Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is the way it is. They, the players delivered us CL football next season. We should be happy and looking forward to it. Let the Woolwich have their moment, they still underachieved and have a manager who has demensia. They have all the problems and we are on the up. Why are we so determined to derail our postitive progress.
Woolwich had the 'advantage' (if you can call it that) on Sunday that they needed a point or more to guarantee third place (a distinct improvement on 4th thanks to the automatic CL group stage entry). If they'd lost and Man City had won, they'd have been 4th.

Bizarrely, tying up third early actually contributed to our meltdown.

It is the way it is. They, the players delivered us CL football next season. We should be happy and looking forward to it. Let the Woolwich have their moment, they still underachieved and have a manager who has demensia. They have all the problems and we are on the up. Why are we so determined to derail our postitive progress.

It's much easier to think like this, now that a few days have gone by. But I've rarely felt more miserable football wise than I did Sunday/Monday.

But you are right of course. Let us hope (and I'm sure we will, my belief in Poch has not wavered) that we do some good business in the transfer window, that Poch is backed by Levy 100%, and that we press on next season! It will be tougher, of that I have no doubt, but we can do it. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL IS BACK MOTHER FUCKERS

Not to over simplify things, but how anyone can put this on Poch is beyond me.
Poch gone by Xmas.... really?
Most of you have been Spurs longer than me, but my God I've never seen us play more beautiful football. And as I've said, watching Poch on Sunday was fucking heartbreaking.
This most certainly isn't on Poch, but Poch will make sure this is a learning experience.
I wouldn't want any other manager on earth leading our boys into the next phase. Just my opinion....
I agree with your post, apart from the beautiful football part.

I am glad I left it a few days before coming on here .
Look, I f we had been offered 3rd in August we would have bitten the persons hand off.
Yes, it was disappointing the way we let that lot in at last knockings but I still think we can only come out of this campaign with positives.
This team is going to mature and only get better IMHO.
Can you see Woolwich /Wenger changing the habits of a life time? I am confident for next year.
Doesn't mean I wasn't hurting Sunday....And Monday,and today truth be told.

It's much easier to think like this, now that a few days have gone by. But I've rarely felt more miserable football wise than I did Sunday/Monday.

But you are right of course. Let us hope (and I'm sure we will, my belief in Poch has not wavered) that we do some good business in the transfer window, that Poch is backed by Levy 100%, and that we press on next season! It will be tougher, of that I have no doubt, but we can do it. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL IS BACK MOTHER FUCKERS
We need to put aside the emotion from the game on Sunday and any game in fact and never lose focus on what Poch is doing. If I were coach on Sunday I would have made examples of the established players, did a Fergie and gone ballistic and I guess most others would have but, I would never lose focus on us moving forward. The club is always bigger than any player and players need to know their place-sometimes.

Jayc1 Jayc1 here's the whole story. Not much to it.

Mauricio Pochettino is unhappy with what he perceives to have been a lack of support from Tottenham Hotspur’s hierarchy over the suspensions to Dele Alli and Mousa Dembélé that contributed towards his side slumping to finish third in the Barclays Premier League.

The Argentinian has a good relationship with Daniel Levy, the chairman, having signed a new five-year contract at White Hart Lane last week, but feels that the club could have given him more backing in challenging the FA charges that caused him to miss two key players at the end of the season.

Tottenham took just two points from their last four games of the campaign, with Alli missing the final three through suspension after being found guilty of violent conduct for punching Claudio Yacob in the 1-1 draw with West Bromwich Albion. Pochettino wanted Tottenham to contest that charge but was overruled and has subsequently complained privately about being the only figure at the club to publicly defend Alli.

Tottenham were unable to appeal against Dembélé’s six-match ban for his clash with Diego Costa in the 2-2 draw against Chelsea, but Pochettino was unhappy at being the only person at the club to condemn the length of the suspension. Pochettino’s complaints echo those of other foreign managers in the Premier League who are used to clubs in other countries going to war with the authorities on their behalf, with José Mourinho frequently complaining about a lack of support at Chelsea.

“For me, it’s not fair,” Pochettino said of Dembélé’s ban. “But they are the rules. Sometimes the rules give out a different message to the people.”

Yeah, I'd say the pulling out of tackles on Sunday is evidence enough of that.

Edit: one of the reasons I think it's crazy to lay blame at Poch's door for the performance.
I have faith in that man more than anyone else (bar perhaps Kane and Hugo). He fucked up the third substitution tactically - but we shouldn't have been in that position anyway.
I lost a bit of faith in Hugo when he just stood there for their fifth goal. Practically held up a sign saying "far post and I won't dive".

not a clue what you are on about again

but if you want to look at spiteful disagreeing how about disagreeing with genuine FACTS twice
pot/kettle Josephine x

You and I both know what I'm on about. You claim to have coaching badges, but I've never seen you post about coaching or tactics - I know you're lying, you've lied to me twice in your last 2 posts. Still, l remember your argument about dog collars - you really set the forum alight with that one, and you're still so proud of it lol.

Look, cunt, you're a fucking Manc cunt who only pops up when there's a sniff of negativity. Unfortunately we have a few of those at the moment.

You and I both know what I'm on about. You claim to have coaching badges, but I've never seen you post about coaching or tactics - I know you're lying, you've lied to me twice in your last 2 posts. Still, l remember your argument about dog collars - you really set the forum alight with that one, and you're still so proud of it lol.

Look, cunt, you're a fucking Manc cunt who only pops up when there's a sniff of negativity. Unfortunately we have a few of those at the moment.
lol I'm not a manc
its quite obvious you cant handle anyone having a different view than your own so you resort to childish name calling, attacking the poster rather than the post, which does raise the question if there are bigger issues concerning yourself or just the upbringing you had ,if so there is plenty of help available.
Yes I do claim to have coaching badges because its true !! (wow imagine someone actually telling the truth but you know I'm lying haha)

Now please stop derailing threads because I'm sure most posters don't want to see your hissy fits if you don't like what I post please feel free to hit the ignore button ,I'm absolutely fine with that BUT please promise you will seek help

Wait..
So Poch is angry that levy didn't defend 1 of our players kicking out at the opposition and another one gauging someone's eyes?
Give it a rest Pal, I think we understand your position on that game, you haven't fucking stopped talking about it. Many disagree with you BTW and absolutely loved what we did that night (I'd say you were in the minority too).

FWIW - I believe Poch wanted to create a siege mentality, a them against us scenario. Chelsea do it every year, Refs against them, never get Pens, never get the decisions, FA loves Woolwich/Wenger, FA against them, everyone hates them etc. etc.......I hate that stance, but it can't be argued that it has worked for them. I don't like that whinging approach but my guess that is what Poch was wanting, for us to make a fuss, create a feeling of everyone is against us. Who knows, it might have actually worked seeing as there was no motivation after that game.

If Dembele had actually gauged Costa's eyes, Costa would have gone to ground like he had been shot. A 6 match ban for putting your hands on an opponents face is lunacy and should have been contested on the grounds of common sense alone

Eye gouge is a serious incident but when you see the video it is clear It was a scratch on Costa's face close to his eye, a proper eye gouge would cause serious injury.

If that is what is now called a gouge then Balotelli's stamp on Parker's head should have been called attempted murder.

Dembele still should have had a ban but the incident was blown well out of proportion.

Eye gouge is a serious incident but when you see the video it is clear It was a scratch on Costa's face close to his eye, a proper eye gouge would cause serious injury.

If that is what is now called a gouge then Balotelli's stamp on Parker's head should have been called attempted murder.

Dembele still should have had a ban but the incident was blown well out of proportion.

For me, it wasn't so much a case of it being blown out of proportion, but more that there's was no debate on it. There was very little talk about whether it was actually a gauge or as you touch upon a scratch on the face. It was deemed a gauge in public/media opinion from the second, it was called that on tv. And that was that.

For me, it wasn't so much a case of it being blown out of proportion, but more that there's was no debate on it. There was very little talk about whether it was actually a gauge or as you touch upon a scratch on the face. It was deemed a gauge in public/media opinion from the second, it was called that on tv. And that was that.

I just find it odd, if someone did that in the street you would call it a scratch, similar to the Torres on Verts incident. certainly not nice but gauge suggests a real assult on the eye.

My own view is that as you say the media labelled it and also there needed to be a scape goat for the 'battle of the bridge' and that was that.

Back
Top Bottom