Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sorry I didn't agree with what you posted ,seems by this little hissy fit it does hurt and again I apologise I didn't realise you took that little x to heart

but hey lets not derail the thread and leave it there
54380363.jpg

Ha ha, you disagreed with a lighthearted post about a monkey with a machine gun then deleted it when you realised it would make you look spiteful. Beyond pathetic. :kanehand:

Good grief, can't believe how people turn on their own so quickly. Yes, the last four games were disappointing, but we have to keep the bigger picture in mind. We have played some beautiful football this season and manager and players alike will learn from the experience.

but he has yet to prove himself any better than Harry or AVB. Proof is in the points

Ok, a day on. The proof is in the league position, not the points total. You are clearly expressing a dissatisfaction with a manager who has got us to our highest league position in the PL era. I'll forgive you the fake fan slur because your opinion of me is irrelevant to this, but for you to insinuate that AVB and Redknapp are superior managers to Poch is telling. You despise Redknapp, so don't cover your arse with "I'm absolutely not saying we should get rid of him", then say he hasn't delivered. You consider yourself some kind of superfan, but you're not. If you're dumb enough to live your life through a bunch of footballers who couldn't give a stoney fuck whether you live or die there's not much more I can say.

Btw. It's funny you calling me out for 'lecturing'. I'd wager that 90% of the forum get that impression from your posts, delivered, as they are, from the lofty, pseudo, moral high ground that you habitually occupy. Nonetheless, l have to thank you for your defence of me in the 'nigga' debate with Gibbs. I genuinely hope we can put this nonsense down to emotions running high, and look forward to next season together.

Every season the competition is different, and this has been our highest ever finish in this competition

Think of the players Poch has improved as this year was his true ground zero, 10 months ago he still had Paulinho and Chriches, other players who were not good enough were still around much later

Harry had a Leicester like scenario, a load of players all at their peak at once, a strong man manager he just got them going and was magical at times

AVB had Bale, just like Ronaldo and Suarez as I said earlier today they don't tend to be in premier league long, as they are all worth about 15 points a season

We have dropped points this season absolutely, and not just in last few weeks but thanks to our automatic CL finish nobody is leaving for once and with a summer of Poch able to integrate more quality and improve what we have, rather than a sale of pure shit stinking out the training pitch, we will be ready to roll next year, a year older and wiser

Not to over simplify things, but how anyone can put this on Poch is beyond me.
Poch gone by Xmas.... really?
Most of you have been Spurs longer than me, but my God I've never seen us play more beautiful football. And as I've said, watching Poch on Sunday was fucking heartbreaking.
This most certainly isn't on Poch, but Poch will make sure this is a learning experience.
I wouldn't want any other manager on earth leading our boys into the next phase. Just my opinion....

I don't care if we sputter to 5th-7th next season. Poch is still the man to guide us forward. In all honesty, we probably are ahead of "schedule" and I doubt City, Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool are all going to have as bad seasons as they had this year - and that is not to belittle our achievement.

As long as the identity is "youth, home grown talent, attractive football" I'm onboard. We will remain competitive. When we finally have the new stadium I want Poch to still be there, and Levy and Co to really go for it. Would be beyond ridiculous to sack the man even if we are 8th in december (barring an AVB-like meltdown on the pitch).

I don't care if we sputter to 5th-7th next season. Poch is still the man to guide us forward. In all honesty, we probably are ahead of "schedule" and I doubt City, Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool are all going to have as bad seasons as they had this year - and that is not to belittle our achievement.

As long as the identity is "youth, home grown talent, attractive football" I'm onboard. We will remain competitive. When we finally have the new stadium I want Poch to still be there, and Levy and Co to really go for it. Would be beyond ridiculous to sack the man even if we are 8th in december (barring an AVB-like meltdown on the pitch).
what is this schedule you speak of ?

I still believe Pochettino is the man to lead us forwards, little by little we have improved with him in charge. I don't see any of our starting 11 itching to go to pastures new. The stability for once will be a massive factor for us. If we can get our new signings in early and integrated, I do not see why we cannot challenge again next season. The big teams that failed this season, have rebuilding jobs which will take some time to bed in. The Woolwich will stick with Wenger and even though they managed their highest finish for over 10 years, they will still buy into his rinse and repeat cycle and never truly challenge.

Ha ha, you disagreed with a lighthearted post about a monkey with a machine gun then deleted it when you realised it would make you look spiteful. Beyond pathetic. :kanehand:
not a clue what you are on about again

but if you want to look at spiteful disagreeing how about disagreeing with genuine FACTS twice
pot/kettle Josephine x

what is this schedule you speak of ?

The plan, the big scheme of things etc. I don't think Champions League-football was expected this season. IIRC, Levy talked about qualifying for Europe rather than outright saying CL as he had done previously in his end of the year letter last season. I can be talking out of my arse of course.

I always enjoy reading the melt down posts on this site but damn even Im shocked at how quickly things turn in football. 3 weeks ago Potch was the best thing since sliced bread today calls for him to go. Beginning of the season top four would have been taken with open arms especially if you go back and look at who was in the squad what with everyone complaining about the lack of signings and all. Yes we stuffed it up at the end but I think its a squad thing more than a manager thing. Potch also learnt alot about his team and about himself the last four odd weeks. I don't think anyone else out there could do a job he has done and I dot see any other manager better suited to this club. Shit I love him, almost reminds me of Ferguson, same tenacity and drive. It was crap the way it ended but at least we were in it even just for a short while. Hasn't happend in my time as a Spur fan and I enjoyed the season even the lows.

The plan, the big scheme of things etc. I don't think Champions League-football was expected this season. IIRC, Levy talked about qualifying for Europe rather than outright saying CL as he had done previously in his end of the year letter last season. I can be talking out of my arse of course.

I think the board level expectation is for us to challenge for 4th place, with CL 'qualification' as a goal. We have over achieved got CL group stage and even for a bit were genuinely challenging for the league. Woolwich were never challenging and their 2nd place finish was due to our collapse and them not having any pressure, they were out of the race long before we were. That to me says we are on schedule for improvement. Just compare how we are doing compared to Redknapp, AVB and Sherwood era Spurs.

I always enjoy reading the melt down posts on this site but damn even Im shocked at how quickly things turn in football. 3 weeks ago Potch was the best thing since sliced bread today calls for him to go.
I don't think every one thought he was the best thing since sliced bread

some was just waiting for him to prove them right

need to remember this was a freak season in which Leicester won the league

If the players got the hump 'cos they cared SO MUCH about losing the title... maybe we shouldn't have lost our discipline against Chelsea which effectively HANDED Chelse... sorry Leicester the title!

...let's be honest, the Title was NEVER in our hands realistically (especially once we'd lost that 6 pointer to them at WHL) ...but fucking 2nd WAS in our hands...
1 point from TWO GAMES! one at home against an arguably decent Southampton side... and if not then how about an already relegated 10 man team?

SERIOUSLY. .. if the players cared THAT much about the fans, the club, and yes, the PRIDE IN FINISHING RUNNERS UP in a high profile league, them I really give up...
Are they gonna be all pissed off if we DON'T win the CL then and throw their toys out of the pram next season too?

Poch needs to cracking some fucking heads, and remind them of both the knick on effects (for tge fans) for the forseeable future cos of what they've done... and the enormity of what they've just missed out on.
The players never believed they could win the PL, Im convinced of this, the belief was never there. The media tried to make it happen, we got sucked in. We continually lost or drew the crucial games, the games that define your season, this included the final few. Getting CL football was the target and the target was met before the season ended-job done get ya bonus. Winning the PL or finishing above Woolwich was never on the agenda, we need to accept this. They delivered CL football next season-we need to accept this.

It just feels like a betrayal, doesn't it?

They pay so much lip service to how good the fans have been (particularly the away fans) but when they have one game to properly turn up and repay them, yesterday happened.
At this level you need to be 100%. Once we achieved our goal - CL football the season was over. The players had the Euros in France at the back of their minds and were never going to die for the cause of getting second spot. They tried to blag it but at this level you get found out. When Welbad got injured, you could see his anguish, he will be missing the Euros, not because the Woolwich may miss him on the run in for 2nd spot.

The players had the Euros in France at the back of their minds and were never going to die for the cause of getting second spot.
Yeah, I'd say the pulling out of tackles on Sunday is evidence enough of that.

Edit: one of the reasons I think it's crazy to lay blame at Poch's door for the performance.
I have faith in that man more than anyone else (bar perhaps Kane and Hugo). He fucked up the third substitution tactically - but we shouldn't have been in that position anyway.

Yeah, I'd say the pulling out of tackles on Sunday is evidence enough of that.
It is the way it is. They, the players delivered us CL football next season. We should be happy and looking forward to it. Let the Woolwich have their moment, they still underachieved and have a manager who has demensia. They have all the problems and we are on the up. Why are we so determined to derail our postitive progress.

Back
Top Bottom