Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As much shit as I give him at times, and the fact that his face annoys me, I've always said he has much more presence than Emerson Royal. He's far from great but he has much more about him.

As much shit as I give him at times, and the fact that his face annoys me, I've always said he has much more presence than Emerson Royal. He's far from great but he has much more about him.

Also confidence can completely change a player.

If he starts playing like this consistently it could be a game changer. Long way to go yet though!

Better than Royal for sure, but not near good enough.

All the praise he is getting today for a pretty ok-ish game at best shows how low the bar is for him.

Better than Royal for sure, but not near good enough.

All the praise he is getting today for a pretty ok-ish game at best shows how low the bar is for him.

He's not the answer for the first team but I'm fine with him as back-up. Emerson is neither for me.

Long way to go for him IMO and I doubt he’s the long term answer but he’s the best right back we have. He can actually cross, which makes him instantly better than Royal

FNR171dXIAI9Y2l

He and Kulu are both oddball players that take up weird positions and do weird stuff. Neither guy is threatening you for pace, but still, not easy to defend.

I don't want to get ahead of myself on Doherty who has put in a couple of good shifts against wretched, lost opponents, but he's in his comfortable position and looks more reliable than Royal for certain.

Amazing playing a right wing back as a right wing back would mark an improvement. Was much better playing him as an ultra defensive right back or an auxilliary left back in Mourinhos low block. Still not the answer long term but good for him to at least show a bit of what he can do.

fair play to him. do think hes taken unfair slack but he hasnt been that great either. last few games hes been class, proper RB who can provide us with quality. two fantastic balls for kane today. we need him in this form too because emerson is shockingly bad

He did well again, like he has in his past few appearances. Still we played a team that lost 5 out of their last 6 PL matches. So...nothing to get too excited about.

Back
Top Bottom