Dawson is a world class defender.

How is he a liability? Can you or anyone back that up?

The only liability we have had in the back 4 last few seasons was the beloved Benny. That idiot really did cost us goals.

Michael saved us with a last ditch block at the end yesterday, that's what he does well and often taken for granted

AVB being a young manager building a reputation needs a captain he can fully rely on who is loyal and will give it all, unlike those cunts at Chelsea, Dawson brings him that assurance

Well said re Daws, Audere and Mensa. And as Audere rightly points out BAE has been far more of a 'liability' than Daws over the years, but for some reason huge swathes of Spurs fans prefer to attack our captain and great servant, Daws.

Not that I want BAE to get unfair criticism, but I can't stand the loaded, biased bile and vitriol that Daws gets from so many of our fans. I'm not talking about anyone on this thread, or even so much on this forum. But on other forums the stuff that is written about Daws is scandalous. I'm banned from the forum that's the worst offender in this regard, because otherwise I'd have plenty to say there, and doubtless would end up with a ban anyway :)

I'll never forget reading on one forum how someone met Daws, BAE, and a couple of other players. The one he singled out as a 'legend' was BAE. Absolutely ridiculous. Daws is far closer to legend material than BAE ever will be, But hey people prefer Benny's hairstyle, apparently.

Thats bullshit.

Everyone that has played citeh at their place has suffered in defence. Are they 'too slow'

Last season he had Suarez in his pocket. This season he has controlled Lukaku and the chelsea attack.

The issue is the tactics the manager employs with what he has at his disposal. Dawson is a world class defender.

The only liability we have had in the back 4 last few seasons was the beloved Benny. That idiot really did cost us goals.

His game has limitations and is a liability at times

But like i said, he is very solid CB, perfect start for most fixtures and a great leader

I know you peops love to defend your fellow countrymen. a totally normally reaction, but I'm not attacking the man here. Just calling out his limitations

As I remember it Kaboul and Dawson were equally shit and our worst players by far....

Aguero and Negredo made them look sunday league level

Thats bullshit.

And when did he have Suarez in his pocket last year ?

Dawson's pace has always been slow-whats new?
A few seasons ago watching Dawson play, I was surprised how slow he was, there were times I thought he was running backwards. Since then he has put in some monumental performances as a player and as skipper. Like T Sheringham although slow, has that elusive football brain to make amends.
If Dawsons reading this….V Liverpool, you must not get yourself isolated away from the other Ch and full backs. Keep it tight and together. Slow donkey can kick ass.

Last edited:
Whether you rate him highly or not he's currently a very important player for us with Kaboul pretty much a crock and Rose a figment of our imaginations.

Dawson's pace has always been slow-whats new?
A few seasons ago watching Dawson play, I was surprised how slow he was, there were times I thought he was running backwards. Since then he has put in some monumental performances as a player and as skipper. Like T Sheringham although slow, has that elusive football brain to make amends.
If Dawsons reading this….you must not get yourself isolated away from the other Ch and full backs. Keep it tight and together. Show donkey can kick ass.

That Dawson is slow is kind of irrelevant. Obviously pace always helps, but it is hardly something murdering us from game to game.

My problem is rather with his defending against crosses (everything but direct punts up pitch) and his general decisionmaking.

Last season we played Pool twice, IIRC. Both games Suarez and Dawson played. Suarez scored once in those two games, hardly 'destroy territory' (0.5 per game)

If we look at the four goals Pool scored, Bale got the first - OG - well clearly he was a liability. Drop him for the rest of the season - oh wait :)

Of the other three goals, one was down to Walker and Lloris, what a pair of liabilities they've been this season

One was down to Defoe and BAE, well we've already discussed 'Saint Benny', definitely more of a liability than Daws. Not that I think Daws is a liability BTW, I think he's a major asset.

The other goal, I honestly don't remember anyone being particularly at fault, but if people tell me it was Daws fault, I'll go dig it out on Google and see if I agree.

But from what I remember, all sorts of people were blameworthy for the goals Pool scored last season, but I don't remember Daws being one of them. My memory may be at fault, I wait comments.

That Dawson is slow is kind of irrelevant. Obviously pace always helps, but it is hardly something murdering us from game to game.

My problem is rather with his defending against crosses (everything but direct punts up pitch) and his general decisionmaking.
Against Sunderland, one thing we got right as a team was defending high balls. Dawson played his part. I feel at the moment the team is full of individuals trying hard to get it together. Dawson can not hold his own when isolated, he needs to be part of a team, a back 4. Once this happens and we jell as a team, he will improve i'm sure.

His game has limitations and is a liability at times

But like i said, he is very solid CB, perfect start for most fixtures and a great leader

I know you peops love to defend your fellow countrymen. a totally normally reaction, but I'm not attacking the man here. Just calling out his limitations
Perhaps a place on special teams:windy:

Back
Top Bottom