Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/VFTLpodcast/status/1729164421711466626?s=20

Haven't and won't listen but it seems Danny Kelly has embarrassed himself on this looking to play the mainstream narrative.

he gets a pass because he's a Spurs legend imo but it's crazy how quickly they turn.

I love Danny Kelly, a fella who knows the media inside out and made an absolute mint as a direct result of his days as a Music journo to a football one. I've met him on a few occasions now mostly just to wave hello but met him when he was on a walk in Vikki Park (where I lived and where he would walk to from his gaff in Islington) I invited him for a cuppa at my place - lovely, lovely bloke.

But I can't listen to him talk about Spurs, he drives me mad. It's more a personality clash I think - he seems to actually enjoy wallowing in self-pity. Say anything good about Spurs and I guarantee he will follow it up with an "ah what about.......(fill-in-the-blank with something shit).

VFTL was a super podcast, probably my fav Spurs one but as soon as Kelly joined it's no longer my go to pod. I'm also not a fan of James Maw for exactly the same reason as above, another that only really comes to life when wallowing in negativity quips.

The best voice on the pod is Eccleshire (a gooner!!) and I miss not having Jack Pitt-Brooke too, both of these two have a very measured eye on Spurs. I think JPB has a fantastic ability to understand Spurs fan culture and gives a highly balanced view of on and off-pitch stuff.

Putting this here coz there isn't a subject and I don't have rep on channel.

Haven't watched game but saw Luton did 14 fouls to Arse 7. Arse have a force field so Saka can auto dive and get a free kick while Bentancur gets ASSAULTED very clearly and nothing!

Football is the most corrupt sport in the world!

Putting this here coz there isn't a subject and I don't have rep on channel.

Haven't watched game but saw Luton did 14 fouls to Arse 7. Arse have a force field so Saka can auto dive and get a free kick while Bentancur gets ASSAULTED very clearly and nothing!

Football is the most corrupt sport in the world!

Most whistles were fair in the game apart from the Kiwior follow through and the last FK that they scored from was very harsh.

Liverpool had a much worse foul not whistled before their winner vs Fulham.

But the Sky clubs have been getting help for b years, just have to get on with it.

78634851-12831563-image-a-2_1701854299865.jpg

Romero foul compared to unpunished Arse foul on Andreas Townsend.

Full story in Daily Mail

lol at talksports videos and titles for their post game reaction to our game

"Spurs fan distraught after spurs BOTTLE lead v west ham"

"Are Spurs falling apart?"

"Tottenham fans finally been put in their place claims ray parlour"

Newcastle were smashed by Everton on the other hand and theirs not on video about them. It's interesting, it's alot of hate, mixed with the reality of us being a real big club unlike newcastle so theres no point trolling them

lol at talksports videos and titles for their post game reaction to our game

"Spurs fan distraught after spurs BOTTLE lead v west ham"

"Are Spurs falling apart?"

"Tottenham fans finally been put in their place claims ray parlour"

Newcastle were smashed by Everton on the other hand and theirs not on video about them. It's interesting, it's alot of hate, mixed with the reality of us being a real big club unlike newcastle so theres no point trolling them

No, it's just simple clickbait, they just know how to bait people to falling for their nonsense.

I love Danny Kelly, a fella who knows the media inside out and made an absolute mint as a direct result of his days as a Music journo to a football one. I've met him on a few occasions now mostly just to wave hello but met him when he was on a walk in Vikki Park (where I lived and where he would walk to from his gaff in Islington) I invited him for a cuppa at my place - lovely, lovely bloke.

But I can't listen to him talk about Spurs, he drives me mad. It's more a personality clash I think - he seems to actually enjoy wallowing in self-pity. Say anything good about Spurs and I guarantee he will follow it up with an "ah what about.......(fill-in-the-blank with something shit).

VFTL was a super podcast, probably my fav Spurs one but as soon as Kelly joined it's no longer my go to pod. I'm also not a fan of James Maw for exactly the same reason as above, another that only really comes to life when wallowing in negativity quips.

The best voice on the pod is Eccleshire (a gooner!!) and I miss not having Jack Pitt-Brooke too, both of these two have a very measured eye on Spurs. I think JPB has a fantastic ability to understand Spurs fan culture and gives a highly balanced view of on and off-pitch stuff.

Yeah James maw comes across as a bit of a bellend. One of those people who won’t change his opinion and thinks it’s better than everyone else’s. We all know the type.

Listened to the new one this morning and was thinking exactly the same.
Yeah James maw comes across as a bit of a bellend. One of those people who won’t change his opinion and thinks it’s better than everyone else’s. We all know the type.

It strikes me that he knows he's the least talented journalist and orator in the room, so has to make up for it by being a bit of a Mr I Think Know It All..

He was completely unlistenable in the early episodes of the pod, he's now just ok.

It strikes me that he knows he's the least talented journalist and orator in the room, so has to make up for it by being a bit of a Mr I Think Know It All..

He was completely unlistenable in the early episodes of the pod, he's now just ok.
It’s a good podcast all in all

Would also like to add that Gary Neville is a fucking weasel

Media going in on angeball because we had a wobble ( not withstanding injury crisis, he’s only just in the door etc) and he should change etc
Yet Hen Taag leads yanited to their worst finish ever in a champions league and nobody calls for his head. If we didn’t come out of a group with galatasry and Copenhagen we would be flaked in the media. Sickens my hole.

Back
Top Bottom