Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep, interwebz fakery........................(trust me, I'm an alchy!:cool:).

Anyhow, at least you're growing up. Drafted up that diary entry for your first period yet?:baletroll:
1276852649_chilling-sloth.gif

So glad he didn't go. So glad he WANTED to stay with us, and fight for a place.

One of Woolwich's issues today is the lack of this exact type of person in their team.

So glad he didn't go. So glad he WANTED to stay with us, and fight for a place.

One of Woolwich's issues today is the lack of this exact type of person in their team.
I've never been of the opinion that captaincy was hugely important, but contrast the leadership Daws gave us to the shite Vermaelen gave them. He basically stood still as Lennon raced past him for our second.

Haven't lost a game when Dawson has started in the PL this season.

Lost only 2 games with Lloris in goal in the PL this season.

Lost only once (Everton away) when Dembele has played in the PL this season.

Fuck off with this 1 man team bullshit!

the shite Vermaelen gave them.
To me, it wasn't Vermaelen's awful defending that startled me as much as it was his terrible attitude. First there was his nearly coming to blows with Dawson (something I didn't see all of). But more notably--and it's shown in the MOTD highlights, his fouling in the end of stoppage time on a clear off the Woolwich corner was a complete disgrace. Talk about covering yourself in glory: nailed-on free kick to Spurs, and Vermaelen comes up from his tackle spitting hate at the lino. Such an angry, angry man who will quickly realise that it is his destiny, as wanderers captain, to play nomad and move to a new club next season.

There is a clear case for why AVB wanted to evolute the CB and thus was allowing Dawson to leave this summer. I think it is unfair to slag AVB for it. His tactical assesment of Dawsons problem with the new playing style were valid.

What is cool is Dawson actually overcoming it and becoming the better player for it.

His captaincy is beyond question from the present squad, IMHO. AFAIC he takes it extremely seriously and looks to have the respect of all his teammates.

I think the legacy of Ledley King will be good for Spurs. Not the playing one, this time, but the one of having a captain sitting on the bench/stand a whole lot. We have 3 other CB's who are as good as Dawson, and with AVB's rotation thing going on, it is important to have a captain, who accepts being benched ever so often. And having teammates who respect it.

Back
Top Bottom