Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, he didn't.
Either you're trolling or stupid, I can't tell.

We got away with fucking murder that evening.
I'm not insulting you, please don't insult me.
I'm not gonna spend my day arguing whether or not we played well in a game last year.
My recollection is apart from the long balls that the guy has never done before or since we didn't do bad. We were certainly not under siege.
Please have the last word about your opinion about the Fulham game. This is mine.
We won 1-0. A fact.

I'm not gonna spend my day arguing whether or not we played well in a game last year.
My recollection is apart from the long balls that the guy has never done before or since we didn't do bad. We were certainly not under siege.
Please have the last word about your opinion about the Fulham game. This is mine.
We won 1-0. A fact.
You seem to be the only one here that is rating Doherty.
Everyone else recognises he's not all that.

Give it a rest Matt, sudoku rolled out the same crap when Nuno won 3 games in a row 1-0 and we were top of the league. Refuses to use his actual eyes to see how awful we were then.

Doc has been solid since he joined us. He doesn't make mistakes and he has never let us down.

ha ha laughing GIF

We won 1-0. A fact.

You're literally the one instigating the argument by saying stuff like:

"Name me one game he played badly in"

"He doesn''t make mistakes"

..And then cock-blocking any genuine debate or analysis by making purile counter arguments that amount to:

"Unless the team were under seige then he can't have played badly"

"No-one scored, so he can't have made no mistakes"

"We won; I don't care"

You've been a busy boy.
Would not be a pen this season.
Busy?

I watch the games and I see who is worse than others.
Had Aurrier done either of those he wouldn't have had any sympathy,

The simple fact is, in his own half he's as much use as Royal is in the opposition half.
We have 2 halves of a good RWB. Unfortunately they're 2 different players

I hate Spurs losing games.
We have only lost to Chelsea and Wolves domestically when Doc plays.

Everton (H) 0-1 13.09.20
Liverpool (H) 1-3 28.01.21
West Ham (A) 2-1 21.02.21 (subbed on at halftime, down 1-0)

Perhaps you meant this season ?

I'm actually fine with Doherty as a RWB if we're going with 3/5 at-the-back... he's here off the back of a great season for Wolves at RWB.

He'd be my 3rd choice RB (behind Tanganga + Emerson) in a back 4.

But I do think we're obviously lacking dynamism from our RB/RWBs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom