Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is a clear case for why AVB wanted to evolute the CB and thus was allowing Dawson to leave this summer. I think it is unfair to slag AVB for it. His tactical assesment of Dawsons problem with the new playing style were valid.

What is cool is Dawson actually overcoming it and becoming the better player for it.

His captaincy is beyond question from the present squad, IMHO. AFAIC he takes it extremely seriously and looks to have the respect of all his teammates.

I think the legacy of Ledley King will be good for Spurs. Not the playing one, this time, but the one of having a captain sitting on the bench/stand a whole lot. We have 3 other CB's who are as good as Dawson, and with AVB's rotation thing going on, it is important to have a captain, who accepts being benched ever so often. And having teammates who respect it.

Great to see him back. Some people think he should be gone next season, but for me he remains one of our first choice CBs and will be next season too. Jan can go and I'll be happy about that if the fee is good, but Daws is Mr Spurs and I hope he leads out the team in our first game next season

I mean seriously is Dawson staying or going our biggest problem this summer?? of course not, he stays, with Jan in a mood, Vlad doing the odd Luiz and Younes unable to string 3 games together what do you do just let him walk out the door, dont be stupid.

we have to get all four of our centre backs working at the best of their ability in a system that works, and add if necessary if it doesnt look like it will work out.

We have to sort out the striking dilemma and the left back area first, the rest can wait until January when settled under Poch, Pochettino was the biggest decision of summer, the rest doesnt matter that much

I'm going to be proper gutted when Dawson leaves. Sure, he's lost a step and isn't really at our level anymore but I can't remember a nicer or more genuine bloke to play for the club. Always gave us his best.

A real shame he couldnt have come on vs QPR and got a proper send off.

Im dissapointed that a player like that just fizzles out of existence from last season, and come Saturday he will playing for Hull.

Like a lot of us, I absolutely loved Michael Dawson. Admittedly there was always a mistake in him, but no one was prouder to be our captain and wear the shirt, and he epitomises the commitment we are severely lacking currently. I would take 11 Dawson's in our team over the supposedly finer players. Money doesn't buy what he gave to us.

Enjoy your retirement.

It's easy to love Hoddle, Gascoigne, Ginola and the like, but I loved Dawson as much as any Spurs player, limits to his game and all. He made walking through a brick wall for the team more than a saying.

It's great business for the club and all, but this picture is just sad:
2uLXgOr.jpg

I mean look how lonely and unwanted he is.

I wish nothing but the best for Daws, the guy always laid his heart on the line for us, and when playing alongside Ledders, played his part in a pretty formidable defensive partnership. He may not have been a worldie but his commitment was top drawer. Shame on those who put him down.

Back
Top Bottom