Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can also vouch for him being a totally fantastic fella. Met him the week after Ryan Mason was assaulted by Cahill. Hull were in London playing (Fulham I think) and the team were in the hotel we were staying in. Had a chat for 10 minutes or so. A genuinely nice bloke. Spurs through and through.

I love Dawson, met him in 2011 when my friend (pictured in the front and sadly no longer with us) was given a box for Spurs v Woolwich by a charity that organised experiences for terminally ill patients. Daws was out injured at the time so they must have had him on meet-and-greet duties, but top top fella who's really down to earth and friendly. Also in the picture are me and my two sons. Was great to top off an excellent day with a win...

This man gets some stick which is just totally unjustified. It seems every time we concede people do everything they can to pin it on him. What is it with people and the fookin scapegoat game?!?

This man saved our bacon several times yesterday with some fantastic last ditch tackles but not once were they mentioned and I have no doubt the one tiny thing he did wrong, passing the ball when he should of cleared it, will be the only thing most people take from his game yesterday.

He is without a doubt the most dedicated player on our team so it really mystifies me why he gets so much stick. A good example of the unjustified stick he gets is his long balls. Now they are by no means great but considering he pulls off 7.1 successful ones a game, the most in the team, from the 10.7 he tries it's ridiculous what some people claim, ie 'they're shit'.

The man is a Spurs legend, sure he lacks pace but he gives his all 100% of the time and can always be relied on to put in a good shift at the back.

Rant over. :dawsonmean:

I'm sad to see Daws go, and will be watching Hull even more closely now. 'Spurs B' :)

I've given out a few likes on this page, can't go through all the posts in the thread to give all the likes the pro-Daws posts deserve, but good luck to Daws, and hurry up Fazio, we need you.

You have to love people who you always think of as having a huge smile on their face.

Such a welcome antidote to the bad news, misery and cynicism everywhere else (I don't just mean at Spurs, everywhere)

There is a clear case for why AVB wanted to evolute the CB and thus was allowing Dawson to leave this summer. I think it is unfair to slag AVB for it. His tactical assesment of Dawsons problem with the new playing style were valid.

What is cool is Dawson actually overcoming it and becoming the better player for it.

His captaincy is beyond question from the present squad, IMHO. AFAIC he takes it extremely seriously and looks to have the respect of all his teammates.

I think the legacy of Ledley King will be good for Spurs. Not the playing one, this time, but the one of having a captain sitting on the bench/stand a whole lot. We have 3 other CB's who are as good as Dawson, and with AVB's rotation thing going on, it is important to have a captain, who accepts being benched ever so often. And having teammates who respect it.
Not only is it unfair to slag AVB, he was open minded enough to allow Dawson a chance to play his way back into the team and win him over despite his initial judgment. So far, this is one of the big success stories of AVB's tenure at Spurs and contrary to everything we had been told about his man management abilities.

:( we need to terminate his contract with immediate affect! Things need to be done around here.

Terminate his contract?

Why? To make this club even less recognizable. Dawson is the type of player who should be here in one capacity or another for his whole career.

Even if we pair Vlad and Vertonghen as first choice next season, who do you think we can get to sit on our bench thats better than Dawson?

Laughable

BrdVqmACIAA2veQ.jpg

The time is right, but nevertheless is a bit teary to see a true Spursy player leave.
I'll admit I wasn't his biggest fan in these recent months, but I can't deny his commitment.

ibbJJR1mo4STEi.gif

He was always there to put his body on the line.
Whether he was having a good day or bad, he always gave his full.

Good luck at Hull, big fella ... I'm sure he's got a lot to offer them.

Bv-87GqCYAAPk1z.jpg

That header against the chavs is still one of my favorite Spurs moments. Even though it was time, it still sucks and I hate to see him go. Gave it his all every single game and was the consummate professional. Good luck Daws!

Met him in the players lounge a few years ago. He was talking to the fella from Gavin & Stacey and I went over with my little brother hiding behind me. Stopped his conversation and made a real effort to be warm towards us. Love him.

Always struck me as genuine, a thoroughly nice guy. I love it when players feel the same about the Club as we do. We've had a lot worse to put up with, another one who ran his heart out for us whenever he played.

Love Daws. He was my hero as a kid, which is why perhaps I grew up with no technical ability but handy in the air with a penchant for lumping strikers.

Top bloke and great servant to Spurs and everywhere else he has gone. One ex player I would genuinely like to meet

Back
Top Bottom