Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm savouring this moment. In years to come I'll be able to tell my great grandchildren that I was watching on the night when Matt Doherty reached the peak of his footballing career.

His best game tonight for Spurs - and looked better over the last few games.

Suddenly looing like the player we thought we had bought 18 months ago - is it just playing him as a RWB which has done it or something more ? And I still don't understand why Nuno (who had him at Wolves) didn't play him that way at Spurs ?

I had him down as being one of the first out of the door, but if he's like this until the summer I'll change that to 'staying' unless we find 2 top RWB's in the summer which probably has zero chance of happening with the other changes to the squad being needed !

One swallow doesn't make a summer but tonight he looked much more like the Wolves Doherty. A good performance is a good performance, so credit to him. Now let's see him follow it up with another one.

Fair fucks to the lad.

As they say, you're only as good as your last game......

Ergo, Doherty is pure, unadulterated baller flex!

Now that he is a baller, it is time for him to bring back his baller haircut.

8bvvdjjld1m81.jpg

Emerson wouldn't have made either of those passes for Kane's goal.

I suppose the tricky question for Conte is does his better passing/threat in the final third compensate for his lack of defensive solidity when compared to Emerson? I suppose the United game will be the acid test.

Do you want Doherty or Emerson up against Sancho?

Doherty still definitely seems like a risk against the bigger teams but it's hard to justify dropping him now.

Emerson wouldn't have made either of those passes for Kane's goal.

I suppose the tricky question for Conte is does his better passing/threat in the final third compensate for his lack of defensive solidity when compared to Emerson? I suppose the United game will be the acid test.

Do you want Doherty or Emerson up against Sancho?

Doherty still definitely seems like a risk against the bigger teams but it's hard to justify dropping him now.
the good thing about bentancur and PEH is they will actually support the defence and help out, so you can get away with playing doherty i think. this weekend we will see though. hard to drop him in this form you need to build off this momentum.

kanes reaction the other game when emerson missed that one on one after the through ball said it all, players are probably sick of him, that weighs a lot psychologically, its the same with winks.

Back
Top Bottom