Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All you knee-jerking fuckwits need to get a clue! We have gained AUTOMATIC QUALIFICATION for the champions league, finishing third in a season where nobody expected us to break into the top 4, and we have the youngest team in the league! Granted the team lost their heads slightly after the loss of the title but they will learn a lot from this experience, at least we were in the picture unlike those woolwich choke artists! I stand up and applaud what Pochettino has done for this team and this club in such a short time. A season is judged in its entirety not only on the last 5 games, and narrow minded ignorant simpletons like friedfish over here have the analytical and reactionary capacity of a 5 year old it seems. Thank you Pochettino for one of the most exciting seasons I have had following Spurs, looking forward to our future adventures in the champions league !!!!
:allitongue::eriksenlol::levylol::pochlol::vert::walker-scream:

The secret diary of Mauricio Pochettino.

Things to do today:

D̶e̶f̶e̶n̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g
Lunch with Fergie

People have had their expectations warped by Leicester's incredible season. They expect us to be up the top of the league "because the top teams have been shit". Well actually in reality it's the worse teams who have been better. We've had to fight for every single result to do as well as we have when realistically we're a top five/six team and that's about our "correct" level.

We've had a fantastic season and I can't wait to see how we do next year, hopefully after some very necessary additions to the squad. Pochettino is doing a great job and our club has a great future. If you're going to jump on our manager's back after a few bad results then you might as well go and support Woolwich

All you knee-jerking fuckwits need to get a clue! We have gained AUTOMATIC QUALIFICATION for the champions league, finishing third in a season where nobody expected us to break into the top 4, and we have the youngest team in the league! Granted the team lost their heads slightly after the loss of the title but they will learn a lot from this experience, at least we were in the picture unlike those woolwich choke artists! I stand up and applaud what Pochettino has done for this team and this club in such a short time. A season is judged in its entirety not only on the last 5 games, and narrow minded ignorant simpletons like friedfish over here have the analytical and reactionary capacity of a 5 year old it seems. Thank you Pochettino for one of the most exciting seasons I have had following Spurs, looking forward to our future adventures in the champions league !!!!
Whilst I tend to agree (in the calm moments between fits of rage) the litmus test would be this...

If a Spurs fan had fallen into a coma back in August, the night before the season kicked off... and woken up this morning to be told we'd finished 3rd, I'm sure they'd be overjoyed (if a little dismayed to have missed all the 'joy and drama unfold')

...however, if you told them WHO finished 1st and 2nd... and the manner in which the season played out, I'm sure they'd ask to be induced into another coma to help escape the reality!!

The secret diary of Mauricio Pochettino.

Things to do today:

D̶e̶f̶e̶n̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g
Lunch with Fergie
fergie missed a trick. he should have met poch for lunch before we played man utd.
he could have distracted poch from the upcoming match.

lets not forget poch is still pretty new to management & still learning his way.
so he will hopefully learn a lot from what's happened this season.
there were so many things he did well this season.

my main concern is how bad the teams head dropped once we knew we couldn't win the title.
because realistically that will happen a lot sooner next season, & the 1 after, & so on.

lets not forget poch is still pretty new to management & still learning his way.
so he will hopefully learn a lot from what's happened this season.
there were so many things he did well this season.

my main concern is how bad the teams head dropped once we knew we couldn't win the title.
because realistically that will happen a lot sooner next season, & the 1 after, & so on.
We sort of saw heads drop last year too, after we lost the League Cup final. We have a squad which HATES losing, which is great. They just need to learn how to handle it better

I think he's a very good tactician but he has a bit of Arry about him...in that he allows the players to get away with a lot as long as they're performing. He's tactically strict but strict in terms of discipline and actually telling players not to behave in an inappropriate way? it looks like the players are either not listening or he has a very relaxed approach.

As i said he should have dropped Walker for being a total twat in the WBA and Chelsea game (and sat the team down after the WBA game and told them no more kicking out bullshit)...he should have come out and said Dier was totally wrong for questioning the teams ability to motivate themselves after back to back draws.

He has his favourites it seems (which every manager does i guess) but some of his actions in terms of being fair? well no he's not been fair has he. Dropping Wimmer straight away when Jan came back (not knocking the decision but not exactly fair was it)...giving Benteleb 1 start on his return then dropping him completely after 1 bad game yet persisting on Mason despite numerous horrendous games....finding it easy to alway sub Son off but doesn't dare take certain other players off who have been just as bad...not dropping walker after his behaviour and performances and replacing him with a very able Trippier.

After yesterday's performance by Verts I do knock the decision to drop Wimmer who only had one bad game away to Dortmund (not the only one!)

:vertna:

Fergie - Lets knock Liverpool off their fucking perch.

Poch - I don't care about Woolwich.

If you want to say it, say it, but don't under any circumstances mean it.

Think Poch picked the best team available for the final three games.

Just shows how huge Dembele and Alli have been for us all season.

Think this demise falls on the shoulders of the players. They never seemed up for it in the final 3 matches.

Think this demise falls on the shoulders of the players. They never seemed up for it in the final 3 matches.
I assume then that you don't give Poch any credit for the rest of the season? If he get praise when we do well, he needs a kicking when we don't.

Yes - well said! Lets go head to head with the Scum in the CL and see how far we both go. Last time we out shone them and hopefully will again.

Do you, why was Davies a better option than Rose yesterday but not the two games prior to that? Reckon Fergie told him?

*just seen the "story" about him being on the piss*

Last edited:
Small minded, childish, bitter, little man. Following me around disagreeing with all my posts. Oh how it hurts. Why don't you post some more about things that annoy you? It appears to be nearly everything. And this guy. :pochlol: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

sorry I didn't agree with what you posted ,seems by this little hissy fit it does hurt and again I apologise I didn't realise you took that little x to heart

but hey lets not derail the thread and leave it there
54380363.jpg

I hope fucking ITK is right.

I know that's like hoping for a fucking miracle, but fuck me if Pochettino actually did not shout at that shit shower.

Sodomise some of those cunts with a barbed stick with the lack of effort put in.

If the players got the hump 'cos they cared SO MUCH about losing the title... maybe we shouldn't have lost our discipline against Chelsea which effectively HANDED Chelse... sorry Leicester the title!

...let's be honest, the Title was NEVER in our hands realistically (especially once we'd lost that 6 pointer to them at WHL) ...but fucking 2nd WAS in our hands...
1 point from TWO GAMES! one at home against an arguably decent Southampton side... and if not then how about an already relegated 10 man team?

SERIOUSLY. .. if the players cared THAT much about the fans, the club, and yes, the PRIDE IN FINISHING RUNNERS UP in a high profile league, them I really give up...
Are they gonna be all pissed off if we DON'T win the CL then and throw their toys out of the pram next season too?

Poch needs to cracking some fucking heads, and remind them of both the knick on effects (for tge fans) for the forseeable future cos of what they've done... and the enormity of what they've just missed out on.

Poch needs to cracking some fucking heads, and remind them of both the knick on effects (for tge fans) for the forseeable future cos of what they've done... and the enormity of what they've just missed out on.
It just feels like a betrayal, doesn't it?

They pay so much lip service to how good the fans have been (particularly the away fans) but when they have one game to properly turn up and repay them, yesterday happened.

Back
Top Bottom