Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely gutted about this but totally understand its the right decision. My eyes widened a bit when I realised we'd get 9m tbf an you can't argue with that. However I'll always be a fan of the lad and the commitment he gave was superb, always smiling as well love him. Quickly losing all the players I love ATM and am a bit worried I'll run out soon.

IF Dawson goes, along with Thudd (surprised at that one TBH) then it's clear AVB doesn't rate players from the East Midlands...

....ahem, but seriously folks, if I had to choose between ONE central defender; Dawson/Gallas and one central midfielder; Hudd/Jenas going, it wouldn't be the two that seem to have gone!!

I thought Bassong going to Norwich was about right... but surely leaving just 4 centre-backs (especially when one of them; Gallas is getting on, and equally, if not more injury prone than Dawson) doesn't make a whole load of sense... same with Thudd... when you consider Modric is all but gone too... Jeez, Jenas must have some pretty dodgy photos of just about every Manager in EUROPE!
SOMEONE SEND AVB HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE, QUICK!

Going to miss you so much Daws. Quality player, lots of good memories of that special player. Always been 110% in work rate his heart always with the club.
Good luck Daws.

1882 said:
...ahem, but seriously folks, if I had to choose between ONE central defender; Dawson/Gallas and one central midfielder; Hudd/Jenas going, it wouldn't be the two that seem to have gone!

I agree with this, but the ones we'd prefer to go obviously have less of a sell-on value so they are harder to loan out or sell from Levy's point of view. Furthermore, AVB might look at Sandro, Parker and Hudd and say he has 3 players for the same position. Or look at Kaboul, Caulker and Dawson and say he has 3 players for that position. Whereas Vertonghen and Gallas, for example, are both left footed and can play out and make runs from the back so he only has two players for that position.

Nevertheless, I am a bit stumped with Jenas. It looks like he is the cover for Livermore, and I'm not even sure what Livermore's position is.

Dru said:
Everyone is going on about pace but I think the ability the bring the ball out of defence confidently is a massive part of AVB and our new style.

Kaboul can do it.
Gallas can do it
Caulker can do it
Vertonghen can do it.

Dawson - its not his style.

Even educated bees do it, I will miss Daws to if he goes - wish him all the best

I dont get why people moan about the likes of Jenas and Bentley not being shifted before Hudd/Daws

Someone has to WANT to buy them before we can sell them.

Dru said:
I dont get why people moan about the likes of Jenas and Bentley not being shifted before Hudd/Daws

I think the fact we're lumbered with them is probably more to do with the volume of the moaning!!

What's annoying me is the press trying to stir things up by saying Dawson is the club captain. I fucking hate the press. :avbfacepalm:

Had a chelscum fan tell me we are selling our captain "because that's what AVB does."

Typical chelscum. So well informed.

Dru said:

I'm sure someone would have at least loaned JJ....someone, anyone? Pleeeease!!!

I know it's a case of having someone want them but it's still frustrating that the more talented Hudd departs whilst the forever nearly man remains.

As for Dawson, I hope he does well wherever he goes and stays free of injury enough to get back in the England squad. I'll find it a hell of a lot easier to support England with the likes of Dawson playing rather than Terry.

:dawson:

MKYid said:
Dru said:

I'm sure someone would have at least loaned JJ....someone, anyone? Pleeeease!!!

I know it's a case of having someone want them but it's still frustrating that the more talented Hudd departs whilst the forever nearly man remains.

As for Dawson, I hope he does well wherever he goes and stays free of injury enough to get back in the England squad. I'll find it a hell of a lot easier to support England with the likes of Dawson playing rather than Terry.

:dawson:

To be honest I'd feel better if anyone else played other than him but you're right about Daws.

parklaneboy said:
Pity we cant off load gallas and not Daws never trusted him never will same goes for the x scum striker i cant even bring my self to say his name

:wall: :adegrin: :adegrin2: :ade: :adestare: :adelol:

....not sure if serious??

Is it 'cos his parents did demeaning jobs that you liked to sing about???

Back
Top Bottom